Thread: Cutting the Stovepipe

Cutting the Stovepipe

Hello all. I'm working on a centerfeed project with an RT Pro stovepipe body. I'm wanting to significantly lower the hopper using a Geo feedneck.
    My question is around where I should cut the stovepipe.

I can cut it higher, above the vent hole, which will leave a little more rigidity in the feedneck (top arrow).
    OR
    I can cut it right through the hole, which will provide a "no rise" lowest possible hopper position.

Which do you think is the most appropriate place to cut? I know we're talking about a quarter inch of difference. Should I cut above the hole or right through it?

Name:  IMG_2409.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  74.4 KB

Well I'm impatient so I just "sent it" and cut through the hole. Still have some filing and cleanup to do but it looks great and will look even better after I re-polish the body.

Name:  IMG_2410.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  76.7 KB

Smh

Looks good!
    You can weld up the hole if it bugs you, just go easy with the heat

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Smh
    why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by meltman View Post
    why the hate?
    Bad attitudes of a few have been running people off for decades now, kind of looks like the goal is to shut it down completely.

I mean yeah, it hurts a little to cut a stovepipe but I'm trying to make a "modern" mag.

All filed down, looks rad compared to a stock powerfeed body. Now to pick up a decent autococker threaded barrel for the Doc adapter...

Name:  IMG_2413.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  37.2 KB

Dont feel bad and make no apologies, do what makes you happy and move on with life.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by meltman View Post
    why the hate?
    It's not hate , it's sadness ,, sorta like putin a 6cyl in a Big block Chevelle chassis
    You took a hard to find part & devalued it by 2/3's
    IMO

It's not hate , it's sadness ,, sorta like putin a 6cyl in a Big block Chevelle chassis
    IMO
    A part only has a price that people are willing to pay. Getting more use and making it usable makes it infinitely more valuable. Besides, it only makes the uncut stovepipes "more" valuable...

Not ever looking to sell it. I don't care about devaluing the part. It's now 100% more in line with a what I want and has an actually useful feed clamp on the neck. You're welcome to keep yours a stovepipe if you get one and play the game of wrapping a hopper with tape to make it actually fit snug.

My body my choice

IMO
    I remember these bodies selling for $25. No one wanted them because of the stove pipe. Ive cut down at least a dozen for customers over the years. They are unusable stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I remember these bodies selling for $25. No one wanted them because of the stove pipe. Ive cut down at least a dozen for customers over the years. They are unusable stock.
    I have some here too some high, some mid...some low. Anyone interested?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Here's where we ended up for those interested. Looks pretty hot.

Name:  IMG_2451.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  54.8 KB

As a followup - this cut height worked great. Played on Saturday. No feed issues. Didn't chop or break a single ball in a full case! Cant be mad at that!

Don’t need a stovepipe body as I too have cut them, but I could use some classic valve spring packs!

IMO
    The guy who makes counterfeit DW bodies doesn't understand your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    The guy who makes counterfeit DW bodies doesn't understand your reasoning.
    The low IQ reasoning is lost on Nobody.

It's quite clear speaking out of turn is your forte, it speaks volumes of the man you are and where you come up short. I'm ecstatic with the fact you're so offended with everything I do, and knowing this brings great joy to my heart. It's almost like I planned it or something.