Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shatnerball Roster II

you think we could get a bulk discount on gernades? I'll check with my buddy that runs a store, he might be able to hook us up.
    But as of right now I hadn't planned on bringing anything other than me and my mass of markers. Which will hopefully include dual sidearms (no not sydarms). I've got a PT extreme comming in today and might pic up a squall for kicks.

2 of my friends and I are signed up now... I put Automags Online for our team name on the signup sheet, should we e-mail as well?
    I'm probably driving out Wednesday or Thursday to play the free days, my friends will meet me later. We are all experienced scenario players (have played several Dollack games at Hell Survivors) but we don't go in much for launchers or mines... and we haven't carried hand grenades since they stopped making the M69. But we have radios and are used to being out in the field for several hours at a time.
    Any other Detroit area people, when are you leaving? Maybe we can convoy or something.

mantis, what radios do you recommend for this?

I use a Cobra Microtalk. My friend got Motorolas, and while they are nice, I think they are overpriced for the features he got. Mine has a digital screen, it's very easy to change channels/sub-channels.
    I would look for something more than what you see in a drugstore nowadays- they're selling those cheapo FRS radios everywhere. Find one that has more than 0.5 watt transmission power, you will need it to get a clear transmission through a lot of forest.
    Also, I think to be effective you need to have a headset that fits comfortably under your mask, which is push-button NOT VOX activated. VOX seems like a good idea, until you realize that breathing heavily and the sound of your marker firing turns it on, which can get annoying.
    One other good feature is the ability to turn off the sirens and bells and such. Some radios have a "private call" feature which makes a REALLY loud ring in your ear on certain models.

You can put a friend of mine on the roster. I'm not sure if he has joined AO yet because his computer is down but he is a new Mag owner and signed up a couple of weeks back while at CPX. His name is Don but everyone calls him Ratt.
    Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

Accuracy by Skill!!
    Intimidation by Volume!!!

Proud member of The Militia

Proud member of Team Tactical Markers

My Feed BAck

Angry We need more assimilations!

Folks, according to JJ at SPPLAT, the Borg team is under-manned! We need players and we need them now! Just 15 more people are needed to create the elite AO Sqaud! Think about it - 50 experienced, Mag toting AOers against 2000 trekkies wannabes! Sounds like a fair fight to me!

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

yes that does sound fair to me.....

i just read the transcript for the pbc chat with JJ... said most of the people signed up were us from here and trekkies.... this is goona be fun =)

seems like all we will have to worry about are the generals under manwusscow and shatner....

all i know depending on how my back is doing on those dayz(slipped disk) i'll either be up for the long rampages into the emeny lines or hangin back protecting out leader.... but i'll be bring some piankillers so i should be up for the real fun =)
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

does anybody know if tom is going to throw any cool AO parties wed/thurs/fri. Since there will be so many of us there, maybe we can con him into a factory tour.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

We should get as many of us AO players there on Friday at least (and earlier for those who can make it) for recon of the field and unit practice. Being able to warm up and walk the fields together will allow those of us familiar with the CPX layout to highlight geography for our out of town team mates making us more effective on missions. It might also help for squad leaders to arrive for practice with us if they are known ahead of time. That way we can tie up details such as organized use of FRS radios for the team, importance of grenades, think about special squads for folks with ghillie suits etc...

It's going to be a hoot!
    A good friend is one that will come and bail you out of jail.
    A great friend is one that is sitting next to you in jail saying "Man that was F#%*ing Awesome"!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in... finally verified that I can make it. Coming up with KayleAGD. Finally get to dust off that ghillie suit

J_

I have nothing usefull to add. Just wanted to bump and say that I can't wait, this is going to be a blast.

i am going to be regestering tommorrow, not shure which one of my names to register under, got a different handle for each message board i am on.

i live in the chicago area.... can you say party at my house (due to some physical deformity, i am unable to speak thoes words, so i guess that is not an option ).
    wouldn't mind hanging out or something though before hand.

