Thread: Brake line hose

Brake line hose

I want to say I've seen people use what looks like steel/brake line in macroline fittings before. Since macroline is 1/4od and lots of steel line is 1/4od would it work? I know half the function of the fittings is for the teeth to grab the plastic hose and hold it in place. I'm assuming this means it wouldn't hold steel line in.

It would with compression fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a fella on mcb a while back that was selling 1/4”od stainless tubing custom cut for other markers but also did them for mags. He mentioned the tubing needed to be flared with a special tool on the ends and that the fittings had to essentially be pointed at each other(relatively straight runs) or the fittings could spit the tubing out. The stainless tubing and tool arent hard to find.

Mcmaster Carr has 1/4' 3000psi rated steel line that plugs right into a macro fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousMAG View Post
    There was a fella on mcb a while back that was selling 1/4”od stainless tubing custom cut for other markers but also did them for mags. He mentioned the tubing needed to be flared with a special tool on the ends and that the fittings had to essentially be pointed at each other(relatively straight runs) or the fittings could spit the tubing out. The stainless tubing and tool arent hard to find.
    are you talking about MAGGOT?

there are some people that can sell you everything you need, MAGGOT on MCB was selling kits.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    are you talking about MAGGOT?
    Legolas