Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid RTP Rails

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I do need to make more of the 9" ones so I'll do the 8" version too while I'm at it. I'll work them in this week sometime. Thanks
    Still interested! Going to PM's captain.....

Name:  no one cares 01.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  21.7 KB

Seriously...… but thanks to everyone for making my morning coffee time that much more enjoyable... Oh, ****, I better write down the spec change because somewhere down the road im going to get one of these things in for a repair and wonder WTF??

*The amount of people who still lurk this place just looking to troll is hysterical. I thought there was a statute of limitations on butthurt? At least hypocracy lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Name:  no one cares 01.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  21.7 KB

Seriously...… but thanks to everyone for making my morning coffee time that much more enjoyable... Oh, ****, I better write down the spec change because somewhere down the road im going to get one of these things in for a repair and wonder WTF??

*The amount of people who still lurk this place just looking to troll is hysterical. I thought there was a statute of limitations on butthurt? At least hypocracy lasts forever.

......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElGringo View Post
    Still interested! Going to PM's captain.....
    I'll do my best to get Slimline rails done (8 and 9 inch) before next week. I'm currently in the middle another job that is hogging the mill, as soon as I can break that project down I'll jump on rails.

It's interesting how the Streisand effect applies here. In the attempt to de-rail () the thread and the new re-engineered design, it has inadvertently lead to 11K views and I'll say sales are great. Thanks!

Also, it's actually comical watching the Orwellian debating style and it's failures to manipulate an intended outcome, its pure nonsense and only holds weight with a small minority of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic_Chaos View Post
    Personally I'd be good with a standard 8" rail, though personally I would love to see the front portion converted into a picatinny style section. But either way I'll be in for one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have always wanted a rail with a picatinny rail to match my tac-one body. I think you could attach some cool grips.

-kielpo

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I have always wanted a rail with a picatinny rail to match my tac-one body. I think you could attach some cool grips.
    Are you talking about the sides or the bottom foregrip area?

It's interesting how the Streisand effect applies here. In the attempt to de-rail () the thread and the new re-engineered design, it has inadvertently lead to 11K views and I'll say sales are great. Thanks!

Also, it's actually comical watching the Orwellian debating style and it's failures to manipulate an intended outcome, its pure nonsense and only holds weight with a small minority of people.
    It is a firm belief that you, by your own admission, won't change things as you see fit, because you will not take any criticism, no matter how genuine or factual. If it is not your design, then it can't be any good. Me personally, i am not trying to change that fact. What i am trying to illustrate is that you make decisions that are bad. Not staying in spec, trying to over engineer things and making changes because you think that they are better when people tell you otherwise.

I am not trying to derail any sales, but wanting you to make things better for all, so that you can actually get better designs and more sales. You deride me that i am not a customer, but what i tell you, what i try to get illustrate is that you can do things better for the entire market. Just by listening to what the ENTIRE public wants, not just what you wish to make, would only grow your "business" and gain more people to buy your products.

If you would look at the resale values of a Dalara, Chord, Karta bodies; and see that though a limited number were made, that they hold their value more than 10 years after the fact. So if you wish to keep plugging in 3 deflators, or a few rails here or there. Be my guest. I won't become a customer of your current line up because you haven't made anything i want or need.

So think what you will. I know i am trying to help, and if jumping on you about specs is making me be petty, well so be it. I am here to give you hard truths, not troll you just because. Stay in spec, do something above ylwhat you are doing, and remove your cranium from your posterior.

Are you talking about the sides or the bottom foregrip area?
    I had always envisioned on the bottom, never thought about the sides. The sides would be kinda interesting.

I had always envisioned on the bottom, never thought about the sides. The sides would be kinda interesting.

It looks like the sides are to short but it may work as a foregrip mount. I'll have to play around with the design to see whats possible.

Slimline 8

Name:  Slimline 8.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  39.3 KB

Slimline 8

Name:  Slimline 8.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  39.3 KB
    Nice work, luke. I’ll be grabbing one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slimline 8's are now in stock.

Slimline 8's are now in stock.

Thanks for the heads up!

I have an idea for a Tac rail if someone can loan me a body..

I have an idea for a Tac rail if someone can loan me a body..
    I have one that you milled the back on to show the valve, will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by awo702 View Post
    I have one that you milled the back on to show the valve, will that work?
    I dont recall exactly what I did, can you shoot me a picture?

I dont recall exactly what I did, can you shoot me a picture?
    It’s still full length but you milled the rear left corner that covered the valve, making it symmetrical.

Yea that will work, can I borrow it?

Yea that will work, can I borrow it?
    No problem. Sounds like this would be pretty cool.

Any plans for an 8” version as well? I’ve got a mini Tac body (first mod you did for me years ago) laying around.

Hard to say at this point, I'll have to do the CAD work.

Here's where we are, the Tac-One Hybrid rail lines up with the front back and sides of the AGD body and the Pictanny design on the rail sides is non functional.

The Pictanny foregrip mount attaches to the rail just like a foregrip (Two screws) The foregrip mount would be offered as a separate product and could be used on other rails.

Name:  Tac One Hybrid 9 CAD.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  45.7 KB

Here's where we are, the Tac-One Hybrid rail lines up with the front back and sides of the AGD body and the Pictanny design on the rail sides is non functional.

The Pictanny foregrip mount attaches to the rail just like a foregrip (Two screws) The foregrip mount would be offered as a separate product and could be used on other rails.

Name:  Tac One Hybrid 9 CAD.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  45.7 KB
    That looks pretty awesome luke!

LOL, not super exciting but it will go with the body. Not sure if any of those guys are around anymore but I was hounded for years to make this rail.

I did try and incorporate the foregrip mount into the rail but there wasn't enough room on the slug rails basic design.

If there's no interest (i.e. orders) this wont go to production, just putting it out there to gauge interest.

I'm not gonna lie, part of me wants to buy a tac-one body just to use this rail. If it does go into production, I may need to pick this one up. Even though I have a lot on my plate right now in term of projects. I think this would look bad ass with a woodland camo style anodize, maybe a black and gray acid wash, possibilities are endless. Hell even taking inspiration from all the old eclipse splash or micro mag anodize could look bad ass. Just my 2 cents though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I really like the almost eclipse-style look to the milling on the back of the tac rail.
    That it matches up with a tac-1 body just makes it even cooler.

like Gundam, if this goes into production, I'm going to have to buy a tac-1 body just to have this rail.

I would like to sell at least 5 of the rails to make it worth doing the programing..

I would like to sell at least 5 of the rails to make it worth doing the programing..
    I’ll grab one if four or more others are on board.
    Apologies for jumping ahead of things but I’d also like to grab an 8” version for my Mini TacOne if those were to happen after these got made.

Cutting the front down to 8" is no problem but would you leave the back of the rail the same?