Be sure to put "AO" in team name

Make sure you put "AO" or "Automags.org" in the "Team Name" blank. This will put you in the "AO Platoon". Just a heads up, ya'll may want to get there plenty early on Friday so you can have your jersey's customized by Wicked Mpulse. Maybe put "AO Platoon" or "X of Y" on the backs of your jerseys?
    J.J. Brookshire
    Director of Business Development
    National Paintball Supply, Inc.

Oh, that's nice if they can be customized. When is the earliest we can register in?

What do you guys think? "Screen Names" or "Automags Online"

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

"Screen names" would be nice...

Sign In as early as Wednesday!

You might consider screen name along the back of the shoulders and "AO" where the Number goes

Re: Sign In as early as Wednesday!

Originally posted by JJBrookshire
    You might consider screen name along the back of the shoulders and "AO" where the Number goes
    Sounds good to me. Everyone? Opinions? Should cut down on the "Hey, you with the head, get down!" yells.

AO Platoon

It also shows that you are all part of the "AO Platoon"...Keep up the recruiting drive and you may have an "AO Company"!

no one is going to be able to pronounce mine, I have a feeling I'm going to be called "cape-oh" a lot.

Yea, I'd just go with Cap-O. Or throw the whole think on there and watch people call you Cap-O anyway.

Yea, I'd just go with Cap-O. Or throw the whole think on there and watch people call you Cap-O anyway.
    yeah that's what I know will happen .. could I use a different name ?

How about "Cap the Core Member"?

How about "Cap the Core Member"?
    hehe, only if you use, "Load the other core member"...

But I'm not. It's well established that you are. I'd just go with Cap-O. You could put Crow T. Robot and we'd all call you Cap-O. Don't fight it. Give in.

nooo...if anything I'd go with Tom Servo. Capo huh...what about Hello Kitty? fine..I'll just use my whole AO name.

Re: Be sure to put "AO" in team name

Originally posted by JJBrookshire
    Make sure you put "AO" or "Automags.org" in the "Team Name" blank. This will put you in the "AO Platoon". Just a heads up, ya'll may want to get there plenty early on Friday so you can have your jersey's customized by Wicked Mpulse. Maybe put "AO Platoon" or "X of Y" on the backs of your jerseys?
    JJ - Fred and I have already licensed the right to refer to ourselves as x of 2! Don't give anyone else our idea!!!

~Fred

Talking Paintball 2Xtremes is Coming...With His Automag!

Hey guys, Josh Silverman from Paintaball 2Xtremes here! Not only will I be covering the Shatner game, but I will also be playing for the Borg with my Automag. Count me in for any plans you have and add me to the roster.
    Josh

hello kitty..

Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
    nooo...if anything I'd go with Tom Servo. Capo huh...what about Hello Kitty? fine..I'll just use my whole AO name.

I really dont think I could take a game seriously, If I had to ask somone named "HelloKitty" to cover me... I dunno it just somehow ruins the "wargame" feel of a scenario... Besides you cant use it unless your using the hellokitty mag

This has been my second random thought of this thread....
    "Nothing is more beutiful than a warrior with no distractions".

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

Re: Paintball 2Xtremes is Coming...With His Automag!

Originally posted by Josh2Xtremes
    Hey guys, Josh Silverman from Paintaball 2Xtremes here! Not only will I be covering the Shatner game, but I will also be playing for the Borg with my Automag. Count me in for any plans you have and add me to the roster.
    Josh
    Jew! What's up man? Thordic and I played with you at the Replicant Run - Wayne Dollack game! Alright, we got some press coverage now! hee hee

~Fred

really dont think I could take a game seriously, If I had to ask somone named "HelloKitty" to cover me... I dunno it just somehow ruins the "wargame" feel of a scenario... Besides you cant use it unless your using the hellokitty mag
    *sigh* it was a joke!