Thread: Anyone using the new breed of mechs?

Anyone using the new breed of mechs?

I'm just curious how many of us use, or have at least tried, any of the newer generation of good mechanical guns? Namely the EnMy, Emek, Gmek, Shocker CVO, etc? Do you like them, or not? Have they supplanted your mags, or not a chance?

I picked up a Gmek back in October, and it's awesome. I believe in terms of every category except all out max bps, that I'd never actually use in-game anyways, it's superior to my favorite RT mags. However, I still don't like it as much as my mags, and there's no nostalgic attachment at all. I'm not even really sure how long I'll keep it. It's just not as cool to hold or use as a heavy ol' RT Classic, even though it is a fantastic marker.

I have had gmeks, emeks, shockers all come across my bench and I’m still going to shoot a mag or cocker. It doesn’t have same connection to the shot that classics do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the chance to shoot the emek and gmek, as far as efficiency goes, they beat the mag. But it's not something I'd be willing to replace my mags with just for that. If I came across one for dirt cheap, I would grab it. However, it would be relegated to loaner. To me personally, mags are the best paintball guns. Gmeks/emeks can't be customized the way mags can be. Having said that if I had to rank them, in terms of how much fun they are. 3rd is emeks/gmeks, 2nd goes to autocockers, 1st is any version of automags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tried the GMEK, just didn't really like the feel, the trigger just felt sloppy compared to my mag, and I couldn't shoot it near as fast. The ergonomics were nice, the engine was nice, but I couldn't get past the trigger. Some people love it, i just didn't. The mag felt like much more of an extension of me.

The CVO on the other hand....I fell in love with it. It's the first paintball gun that I could say I enjoyed more than my mag It took 16 years for a marker to finally supplant my mag, and the CVO was it. The trigger felt snappy, responsive, provided nice feedback, fires smoother, and had very easy maintenance. And despite the single trigger, I could fire it faster than my mag....the thing can rip. I also really liked the ergonomics. It was the first marker that I considered "perfect" for me. It felt like i was driving some sort of nice, high end Cadillac while my mag was an old school muscle car.

Sometimes, I just need the old school mag feel. The blade intelliframe/xvalve combo feels natural, comfortable, and seems to fire by mere thought alone. An automag will always be in my inventory and will always have a special place in my heart, but since I've bought the CVO, it's no longer my primary go to.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    I have had gmeks, emeks, shockers all come across my bench and I’m still going to shoot a mag or cocker. It doesn’t have same connection to the shot that classics do.

Word..

I have not owned or shot any of the new breed of mechanical markers out there. I see no need to change up a good thing...perfectly happy with my Automags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    I had the chance to shoot the emek and gmek, as far as efficiency goes, they beat the mag. But it's not something I'd be willing to replace my mags with just for that. If I came across one for dirt cheap, I would grab it. However, it would be relegated to loaner. To me personally, mags are the best paintball guns. Gmeks/emeks can't be customized the way mags can be. Having said that if I had to rank them, in terms of how much fun they are. 3rd is emeks/gmeks, 2nd goes to autocockers, 1st is any version of automags.
    Not true when it comes to the Emek, I customized mine by part swapping :

I like the Emek better than the Gmek, I like the trigger better, and its way lighter.

But I usually play a game or two with them and then use the electronic CS2 the rest of the day, unless there are a lot of rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Not true when it comes to the Emek, I customized mine by part swapping :

I like the Emek better than the Gmek, I like the trigger better, and its way lighter.

But I usually play a game or two with them and then use the electronic CS2 the rest of the day, unless there are a lot of rentals.

Maybe I'm blind but what parts were swapped? I'm not seeing it, I've only ever seen the black ones.

He swapped them from an Etha. The electro version of the emek.other than color swapping, adding a feedneck, barrel and on/off. Not kush else can be changed. People are making 3d printed bodies which I’m not a fan of.

Meh, personally I'll stick with my mags. If I ever get an emek, I'd relegate it loaner status....

Maybe I'm blind but what parts were swapped? I'm not seeing it, I've only ever seen the black ones.

Body feedneck barrel bolt grips asa.

Pretty much everything.

