Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who Was Fred Schultz? Remembering Great Players from the Past

I remember Fred was every where back in the early and mid 90's. You couldn't open a paintball magazine with out seeing him. He even had a signature series tank from air america. He was also the MC for the Amatuer Open players party for a few years. I think it was in 97 he just didn't show up to MC. He was there at the tournament but he was a no show for the players party and after that Fred just disappeared.
    Last edited by XM15; 12-10-2008 at 10:18 AM.

great thread

I recently came across my AA signature series tank, and wondered what happened to Fred.

I too started playing in the early 90's and as stated before he was in everything. HOpefully he will make a comeback. Even if it is just for a big game or charity event.

Quote Originally Posted by burscott
    I recently came across my AA signature series tank, and wondered what happened to Fred.

I too started playing in the early 90's and as stated before he was in everything. HOpefully he will make a comeback. Even if it is just for a big game or charity event.
    The problem is, we can't get a hold of him. I am sure that he still keeps in touch with a few out there. But, to completely go off the grid for 5 - 10 years does not seem to indicate that he is interested in a return, for any reason.

FYI: I wrote a number of stories about him or in which he was included, whether for Paintball News, Paintball Sports, Paint Check or some of the older magazines and I have a lot of old mags in a box. Maybe I can dig out some old covers over the holidays and post them.

I remember a Christmas edition around '95 or '96 that was done by a gal on our team, named Killer Red. She wanted to write and I introduced her to Fred at Nashville. I think I convinced Rene Boucher to let her submit the story to Paintball News and it was a great colorful piece that he did print over the following Christmas. I think Fred had just cut off his pony tail, which was braided and reached his calves. It was a trademark for him and cutting it off was a big deal.

I'll try to dig some of that stuff up, if anyone is interested.
    IADSPBP

SS Tank

Hey guys,

I just put my Fred tank up for sale in the Air section:

https://automags.org/forums/showthrea...37#post2597337

I just wanted to post a heads up here if anyone has been looking for one.

Thanks,
    Scott

I'd thought perhaps I'd gotten a line on Fred. The Fred Schultz in question even looks quite a bit like our Fred might these days, but an e-mail to him shot down the hope. So, for anyone looking for our Fred, the Fred Schultz connected with Priority Kids charity organization is NOT our guy.
    Ben Kohnen, Limited Pump Paintball
    www.geocities.com/limitedpump

Who is Fred Schultz

On my Facebook page, I have several photos of Fred, from articles that either I wrote or that he wrote for a variety of paintball newspapers and magazines in the early 90s. There is a history of the creation of the NPPL, GTO and the USPL - all the product of my partner, Steve Davidson's labor and talent. You can find all of this in one of my 9 photo albums - the album titled: Paintball. There is also a short video from PaintFest 2000. But, that is not related to Fred Schultz, although Steve is interviewed. That video, by the way, was the one produced by Adrenaline TV and aired on TV over Thanksgiving weekend, 2000.

Biff Thiele

Where are the Old CP members?

Just found this thread when I was looking for my old teammates in the web.

Where is Captain Fred nowadays? Did anyone manage to find him? Where are the rest of the old CP team of Pat, John, JD, Bart, Hawk (Kevin), Animal, Rich, Ed, Mich, Kim, Paris, Eric and Wolff? I already know where Larry, Carpet Bob and Art are.

We need to do a reunion, guys.

CP, Hong Kong.

Well, I did not find Fred, but I found these in the basement:

found this:
    http://68caliber.com/2010/04/06/how-...-player-cards/
    but then again it doesnt do him justice.

google is amazing try it some time.

look at all the mags

I see all of these posts but does anyone know why he did leave Paintball? I'm just curious.

Are these actual barrels, or the slip on tubes I think J&J made?

Shives

Quote Originally Posted by RST
    Well, I did not find Fred, but I found these in the basement:

These are the slip on tubes.
    Sadly I did not have no more barrels that are long enough and fit these.

How long are they? I might be tempted.

Shives

Quote Originally Posted by RST
    These are the slip on tubes.
    Sadly I did not have no more barrels that are long enough and fit these.

1 x 24,8 cm
    1 x 29,9 cm

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    He had enough pull to get a paintball game into Disney World. I don't mean out behind the fence, I mean in MAIN STREET USA where they filmed us shooting each other. The ends of the streets were netted off and the Disney public watched it go down. If you go there today you might still see where we blew the corners off the foam buildings.

holy crap its the disney battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyE3ponTsQ4

Fred Schultz is alive! Freddy the Ref was able to do an interview with him!

https://youtu.be/6WNuK0G8oeI