Thread: Extended Automag Rails

Extended Automag Rails

Hey guys,

Got an old auto response in the mail friday... took it out yesterday... and IT IS SICK

Sooo... want to start a new build... but I need the old school rail with the pill shaped pin that serves as a fulcrum for the sear.

I have big hands... so an extended one would be perfect.

Anyone got one?

Show me what you got!

Armando

A. Have you thought about a KAPP or Luke foregrip extender for an AM/MM rail?

B. You could always ask Luke to customize one of his RTP-length rails for you by chamfering the bottom for winged frames. He's modded a few rails for me (like his TacOne rail chamfered in the front for a pump kit but the rest of the rail flat). It's custom so expect a premium. Luke gets it done quick though.

C. See if Luke will modify and chamfer an existing RTP rail?

D. Or you could have the wings milled off the AutoResponse frame. The purist in me disapproves of this method but it it has been done before - even to AutoResponses.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Depending on how custom you're wanting to go, you can also just buy any one of Luke's ~9" rails (RT length). His new rails use an RT sear, but have the pin seated in the rail and held with set screws. It works really well and allows plenty of room for interesting designs/milling on the sides.

Hey guys,

The issue isn't the problem with the wings on the rail or the grip... and the lack of compatibility betw RT pro and Class components... at least not yet.

Where I was running into a problem is the auto response has the old AM MM style sear pin (the pill shaped one that sits in the rail)... so i was thinking I needed an AM MM rail to accommodate that.

Exchanged some emails with Luke yesterday... a couple of ideas that came from that exchange (check my thinking please):

1. Take the linkage off the old style sear and connect it to an RT Pro type sear.
    -This would necessitate making the auto response frame flat (getting it milled flat).

2. Fabricating a new linkage and trigger maybe that fits the new RT Pro rail style pin.
    -Again... I'd have to do something to the auto response frame to make it fit

I do have an old MM AM rail lying around somewhere... and I do have a KAPP fore grip extender... but if anyone has anything special they'd be willing to part with LMK (I'd prefer an extended and somewhat different looking rail over this method).

Thanks.

Armando

Armando

I had Luke pump mill a chamfered RTP-length Armada rail which takes an AM/MM sear I'd let go of since I picked up one of his Tac rails for that particular build. Let me know.

You could swap the trigger linkage onto another sear but the ProLine sear was unique. Notice the nickel-circumference cutout in front of the sear? Not sure how important that difference is to it's overall operation but could be replicated easily enough. Makes me wonder now if the steel was different also.

Just lay a new RTP or AM sear over the AR sear, line up the top profile of the the two sears a see what the difference is. The only thing I can see that could possibly be different is the sear leg itself because changing the 'working' geometry of the sear would screw up valve timing. At the very least stop over thinking it and just test it on the RTP platform, either it works or it doesn't.

PM sent.

I've got a few modded extended AM/MM rails. They aren't as nice as anything that Luke can make you, but they're certainly unique. If you're still looking, send me a PM.