Thread: Karta Body and Rail

Lightbulb Karta Body and Rail

Now that Walking Stick has scratched his itch, it's time I put my hat back in the ring. WANT TO BUY a Karta body and rail or full marker. Any color.

Last year I got back into paintball after a ten year hiatus, and I've slowly been rebuilding the collection. My most prized paintball marker back in the day was my gloss black Karta Emag, pictured below. As a broke college kid, I sold it, and now that I'm back, I'm really missing my old Karta.

Haven't had any luck hunting for a Karta the past year on my own, so I'm hoping the AO community can keep an eye out.

Thanks all for your help.

Last edited by Xyxyll; 02-26-2019 at 04:48 PM.

1 - Be ready to beat Jake to them as he's after his tenth! You gotta setup keyword Google alerts or something on the relevant locations.

2 - They do pop up as a complete E-Mag with fancy matching ano job but be prepared for the $1000- 1400 price tag!

Good luck!
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

I appreciate the advice. Congrats on the karta body!

Yeah, odds are if I don't see a karta within 10 min of its posting, it'll be gone. It's tough in this world of no availability. I wonder where they all are.

3 times as many Kartas were produced than Dallaras... yet i've only ever come across one Karta in my collection, and probably 7 or 8 different Dallaras have been through my hands. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    3 times as many Kartas were produced than Dallaras or Chords
    That always dumbfounded me too!

Kartas move super fast.... They really should consider another run of them ....

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKaz View Post
    Kartas move super fast.... They really should consider another run of them ....
    Everyone who owns multiple just cringed. Their wall hangers would drop in value

Haha yes but I'd like to build and use one!!!!!

Haha yes but I'd like to build and use one!!!!!
    Gonna have to wait for the estate sale when the old timers kick the bucket lol jk

Haha jk.... But not really......

Quote Originally Posted by kfletch View Post
    Gonna have to wait for the estate sale when the old timers kick the bucket lol jk
    for the record im 28. good luck on that one. The wife knows what they are worth too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    for the record im 28. good luck on that one. The wife knows what they are worth too. lol
    To be clear, i think they were referring to the guys who originally bought them all those years ago that have just been holding on to them... Not young hoarders like yourself

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    To be clear, i think they were referring to the guys who originally bought them all those years ago that have just been holding on to them... Not young hoarders like yourself
    I mean, I've got a few years on superman, but I'm pretty healthy. I can wait it out if need be.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

I'd just like to have one..... Haha. Deadly Wind would make a killing if they did another run of them and charged like $300 or $400.....

I'd just like to have one..... Haha. Deadly Wind would make a killing if they did another run of them and charged like $300 or $400.....
    I wouldnt even bother trying to run them for that price. There is a lot of machine time in those bodies and then polishing afterwords to get them to look right. Look at the xmt evo bodies. those sold for like 350? raw unpolished and didn't have the detail or finish work these would need. It wouldn't be worth their time.

I wouldnt even bother trying to run them for that price. There is a lot of machine time in those bodies and then polishing afterwords to get them to look right. Look at the xmt evo bodies. those sold for like 350? raw unpolished and didn't have the detail or finish work these would need. It wouldn't be worth their time.
    If the machining was set up right, you wouldnt need to polish afterwards. #JustSayin

I'd rather see something new personally. Let the classics be and make a run of new stuff.

Gosh Kartas sure a thing of beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They already have the program to run them.... Nummech runs just as complicated if not more complicated axe bodies and sells for that price...... The raw material isn't that expensive.

Actually now that I think about it, maybe Nummech will come out with a mag body soon... I know he has his own mag fire body... That would be cool.

nummech is a different company. Its on his list of never ending things to do. I have actually held the fire body mag its cool.

If im not mistaken most of the deadlywind bodies were made from agd slug bodies. Making the blanks and then machining the bodies is not a simple task of just load raw material into a machine and see what comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
    Gosh Kartas sure a thing of beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That they are. My mouth waters every time I see one. Willing to take an offer?

nummech is a different company. Its on his list of never ending things to do. I have actually held the fire body mag its cool.

If im not mistaken most of the deadlywind bodies were made from agd slug bodies. Making the blanks and then machining the bodies is not a simple task of just load raw material into a machine and see what comes out.
    Fair points. I'm going to necro the firemag post ... See if we can't get some more hype going for it!

Toward the end of things DW doubled (or nearly doubled) the prices on milling bodies. So they were more in the 600-800 range. At the time that was HUGE money for the bodies. Now not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

So what is fair asking price on a Karta w/ matching milled E-Mag rail these days?

I guess 'whole gun' is the only way to get one though... $1500?

"Fair" is kinda subjective but...
    450-600 body
    600-750 body & rail
    750-1000 complete marker
    1000-1250 "fancy" complete marker (full matching ano pattern, Tuna X valve, X-Mod + TunaBlade + CnC pack + charger)

The main goal is you have beat, both in time and money, a certain individual who has instant alarms to sniff out anything "Karta" though.

I have a dust black-to-red fade mid-holes Karta rail that was notched for eyes if anyone would be interested for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    "Fair" is kinda subjective but...
    450-600 body
    600-750 body & rail
    750-1000 complete marker
    1000-1250 "fancy" complete marker (full matching ano pattern, Tuna X valve, X-Mod + TunaBlade + CnC pack + charger)

The main goal is you have beat, both in time and money, a certain individual who has instant alarms to sniff out anything "Karta" though.

I have a dust black-to-red fade mid-holes Karta rail that was notched for eyes if anyone would be interested for $100.
    Keep in mind this is the guy who waited a year plus for his Karta too :P
    If you want it now... you might have to pay a premium. If you are willing to wait possibly forever... go with those rates.

Serious buyers of a Karta would be smart to lead with near their max they are willing to pay as their first offer. Sometimes you lose your chance to bargain on that first pass, so you gotta make it count.

Free bump for ya here.

Much like Xyxyll, I too once had a beautiful Karta Emag that I sold during my college years fund life. I never would have thought they would discontinue producing them so quickly and now become so hard to find.

This was my old Karta Emag that I built from scratch nearly 15 years ago. Name:  full-1_zpsojgpwpw0.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  168.5 KB

It's hard for me to imagine but shortly after I sold it the new owner parted pieces of it out. The hardest part back then was sourcing a CnC pack. Here's to hoping we can one day have a chance to own such beautiful mags.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    Free bump for ya here.

Much like Xyxyll, I too once had a beautiful Karta Emag that I sold during my college years fund life. I never would have thought they would discontinue producing them so quickly and now become so hard to find.

This was my old Karta Emag that I built from scratch nearly 15 years ago. Name:  full-1_zpsojgpwpw0.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  168.5 KB

It's hard for me to imagine but shortly after I sold it the new owner parted pieces of it out. The hardest part back then was sourcing a CnC pack. Here's to hoping we can one day have a chance to own such beautiful mags.
    In Memoriam

I now know my former Karta went from Oregon to Hawaii. From there who knows.