Thread: Ok guys, convince me... (Emag Vs. Angel type-of-thing)

Ok guys, convince me... (Emag Vs. Angel type-of-thing)

Hi all,

First of all, I really don't mean to be an *** so plz don't take this the wrong way; but say I'd like to buy a new gun and I had narrowed down my choices to either a "classic" Emag or a special ed. 2003 Angel LCD, tell me why I should pick the Emag over the LCD.

I've already owned a couple of Angels, so plz no "Angel are inacurate/choppy/crappy/whatever" crap. Accuracy and range are not issues for me because I know that its a matter of consistancy and paint-to-barrel match. Also, speed isn't an issue either since I can't do more than 12-13 bps anyways and geez... isn't 12 bps enough already?! Now, the cheapest Emag (chrome-polished, center-feed) I could find is $800. For $850 I can get the new '03 limited ed LCD (blue C&C). Bear in mind I'd have to spend an extra 70$ for LX if I go with the Emag. The idea that you can switch from electro to mecha mode isn't a selling point for me, since I never had any problems with my LCDs and I have access to many back-up guns anyways. Also, I own a Freak set and I just discovered that I couldn't use any inserts below 0.687 with LX... which is not a problem with the LCD. I've owned a Mag in the past and breach cleaning was a pain, whereas the LCD has got to be one of the easiest guns to clean on the field (moot point anyways since I don't recall ever having to do this... but still it's nice to know that IF you ever break a ball in the breach you can easily clean it). The LCD has also an on/off switch whereas the Emag has a key.

so why should I pick an Emag over the '03 LCD?

(plz no flames)

If you set aside all the physical differences, you're left just with how you personally feel about it, it's all your preference and nothing more. If you ask others to set aside the hardware and performance differences, you'll get only "I like marker x more then marker y".

Having owned both, I prefer the Emag over the Angel.

My Reasons:

1) The Emag doesn't have the fragile feel the Angel does, nor does it have noticible shootdown on long strings of paint. I can hit the same target at range repeatedly regardless of my rate of fire.

2) The Emag mounts the warp feed alot better then the angel does.

3) The Emag is more upgradable hardwarewise. You can upgrade the Emag to an Xmag. You can swap valves and regulators in under a minute. Lots of options

4) The only thing the Angel has over the classic emag is the nice rotary breach for cleaning.

-Evil Bob

well here's my reply;

1) I never felt that the Angel was "fragile"; I played aggressively with mine and never had any problems whatsoever (except breaking the breach knob). I'll admit however that mags have a lot of stainless steel parts (which is why I think the Emagis heavy, is it not?- mind you an LCD with an AIR set-up will be just as heavy)- I'll take SS over aluminium any day (back in the late 90's, I traded my mag for that new wonder that was the Angel LED... being used to the quality of my mag- with the SS parts and all I wasn't impressed)

2) I don't need Warp feed- not a selling point for me (and for a fair amount of players). Still, I'll chalk it up as a positive in favour of the Emag.

3) Why would I want to upgrade an Emag? I don't fall for so-called "upgrades" (stuff like LX excluded of course; or stuff like Blade triggers for Impulses/Shockers). All my LCDs were stock.

remember, for the same price I get a cut & coloured version of the LCD, whereas the Emag is stock- and I think a blue or a green C&C would win over a stock Emag (especially with the amazing job milling jobs on the '03s) in the looks dept if you'd make a survey.

so go on...

I shoot an E-Mag. It's simple and solid.

Besides the LX and warp (if you are so inclined - sounds like you're not), there is not much to upgrade on the E-Mag.

As far as weigh, std. Black E-Mags are heavy in my opinion. I've heard newer Black E-Mags now come with the ULE body rail and/or frame. I'd check with AGD direct because that weight savings may be worth paying a little more. Or buy a used one and save lots of money.

Good luck.

Sorry to say it but you already made up your mind Honestly for you the Angel is the best deal.
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

-=Squid=- Guest
    Originally posted by Senor Cartman
    well here's my reply;

1) I never felt that the Angel was "fragile"; I played aggressively with mine and never had any problems whatsoever (except breaking the breach knob). I'll admit however that mags have a lot of stainless steel parts (which is why I think the Emagis heavy, is it not?- mind you an LCD with an AIR set-up will be just as heavy)- I'll take SS over aluminium any day (back in the late 90's, I traded my mag for that new wonder that was the Angel LED... being used to the quality of my mag- with the SS parts and all I wasn't impressed)

2) I don't need Warp feed- not a selling point for me (and for a fair amount of players). Still, I'll chalk it up as a positive in favour of the Emag.

