Thread: My "Pneu" Project

My "Pneu" Project

Well,
    I have a number of projects started, but this is the newest. I missed the whole Pneumag craze when it was new, but really like the idea and wanted one in the pile. I had assembled some parts, but got a good deal on a complete mag. Picked up one of Luke's last LPR foregrips and here it sits. Now I need to decide between dust and gloss black for the LPR foregrip. As you may notice in the picture the black parts currently alternate between gloss and dust. This is mostly by accident. The rail is from another mag that a select few might recognize. I do have another Intelliframe that is gloss. Should I keep the alternating pattern or go all gloss? While I don't mind the grips, they will be replaced with a set of Luke's aluminum panels. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I prefer dust, but gloss on the LPR with a gloss intelli would probably look better in the end.
    Also, instead of a set of Luke's panels, why not do wrap-around grips with finger grooves to keep the look from the LPR?

Well, it has been awhile, but figured I should post the "finished" product. I like how it turned out, now if I can only find the time to use it.

Name:  PeuMag - Copy.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  130.1 KB

I like the dust colour, and I see that you went with the EZ-ASA(my personal favorite) but why keep the old stranger feedneck? An ID feedneck is a huge upgrade over that. Don't worry, the threading does work. You can always email ID about those concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I like the dust colour, and I see that you went with the EZ-ASA(my personal favorite) but why keep the old stranger feedneck? An ID feedneck is a huge upgrade over that. Don't worry, the threading does work. You can always email ID about those concerns.
    Thanks. Lots of shades going on. Grip frame is what I would consider a matte finish, as is the barrel. LPR, rail and ASA are dust. Strangler, and center section of body are gloss. While I do have a soft spot for the Strangler, you are right. I did pickup an ID FLE for another build and it is very nice. I will likely pick another up, but pretty sure they were out of dust when I got my other one. Not sure which would look better on this. Gloss or black?

Quote Originally Posted by SwinGenX View Post
    Thanks. Lots of shades going on. Grip frame is what I would consider a matte finish, as is the barrel. LPR, rail and ASA are dust. Strangler, and center section of body are gloss. While I do have a soft spot for the Strangler, you are right. I did pickup an ID FLE for another build and it is very nice. I will likely pick another up, but pretty sure they were out of dust when I got my other one. Not sure which would look better on this. Gloss or black?
    I have new dust and gloss ID feednecks on the website and some angel threaded adapters on the way. https://beardedworks.com/products/in...e-feedneck-raw

Quote Originally Posted by SwinGenX View Post
    I missed that, the matte, then dust, then gloss. It's your gun, so go with what you want. I like the differing shades of finish. So I would continue with a gloss feedneck replacement. One good thing is that the parts out of stock are annoying, but it also means they are popular. And in today's paintball, popular generally means they are also good.

With that, I would dub this gun the Shadow pneu-mag. Cause shadows always never just one shade.