Thread: Living Legends May 17th-19th

Living Legends May 17th-19th

Anyone planning to make it to Living Legends this weekend?

I won't be able to play that event, but a shop owner I know told me to check it out on Sunday cause there would be some cool stuff to check out. So, I'll be swinging by there on Sunday to see what the hubbub is on the last day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’m not able to make it this year. If anyone goes make sure to snap a few pics for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I’m not able to make it this year. If anyone goes make sure to snap a few pics for us.
    Will do. I know Andy and i both are going, not sure who else from the mag world.

No can do this year. Maybe next!

Yea i'm out this year, too. Schedule just didn't work.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

I think Colin@deadlywind will be there hanging with Simon.

Have fun everyone!

Is it back at Hell's Survivor again? I really wonder how the game is there compared to CPX. I don't remeber Hell's Survivors having that much space for the dealer's area, but its been 15 years since the last time i was there

I think Colin@deadlywind will be there hanging with Simon.

Have fun everyone!
    He was. Here is a pic of him looking at my dallara.

and a pic of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Is it back at Hell's Survivor again? I really wonder how the game is there compared to CPX. I don't remeber Hell's Survivors having that much space for the dealer's area, but its been 15 years since the last time i was there
    No it got moved back to Chicago, Legacy or something.

Hell's got reorganized a while back, sort of compressed north. Masters field is now campground, main village got moved north over the creek/hill, old village area is now a HUGE vendor/staging area.

Legacy Adventure Park is about 45 mins to an hour south of Chicago

https://www.legacyadventurepark.com/

Awesome. Did he show you the internals of his Dallara? Btw, how did the game go?

Awesome. Did he show you the internals of his Dallara? Btw, how did the game go?
    He did not, he did mention his lpr is essentially an palmers lpr. I did ask him about it a bit, but nothing specific to the design. Mostly related to behind the scenes stuff. Nothing that hasn't come to light already.

The game itself was ehh.

I had much more fun actually playing Bones and Ashes and Dreadded Legends.

I played for red. I wish i had swapped, but the 2 guys i was with didn't want to swap to play with pbnation mod squad/simon/Colin/Andy. I was obligated though since i was staying with them.

Friday(Mech/pump play):
    took forever to get everyone organized, no chrono setup, refs thought everyone wanted to play separaetly (magfed vs magfed, pump vs pump, mech vs mech). we got a point where everyone was agitated we all joined and split into red and blue. evened the numbers up and went and played some games on each field. This was probably the most fun of the entire event play wise. games were realatively quick and switched sides on each field and played 3 different fields.

Saturday:
    chronos setup early and then taken down. absolutely no reason a chrono should be taken down prior to the start of a game. There had to be 30 people standing in the chrono passing a pocket chrono around.

start of game, no one really walked the field or mapped out the fastest route to get to where we needed to be to actually shoot people. We started on the swamp side and ended up meandering around until we saw people. Instead of taking a semi hidden trail that lead to the back side of a huge hill where everyone was at.

few hours in huge rain storm comes and pours for over an hour. majority of the people were done at this point. I got to huddle up in a small 10 man tent with a few guys that knew me from FB. I got some time to talk to Buddy Baur (Freeflow) about his markers and different things he does etc. I did also get to shoot some paint through the Caliber prototype. Its really nice. Rain finally stopped and we packed up and left. The field was already soaked from raining the night before. It was only going to get worse. We later found out it continued to rain/lightening pushing the game back some.

We ate, showered and came back to the field to see what the player party was like.... there was a DJ and no one else. It was like a ghost town.

Sunday:

Everyone was ready to go early, tons of paint to shoot because most people left early yesterday. We now had to hike forever and 2 days to chrono/spawn, ( you guessed it no chrono in the actual chrono near the staging area).

We had a pretty solid start, since we knew the swamp would slow them down. as the play continued it seemed like we were just being out played. There was little communication to command compared to other games i have played. We kept getting pushed back further and further. Then someone falls and dislocates a knee. They have to bring an ambulance in and basically reset the game. So both sides go back to starting bases and start.

They stop to prep for the final battle. This to me seemed a bit crazy, people really couldn't see what they were shooting at because of all the smoke. I think some more terrain change on the field would have made it more interesting. I ended up using Frank Silva (KOA) as a bunker as he had a scuba tank and one of the back pack loaders that holds who knows how many cases of paint. He shot it all.

my flight was supposed to be at 10PM sunday and land at 1am in charleston. It got cancelled about noon on sunday and my wife had to book me a hotel and then had to deal with the rental car and the logistic nightmare that followed. I made it home monday at 3pm after flying to Dallas first.

In summary:
    I had way more fun playing the smaller games. It was way cheaper, while i didn't get to meet as many cool people. It seems like a better bang for the buck for me personally.

A group of us played on blue and I somewhat agree. We all enjoyed the Friday games. We were there pretty early in the day and were able to walk the field so we knew how cruddy the swamp side would have it. For all the effort they put into the concept fields they could easily have put in some tubes and rock paths to cross the stream instead of those sketchy pallets.

There were actually two injuries. One of our guys dislocated his knee but he was already off the field just before someone actually broke their leg which required the ambulance.