Thread: ¿Playing on?

Question ¿Playing on?

Just before I got out of paintball for like 4-5 months, the last tourney I was at, my team got a penalty. We were playing against the number one team in our devision and it came down to two of their guys and one of ours. Well our guy saw their guy comming so he shot at him 3 times. He kept comming at him like a mack truck with no brakes. So my teammate shot him like 3-5 more times, (take note that the ref didn't pull him after the first 3 shots) and then he finally shot our guy and the ref called both out. What do you think about this? It's called Playing on if Im not correct. Do you guys agree with this? Do you guys play on till' the ref pulls you or says your out or do you just go by the honor system? This was the worst case of Playing on I have ever seen. Let me hear you imput.
    95 S-10
    Alpine CDA-7893 HU
    Eclipse 33230 Amp
    Infinity References' 4X6's
    Infinity References' 6½'s
    2 10" Infinity References'

Some Nasty tint...and no more to come casue Im getting back into paintball

Re: ¿Playing on?

A lot of people play by the rule of "Don't stop until they're dead." I hear a ot of people even on these boards say stuff like that and it doesn't make sense to me. I don't think it's right and if I was shot while going for a bunker move I'd stop.
    The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage.

Yep, that was some bad reffing. He should have pulled the shot player and pulled his teammate for playing on with an obvious.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

That about typical to be honest. Most player now think its the refs job to pull them out. At some point there was a massive change in how people looked at hits and how ref were to react to them.

In te early NPPL, if you had an ovious hit and you didnt pull your self out of teh game ASAFP you got a 1 for 1 That simple. Then things kinda changed and teh adititud was that its teh refs job to pull you out of the game. Watch the tapes of player just sitting in thier bunkers waiting for a judge to get thier arm band.

Several reason for that it it takes a judges eyes off the game if you want to go bunker someone the ref is out of possition to make a good call so you can get waxed and still finish the move and get 1 or 2 player before getting pulled and thats considered a good things by most players.

This is why you now see people getting pummpled when they go. As a back player if I have the shot, I am putting so many on you that you will not make it to my player without bleeding.

Its a real dick way to play ball but thats kinda what it has come down to.

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

I totaly agree with you rob, matter of fact i have done just that. In the last five man touney i played in. A guy was going in to bunker my left front player and i proceeded to lay into him, he finaly walked away with two gog shots, three in the chest, and one or two in the gun. All from me...hehehe... that'll show him, try to bunker my players
    This chicken's got a brand new bag.

C&C Xmag #296
    yellow to black fade
    warped 88/4500