Thread: Evo Unibody stainless steel cup insert?

Evo Unibody stainless steel cup insert?

Well I think I misplaced the stainless steel cup held into the EVO body since I don't see it looking down from the valve. Can anyone enlighten me and/or provide a picture of what I might be looking for? I'm wondering if its similar to the MM2K9 stainless steel cup?

No idea if its what you need but if its similar to the mm2k9 spring cup I do have those in stock.

Here’s what you’re looking for, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you awo72 and Luke, this makes me feel better. I have too much stuff as is and recognized that cup as belonging to my MM2K9 body. I remember when Forrest made those to fix the mushrooming in the bodies. My mind didn't even add it together that i could belong to the EVO unibody. I'm usually pretty good with keeping things together, but I'm having more senor moments than I use to.

Just as a follow up in case other run into the same conundrum. The stainless steel cup in the EVO unibody and the MM2K9 body is slightly different. The EVO body cup is slightly larger in diameter and larger in width than the MM2K9. If you try to install the MM2K9 cup into the EVO there will be a small amount of slop. The EVO cup will not fit into the MM2K9 body, it's too large in diameter. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures to post.

The movement shouldn't be a problem, the spring cups don't have to fit tight, it's only purpose is to keep the spring from eating up the body.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The movement shouldn't be a problem, the spring cups don't have to fit tight, it's only purpose is to keep the spring from eating up the body.
    Correct, but depending on the tolerances of the thru hole putting a mm2k9 cup into a evo could cause issues when the setscrew on the evo is tightened. It would push the cup up and out of concentricity with the body. Misaligning the holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Correct, but depending on the tolerances of the thru hole putting a mm2k9 cup into a evo could cause issues when the setscrew on the evo is tightened. It would push the cup up and out of concentricity with the body. Misaligning the holes.
    True, but, the bolt protrudes partly into the breach hole when you install the AGD valve so its self aligning, you really dont need the setscrew. The set screw really only holds the cup in for disassembly.

if you need a cup for an evo body i have one. i can sell you.

I appreciate the offer, but I found the one that belongs to it. The bag of goodies migrated to the back of the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but I found the one that belongs to it. The bag of goodies migrated to the back of the shelf.
    noice