Thread: Who Was Fred Schultz? Remembering Great Players from the Past

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    in the early 90's i opened the first paintball field on the SF penninsula. it was a 34,000 square foot indoor field called 'hyperball'. it only lasted for about two years before the overhead killed us, but in that time the ironmen started playing there in the off-season(pre 'sc' or 'bob longs' ironmen). when my field shut down i went to work for a guy who owned a field in a place called 'american canyon' near vallejo calif. his name was art gonzales(anyone who knows fred schultz or bob long or mike from maire island pb should know art gonzales, think 'bay area open 1994'), he owned and ran a field called 'primetime paintball' it was on the same stretch of property as another field called 'carpet bobs' who he was once in partnership with, now carpet bobs field is called sherwood forest or somethin like that. anyway, i remember playing with fred, bob, and art at primetime in the early 90's. if you doubt this testimonial then look at the front of my hopper in the picture below, that is a mid-90's constant-pursuit patch. its the one with the skull and the two lighting bolts on the top. i"ll try to post a better pic of it as soon as possible.

ps. art closed his field when he was paralized while bicycling on a mountaintop highway(skyline blvd, san mateo)hwy 92. he and his wife gladys where mentors to a lost young man and excellant friends, unfortunatly i lost touch with them for a while. the last time i went back home i went to his house(san bruno)and was able to tell him how much he ment to me. he has since moved to san diego cal. i moved to texas and i have once again lost touch with them. heres to old friends!!
    Last edited by rjvemt1; 02-18-2003 at 09:02 PM.