Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Automags

MOTY3
    If you end up using a Classic valve set up there is no benefit to using higher pressure. If you use an RT / X type valve you will have a more reactive trigger with higher pressure, look up some youtube videos on the Automag RT and you will see what I am talking about. I have been watching this thread for a couple of days and there is a lot of good feedback. Just keep in mind that Automags in general are very versatile and most parts can be interchanged at will. Most people look at an Automag as the some of its various parts...Body,Rail,Trigger Frame,valve,Barrel etc. It is for this reason that most of us have multiple mags because if you have just a couple of these parts you have the start of a new and different Mag with the main part being the Valve. Automags are like rabbits and tend to multiply very quickly. If you are looking to have just one Mag and not get Mag fever so to speak I suggest looking at all the different options for the different parts needed to build one and piece it together to your liking. As stated above look at the picture thread or the Mag Of the Month (MOTM) thread to get an idea of all the different and awesome builds that have been done over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    If you end up using a Classic valve set up there is no benefit to using higher pressure. If you use an RT / X type valve you will have a more reactive trigger with higher pressure, look up some youtube videos on the Automag RT and you will see what I am talking about. I have been watching this thread for a couple of days and there is a lot of good feedback. Just keep in mind that Automags in general are very versatile and most parts can be interchanged at will. Most people look at an Automag as the some of its various parts...Body,Rail,Trigger Frame,valve,Barrel etc. It is for this reason that most of us have multiple mags because if you have just a couple of these parts you have the start of a new and different Mag with the main part being the Valve. Automags are like rabbits and tend to multiply very quickly. If you are looking to have just one Mag and not get Mag fever so to speak I suggest looking at all the different options for the different parts needed to build one and piece it together to your liking. As stated above look at the picture thread or the Mag Of the Month (MOTM) thread to get an idea of all the different and awesome builds that have been done over the years.
    Hey Flatliner. Howdy from another fellow Texan!! Thanks for the info. I've looked through the pictures and the MOTM threads. I just start drooling and it makes it harder to know what to want mine to be eventually. I keep telling myself to just go somewhat basic as to not spend much right now, especially my first EVER Automag. You had some mean looking customs in the MOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    I've looked through the pictures and the MOTM threads. I just start drooling and it makes it harder to know what to want mine to be eventually. I keep telling myself to just go somewhat basic as to not spend much right now, especially my first EVER Automag.
    I'm one of those guys that HATE spending entry level money, because I know if I love something I'm going all in anyway. It doesn't matter what it is, paintball, tools, cars, motorcycles, anything. It just makes the initial purchase a waste of money, that's why I suggested just buying an X Valve, any level of performance can be built around it because it is the heart of the marker. You can go mechanical, pump, pneu-mag or electro, it covers all bases.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm one of those guys that HATE spending entry level money, because I know if I love something I'm going all in anyway. It doesn't matter what it is, paintball, tools, cars, motorcycles, anything. It just makes the initial purchase a waste of money, that's why I suggested just buying an X Valve, any level of performance can be built around it because it is the heart of the marker. You can go mechanical, pump, pneu-mag or electro, it covers all bases.
    You're right. I do all my research and studying on thing I purchase and try to go for the best for the money. I should really consider building around the X Valve. Already has the better bolt and performance. Heck, looks pretty sweet being all black with a big X on it. My fear is that I would get a stock one and play with. Not soon after, I'd be looking at upgrades and other stuff, spending more money.

You're right. I do all my research and studying on thing I purchase and try to go for the best for the money. I should really consider building around the X Valve. Already has the better bolt and performance. Heck, looks pretty sweet being all black with a big X on it. My fear is that I would get a stock one and play with. Not soon after, I'd be looking at upgrades and other stuff, spending more money.
    I've loved Mags way back from when they were only available with the Stainless valves, then upgraded to the ReTro valve a soon as they came available, I did a factory trade in on my Classic valve for one. Even though I loved the setup I always felt it was missing something performance wise. Today all those years later the Mag is now performing at the level I wanted back in the tourny days. The modern Mag performs at a completely different level than the old days, enough to make you giggle like a little school girl. A recent quote from an old cocker guy I recently built a marker for.
    Last edited by luke; 08-29-2018 at 04:30 PM.

One thing to note is you can buy all the parts you want new or used and there's any number of guys around here that can assemble and tune it for you, members and shops alike. All you have to do is figure out what you want, 90% the members here can help you with your parts list, no one will leave you hanging with a pile of parts you cant put to work.

Lol, this is pretty much what happened to me. I personally loved my classic mag experience though. It made me appreciate the upgrades and that nostalgia of playing woodsball against a bunch of rt'ed out Tippmans and old Spyders is just a classic

Luke here is one of the guys that offers new parts on his site, and is constantly working on more and more new products to offer the public. Be sure to take a look at his stuff and browse his site (yes, Luke, I am plugging you) and you might be in luck since he has a new round of parts coming out now.

And while you're at it, check the dealer thread. There are a few guys that offer stuff in stock. AO User KnowNothingMags is another one that offers new products in the form of quite a few 3D printed products. This is a cheaper and lighter option that can affordably let you try different designs and colors. His designs hold up quite well with the type of 3D printing and the engineered supports in the design itself so you can rest easy knowing it will take a beating.

Let me say this though, tread carefully or you'll wind up wanting multiple mags. I have 2 rt valve mags, had them for over 15 yrs. Now I'm in the process of building 4 more....damned thing is I dont need them, but I want them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Don't forget about the Armory too >> https://www.automags.org/forums/foru...?51-The-Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    Let me say this though, tread carefully or you'll wind up wanting multiple mags. I have 2 rt valve mags, had them for over 15 yrs. Now I'm in the process of building 4 more....damned thing is I dont need them, but I want them.
    I lost count at 30 mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    I lost count at 30 mags

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    I lost count at 30 mags

See what I mean. I only just starting to get multiple. Than we got cats like Capt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    See what I mean. I only just starting to get multiple. Than we got cats like Capt.

i'm somewhere in the mid 20's with parts for several more.

Man, these guns must be something special for people to not have just one. :-)

Man, these guns must be something special for people to not have just one. :-)
    Best guns ever made.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Best guns ever made.
    Aside from this, its cause its so customizable. Its easier to have more than one rather than change out parts just for a different look. For example, look at inception designs. They make some nice looking autocockers, but impractical to own multiple at almost 1500 a pop. For that price you can have 3 custom mags, with different aesthetics to choose from whenever you go to you field. You might even luck out and score more than 3 mags if you look around to find some deals. But my point is for the money, you cannot get a better gun in my opinion.

That's great to know, Gundam!! I do have a question. I've seen the terms foamie and foamieless when describing the bolt. What exactly do those mean?

Foamieless bolts are bolts without the foamie on the tip. Foamie bolts have a piece of foam on the tip of the bolt. Its suppose to help by being gentle on paint. I never paid attention to whether or not the foamie did anything. But I can tell you the foamieless bolts work just fine.

MOTY3
    Hey Flatliner. Howdy from another fellow Texan!! Thanks for the info. I've looked through the pictures and the MOTM threads. I just start drooling and it makes it harder to know what to want mine to be eventually. I keep telling myself to just go somewhat basic as to not spend much right now, especially my first EVER Automag. You had some mean looking customs in the MOTM.
    What part of Texas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    What part of Texas ?
    Waco area.

Anyone use or have used a First Strike tank with their Automag?

Standard output Ninja.

With X Valve on Automag?

Yeah