Thread: Reg valve pin assembly broke

Reg valve pin assembly broke

Hello,

I left Sandman a message about this so he can ignore that and get back to me here if he likes as I missed the posting about tech questions going here instead of calling.

Any who, I went through and replaced all the o-rings using a kit from the store and it seems my original valve pin had a manufacturing defect on the end where the little black retainer goes and thus the pin popped out without this part attached and the o-rings were stuck inside. Looking at the pin, there was a piece of metal burr that covered the slot where the black retainer would go so I'm inclined to think it was never there and just happened to work fine all this time until I disturbed it to replace these o-rings, but it is also possible it indeed was there and now may be lurking where the bolt goes.

I already gassed it up once with the bolt in and it leaked pretty badly at that spot since I removed the burr and was also unaware that the black retainer was supposed to be there so I suppose that could have launched the retainer into the bolt area, but looking with a flashlight, it looks clean from both ends. I also don't think I saw it sitting on top of the ULT assembly so I can double check that, but assuming that is also clean, should I remove the bolt and gas it up in the hopes to "blow out" that piece just to make sure or would that be a bad idea?

Besides ordering a new pin assembly, any thoughts on what I should do next or not worry since it looks clean?

Thanks!

Do you have all the parts except the c clip for the end? There is the pin, 5 sets of washers, brass washer, 2 orings, plastic split washer and the split ring. These can be put right back together is 5 seconds. The clip probably went out the powertube already. We have those.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

ah, sounds like its not a huge deal then so that is good. I thought I was safe but I also had visions of using it then that clip magically appearing to wreak my bolt stem so I started to get worried.

It did fly apart and I believe all the pieces are there, but I already ordered one from the store as the groove where that clip should be was a little messed up and uneven on 1 side so I don't think it could even hold the clip if I was sent another one.

We were playing phone tag! It does happen periodically that the clip comes off. Depends on a bunch of factors. They do primarily stay together though and can be tricky to get the new c-clip back on. I see you ordered a new assembly. That is the definitive method to get it back together. Keep your old pin and parts. It can be rebuilt with a new c-clip. I can't say they wear out too often. Some have been working in guns for 15 years. I would recommend replacing the two orings at least once every five years...
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com