3) Why would I want to upgrade an Emag? I don't fall for so-called "upgrades" (stuff like LX excluded of course; or stuff like Blade triggers for Impulses/Shockers). All my LCDs were stock.

remember, for the same price I get a cut & coloured version of the LCD, whereas the Emag is stock- and I think a blue or a green C&C would win over a stock Emag (especially with the amazing job milling jobs on the '03s) in the looks dept if you'd make a survey.

so go on...
    Why did you even bother with this post? Obviously you wanted the angel, so why the hell did you make the thread? No matter what legit reasons somebody gives you, you will only say the angel is better for X ammount of reasons...

You are incorrect in stating that you will have to fork over another 70.00 for the LX. I would be more than happy to hook you up with an X-Valve Emag w/Level 10 for that price...or close to that. Also, your freak is fine. The bolt only goes into the back part...not the inserts. m You can use whatever insert your heart desires. Email me and we can discuss it further. Thanks.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Obviously you wanted the angel, so why the hell did you make the thread? No matter what legit reasons somebody gives you, you will only say the angel is better for X ammount of reasons...
    actually, it is the total opposite: I'm about to buy an Emag. Why? I like the "feel" of the Emag (I've obviously tried it- although I really reconsidered when I learnt that I couldn't use inserts below 0.687 with LX). The only thing is that 99% of players will pick the LCD instead given that the pricing is the same. So my whole point was: The Emag is overpriced- the cheapest one I could find is 800- they usually run at 900+. In all fairness however when they came out in late 2000 they were about $1,250. And I always wondered why they were so expensive, even when the competition's prices are maddly dropping. Could it be the SS parts?

So, as I said I'm sold to the Emag (I guess nostalgia plays a part in this: it's like having my old mag back with an electro trigger minus the ball chops)- but unfortunately most players don't see it that way and most would pick the LCD instead. So let's not whine about the non-visibility of the Emag.

umm... your kinda contradicting yourself, but what i woudl do in your situation is get the hook up from tunaman, he is an excelent dealer with much support from us here at AO so talk to him and get you an emag if thats what you want.

but you are kind making it hard to tell what you want becuase you seem to change your mind but really from the reasons you put out its down to what you'll prefer...
    [*img]http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/YeahThatsMe.jpg[/img]
    Image too large- Tato

Um, where have you been shopping for e-mags? Go to Tunaman, he'll hook you up with a real nice one. Or look locally. I found my e-mag for 600 bucks with a 2-piece J&J and a CP lightning drop forward. Just look around and you'll find some good prices.

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

I have to agree with a lot of the posters here. It does sound like you are somewhat biased toward the Angel.

I don't know where you play, but last few times I went out, mine was the only Emag at the field. Its "just" a standard black one, but it seemed more rare than a "limited edition" Angel. For me that is not a selling point. I wouldn't even have the Emag if it wasn't for a lot of luck and the generosity of Mr. Tom Kaye.

If you are one of the "gun of the month" club, you would be better off with the Angel, as unfortunately mags don't have as much resale value.

Just a couple of thoughts that were in my head...

tat tat tat tat ta--t--t---- --- --- what happend? I FORGOT TO RECHARGE MY BATTERY!

vs.

tat tat tat tat ta--t--t--- --*switch, put pin in* tat tat tat

Rikkter, those who forget to charge their batteries are also just as likely to forget paint, air, or even going to the field altogether. The manual selection is a nice function, but nothing more than a "Neato" factor to me. I've never heard of anyone buying an Angel and saying "now only if I could shoot without the electronics!"

If I were you, I'd pick up an Xtreme, though you'd either have to wait some time, or get it used. I like these better because they're lighter, use the switch instead of the pin, and have the breech modules and better milling. However, they are a bit more expensive, so I don't know if you're too keen on that.

Either way, you'll be happy with either gun. Good luck!

OSM
    Coming Soon:
    Who knows anymore...

yes i understand that. but to me that is a big feature. its something that AGD considered to be a keen feature, and i know many people think that as well. the xmag(not called the xtreme) is a nice gun in my opinion, and would get that over the angel.
    i saw a guy just sunday having trouble chroning his angel. i know this isn't with all, and probably was something else causing it, but IMO the valves on the mags are a lot easier to clean, fix, and maintain than a angel

so the emag is over priced, when its better construction, better warrenty, and essencialy 3 guns in one? ok sure VS what is a stock angel with milling... im sorry no matter how you label crap, its crap... milling does not make a marker better... if you like milling and you want a gun that looks good then by all means get the angel. if you want a ugly mother that works all the time ( even with a dead battery) get the mag. all i see is you trying to put mags down while avoiding a royal roasting
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

well im my case it would be more like:

tat tat tat tat ta--t--t---- --- hey!- toss me that Impulse will ya? tat tat tat tat tat

But yes, I do see it as a very nice extra; I tell you what- I once fell in a water pond with my Shocker- hand first on the Shocker, making sure it got well immersed... I thought "that's it, it's dead..." but miraculously there was no water inside. At that moment I would have loved to have a manual override like on the Emag. I agree with OldSchoolMag here though.

the xmag(not called the xtreme) is a nice gun in my opinion, and would get that over the angel.
    -oh yeah! I think the X-mag is poised to become very succesful. If not, pb players are retarded. It is a bit, again, on the expensive side though. If I had the money of course I'd get the X-mag over an Emag. And it would be a close call between the X-mag and the IR3 (ah hell, I'd get both!!!)

but IMO the valves on the mags are a lot easier to clean, fix, and maintain than a angel
    -touché. To service the Angel you need a set of Angel-specific tools that happen to be very expensive, whereas with the Mag the most exotic device you'll ever need is a dentist's pick. Actually I had forgotten that very important point. Thanks!

so the emag is over priced, when its better construction, better warrenty, and essencialy 3 guns in one? ok sure VS what is a stock angel with milling... im sorry no matter how you label crap, its crap... milling does not make a marker better... if you like milling and you want a gun that looks good then by all means get the angel. if you want a ugly mother that works all the time ( even with a dead battery) get the mag. all i see is you trying to put mags down while avoiding a royal roasting
    -better construction? Maybe, but Angels are extremely well-built- very hard to beat. Better warrenty? Again quite possible but I got tons of free replacement parts from WDP in England plus they have awesome customer service (I hear AGD does too). Angels are crap? Mmh ok...
    Since when are Emags ugly mothers??? I love the lines of the Emag (minus the sight rails though); I think it looks sobre, solid, classy and looks like it means business. For the record all my LCDs were 100% stock C&Cs (I hate black as a gun colour, that is the only reason I picked C&Cs over the basic models))- I never quite understood why people fell over the way overpriced (and overmilled) Angel customs like the Dark, the Adrenaline or the Cobra (that one I called the "mullet Angel"). And I'm trying to put down mags so much that I'm currently shopping for one

i didnt say angels are crap, i was making a... whats the word im looking for?, analogy!, to how a special edition LCD is just a stock angel with diffrent milling that boost the price.

and asmuch as people will argue it, a mag is a tube and a hnadle thats all, no frills, no milling, none of that cosmetic crap. it does what it does and doesnt need to compensate for anything.

EDIT* arnt smart parts electro boreds coated to keep moisture out.. and all that.

Originally posted by Senor Cartman
    well im my case it would be more like:

tat tat tat tat ta--t--t---- --- hey!- toss me that Impulse will ya? tat tat tat tat tat
    lol, ok so. if it stopped working, you'd go, 'hey! toss me your impulse! -can't you see i'm using MY impulse?'
    or
    'hey! toss me my impulse-and have them throw it to you on the field-

?? lol i found that weird

well actually, I'd hit my teammate (or even better, an opponent) with some sort of blunt object over the head and steal his electro from him. It'd go like this:

-tat tat tat tat tat --- click, click... hey come over here...

-why what's up?!?

-WHACK!

-tat tat tat tat tat tat...

i guess that explains your nick nname..lol :P

They are both great guns, but just to correct you angel batteries last for 350,000 shots =) I dont think you will run out of batteries, so basically dont throw me that crap=) BTW I am a gun switcher so basically every year I buy a new gun, I am looking into an XMag for the end of this year I hope they are in stock by the end of this year.
    Smart Parts 2003 Shocker /w Vision

..i'll throw you crap if i want to. if it wasn't a feature then yeah it might be crap. but its not if they took the trouble to put it in the marker