Thread: How to make a pumpmag... from scratch? instructions?

How to make a pumpmag... from scratch? instructions?

So I have lathes & mills and automags. I want to make a pumpkit for my automag I can throw in if I feel like playing some pump. But I've never even seen a pump mag.

If I'm understanding this correctly I need pump, a tube & spring to slide the pump along, some sort of pump rod that resets the bolt, and a wavespring. I can machine the rail and body easily enough and even make a pump handle. But:

a) What are the dimensions and specs for the rail and body milling?
    b) What are the specs for the cocking rod and how it's supposed to be bent to engage the bolt?
    c) Where do I get this wavespring?

I've been searching for an hour or so and can't find these answers.
    Can someone point me to a comprehensive "pump mag" thread?
    Better yet, who wants to let me borrow a pump mag for inspection (with adequete collateral, of course)?

http://haveblue.org/tech/automag/index.html
    The link above will get you the body and rail milling. The rest your going to have to design yourself. I don't know of any drawings for the pump mechanics. The bolt push rod is .125. The springs come from a place called Smalley. They are pretty pricey for just 1 or 2. I can sell you one or 2 cheaper since I buy them in large quanties.

XM,

Thanks for that link!!

If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like seemingly straight slot in the rail ramps up in the Z path so the rod path raises up into the path of the bolt so it can be reset.
    Last edited by Pneumagger; 04-24-2011 at 11:00 AM.

The slot is straight with 2 angels at the end but its at a 30 degree angle in the rail. Your either going to have to tilt the milling head or tilt the rail.