So a mech Etha. Still not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    So a mech Etha. Still not impressed.
    Made it to fit my liking, wasn't trying to impress.

Let me know when you see another like it.

Definitely fun to play with.

I started using a Gmek when they came out. I love everything about it with exception of the trigger. No matter how I adjust it I can never more than like it. The Gmek had for a time supplanted my mags. I even sold them to pay for other ventures. Fast forward to regret, and here I am building another mag because you simply cannot replace the design, reliability, , nostalgia, or feel of a mag. They are still amazing markers, and an all time favorite. I won't be caught without one in my bag again.

I shot the shocker one at the USXBL championship a couple of months back... I was actually super impressed. The trigger was snappy... the gun was light and pointed well...

The guy at the booth (at least 10 years younger than me) put his finger in the breach and pulled the trigger like I should be impressed...

I gave him the people's eyebrow... and was like "bro... you know we've been doing that with mags since the early 2000s right?" LOLOLOL.

I did ask about a double trigger... and he said there were no plans because the point of mech was to slow things down and they didn't want an arms race.

But I was super impressed.

Probably going to sell some guns to pick one up.

I have a hard time shooting brittle paint through my mags in the winter here... having 1 would allow me to shoot mech in the winter.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    I shot the shocker one at the USXBL championship a couple of months back... I was actually super impressed. The trigger was snappy... the gun was light and pointed well...

The guy at the booth (at least 10 years younger than me) put his finger in the breach and pulled the trigger like I should be impressed...

I gave him the people's eyebrow... and was like "bro... you know we've been doing that with mags since the early 2000s right?" LOLOLOL.

I did ask about a double trigger... and he said there were no plans because the point of mech was to slow things down and they didn't want an arms race.

But I was super impressed.

Probably going to sell some guns to pick one up.

I have a hard time shooting brittle paint through my mags in the winter here... having 1 would allow me to shoot mech in the winter.

M
    If you have a lvl 10 on your mag, wouldn't getting a different bolt spring fix your brittle paint issue?

Yeah... got LX in 2 xvalve setups... both tuned with the red springs... and sometimes they are still blenders...

It is so bad I usually use a carbon fiber barrel so i can play through breaks... or just switch to my space gun...

And it typically isn't breaks in the breach... they break in the barrel...

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    Yeah... got LX in 2 xvalve setups... both tuned with the red springs... and sometimes they are still blenders...

It is so bad I usually use a carbon fiber barrel so i can play through breaks... or just switch to my space gun...

And it typically isn't breaks in the breach... they break in the barrel...

M
    If it breaks in the barrel, isn't that more a sizing issue? Do you still have breaks with a barrel with a larger bore?

If it breaks in the barrel, isn't that more a sizing issue? Do you still have breaks with a barrel with a larger bore?

Still happens even with old massively bored barrels (think .689 ish)...

Most of the paint at my local fields is super small... .679 or maybe .682 (usually .679)... and I still get it with .684 and larger (it being barrel breaks).

I have absolutely zero desire to shoot anything other than my mags. I did try my buddies M3S spacegun and felt a little dirty because I liked it, but its still not a mag.

I bought an Emek to use as a loaner, and I really love it for that. I mean, I'm still gonna shoot a mag, and if a friend asks me what to buy, I'm gonna encourage him to buy a mag, but I still think Emeks make better loaners. I have a Level 10 classic that I used to use, and it is certainly fool-proof and reliable, but it's also heavy and inefficient. And the twist-lock barrel confuses the heck out of new players. I've had friends half-twist the barrel out of curiosity plenty of times and then not be able to shoot the next game because the balls aren't feeding.

Contrast that with an Emek, which is lighter, easier to use, and more ergonomic. Every time I give a new player the choice between my Emek and Level 10 classic to play with, they choose the Emek. So I'm keeping it. I might even sell the classic and get another.

Paintball is fun.

Mags are fun.

Having shot the Gmek and Emek in back to back games several times, I personally prefer the Emek.

However having said that the Gmek is a fantastic marker too.

Gmeks/emeks can't be customized the way mags can be.
    OHRLY ????

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...29&oe=5FE36791

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    Dude, this is two years old.