Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 12.86%
  • no

61 87.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't you use a remote?

oh, that tubgirl crap...yeah, i was about ready to kill my friend when he first showed me that. *shivers*
    Calling all Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and other east coast AOers...

AO Mid-Atlantic Meet (planning stages)

Let us know what dates and locations work for you!!

i had one explode on me and drive a metal shard into my hand, never liked them sence

Where the s**t hits the fan...(SF Bay Area)
    I ran remote when I was using co2 for the extra expansion chamber that the remote affords. Plus there was less chance of liquid going into my mag. I did find it somewhat cumbersome on and off the field even though I had a slide check on it. When I went to HPA, 68 ci, I thought about how much more heavy the gun would be and tried remote for a while. Got a DF and tried it on and have not gone back to remote since. If I had gotten a bigger tank, I may still be using a remote, but I like the tighter feel of my setup now.
    Markers: LX (CF Hyperframe Mag/ PFHR RT Pro)
    Barrels: Kaner/Boomstick/All American
    Tank: Crossfire 68ci 3k
    Mask: JT/Scott
    Loaders: Pre BE Rev/X-board Rev/ Reloader

Two reasons:
    You can’t shoot when lying on your back.
    & an unbalanced gun is difficult to aim.

I've been running remote for many years. I've never snagged on anything.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm not understanding any of this "unbalanced" stuff, what do you guys shoot? If it's a vert mag it's pretty even without the tank, if it's hl or hr the tank doesn't really help when the gun is tilting left or right . . .

I like the feel of the tank against my shoulder. It seems more balanced with the tank on a nice drop forward. When i hold my gun without the tank it just doesnt feel right. Also, I feel like i'd get tangled up in the remote line.
    *edit-By balanced, we don't mean side to side, we mean front to back. For an example I also have a Tippman 98 Custom with a flatline barrel. This gun is so long and front-heavy, it takes effort (espescially compared to a mag) to keep level without a tank. The tank just adds a little weight behind the grip (acting as a fulcrum) and evening out the gun's overall weight. I guess it doesn't bother some people, but it's just uncomfortable to me...
    Last edited by Cryer; 01-03-2003 at 02:38 AM.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

I used to use a remote back in the day, but I got rid of it. My reason for losing it was I didn't like having a tank on my back. At the time I was running remote, I had a 12oz. Co2 tank for my classic mag. Now that I have my Hyperframed RT, I use a 47ci 3000psi Compressed, and that would really suck having back there. It wasn't the wieght issue, it was the inevitable bouncing around the tank does when I ran...I just feel much more free moving and faster when I carry my whole setup. However, this is just my personal preference...I think remotes are just fine.

Not any more

I used to use a remote on my mag when I played front on a team. I attached a set of padded suspenders (military style) to my pack and it was comfortable. Right up until my coiled remote caught on a bunker as I was trying to make a move and it stopped me dead in my tracks making me a paint magnet(ouch), stretched my remote so bad it wouldn't regain it original shape, and yanked my gun out of my hand, bounced off the bunker and smacked the ground hard(double ouch). After that I got a drop and haven't wanted to use a remote since.
    PROTECTING FREEDOM SINCE 1989

Battlegroup

LOL, I use to use remote(coil), but one day (back in the day) it got snagged and stretched big time, lol, it was so funny

in my opinion, my tank acts as a sort of "keel" on my gun like it would do on a sailboat.
    "I thought it through and my worst brings out the best in you." - Taking Back Sunday
    "Cheating gets it faster." - Jimmy Eat World.

Paintball outfitters
    Boostie Bomb

That was another point I forgot ...

I like to use the tank for an armrest when I'm sitting still for a second ..lol.. sorta let the body drop forward a bit and let the tank rest against my arm like a lever on the gun ... plus I do like it against my shoulder when needed.

Sincerely,
    Dave K

For a normal Rec day or tournament I will run HPA on gun. For Scenario/Big Games, where you spend a lot of time in the woods carrying your marker, I will run remote. I used to run remote all the time until I started playing more speeedball type games. I used the on gun set up at D-Day (OK) last year and regreted it. I have a large air system to begin with so that didn't help.

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood