Thread: Will you guys at AGD pleas make atleast some of the teardrop bodies for twistlock?

Will you guys at AGD pleas make atleast some of the teardrop bodies for twistlock?

The more I look at the teardrop body the more I want to buy it! The thought of having the annoed fade I want . . . Is there any possible way AGD my make just a handful of these? Some of us invested a lot into our vert twistlock barrels and I for one do not want to chose between buying the teardrop along with a new barrel or scraping the new bodies and missing out on all the cool new stuff. Could you guys somehow just pull a few out before you thread them and punch the holes for a twistlock assembly? Please? Also an addon to the other post, flames on the neck would be cool only if there were flames on the body.

Please consider and thanks for your time!(If the answer is "no" then I will respect that, buisness is buisness and if AGD ses cocker barrels as better for the future then I guess I'll let it be.)

I was curious if there is a reason this couldn't be done.

Is the thickness of the aluminium walls too thick for the twistlock to work?
    If its the same thickness as the SS bodies, couldn't the cocker threads just not be machined and drill a hole in the appropriate place?

I HAVE to agree....

I too would like this. I would post a poll asking hwo many want to keep the twist lock, but I am afraid of poepl yelling at me and hurting my feelings!
    Feedback

For Sale Link

Retro MAG for sale

Back in the Bronx again baby!

Its simple, you can't attach the feed tube to a 1/16th inch thick aluminum tube.

Sorry, if it was possible we would have done it a long time ago.

AGD

Yeah... I know the ULEs were not going to come out w/ twist lock so I purchased the freak barrel. I'm just going to buy a new back and front, put the only one on my twist-lock emag and I'll be happy. But as Tom said... It wouldn't be very sturdy and would likely break... Unless the body was one like a micromag, square and thicker on top, but that would force them to make a whole new design... If you don't want new barrels, the No-Rise is very sexy IMO, but I wanted to get cocker threads so I could get an evil pipe or a scepter, or just a new back and front for my freak...

Originally posted by AGD
    Its simple, you can't attach the feed tube to a 1/16th inch thick aluminum tube.
    I'm missing something. What does attaching a feed tube have to do with leaving a hole for the twist lock?

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

I thought the area where the feed tube mounted had more "meat" than the rest of the body.

Though I'd love to argue but I'd be fighting a losing battle. Having cocker threads does have it's advantages, it opens up our barrel selection by atleast double. I think what Tom is trying to say is that the barrel just wouldn't fit into the body, the threaded part of a cocker barrels has a smaller diameter than that of an automag twistlock barrel. I have a no rise body, I guess I'll just have to get powder coating, too bad I can't get the flame/teardorp milling(I planned this before even seeing the teardrop body , but airsmiths say they can't do it on SS body)