Thread: 2 Different HALO B boards?

2 Different HALO B boards?

Ok, I have a HALO B I just got a couple weeks ago and one I've had for a while.

The "new" one, if you stick your finger up the feed tube and wave it around a bit, the motor spins right away. As soon as you stop waving your finger, it stops. Pull your finger out, it'll keep spinning until you block the sensors again.

The old one, I thought was the same way, but after cleaning and reassembling it, now wiggling my finger has no effect at all. If I remove my finger entirely, a full second later the motor will start spinning, and will continue to do so until I block the sensors again. If I just remove the finger and put it back in before the motor starts spinning, it'll spin a second later anyway, but stop after one "pulse".

The kicker is I'm pretty sure they both behaved exactly the same before, and remember Tex demonstrating so on the older HALO (which I had converted from an A) at the world cup by doing the finger wiggling trick on it.

So I'm inclined to think that the HALO is no longer working as it used to - but calling Odysses on tech support the guy said it worked exactly as it should. Not sure if I miscommunicated or what, but it seems to me that if the HALO only activates when I completely clear the feed tube that it will only operate when there's no paint in the feed tube either - and at that point it's just acting like any other ol' gravity feed hopper.

So, for all you HALO folks out there, anyone have a HALO that operates like my second one?

Thanks,
    Chris
    National Collegiate Paintball Association, Inc., President
    www.college-paintball.com - "A Club for Every Campus"
    www.high-school-paintball.com - "We Create Newbies"

American Paintball Players Association, Director
    www.paintball-players.org

Yeah, I think it's broken...

I just ran 500 balls thorugh it, it had 1-2 second pauses in the feeding 3 times, where paint just was not coming out.

Well I just mailed a brand new one (had two weeks and one field use) back to them yesterday. Edward listened to it over the phone and said the motor was fried and they had a bad batch. Not exactly your symptoms but...

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com