Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mainbody

Cool

I finished polishing my mag last night and believe me, it was more than worth it. To get it shined I did the following:

* 320, 400, 600, 800, 1500 grit emery sandpaper (Hopefully I'll get some 2000 or 3000 grit over the weekend to finish it up, although it really does not need it)
    * Mother Mag

Start with the 320 and work your way to the 1500 grit making sure it is done evenly and that you get the entire body. I highly recommend doing the sanding under the faucet (it makes a big difference as you are washing away all the particles you just sanded off). After I finished doing all the sanding, I polished the body with Mother Mag and the shine was unbelievable. All together it took approximately 6 hours over a two-day period.

I would not use a drill or dremel to do any of the sanding. Doing by hand makes it look a lot better.

If you want a chromed/polished body, go ahead and do it!! It is very easy to do.

[This message has been edited by ralicea (edited 12-08-2000).]

any pics yet ralicea ,id be intrested in seeing how your gun turned out.It might be something i want to do to mine

out of my way guys I ve got to get to the hardware store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    old legends never die, they just gain weight...looks like a legend and an out of work bum look alot alike daddy

Ok so what should I do just go down to my hardware store get a selection of like 6 levels of sand paper from 320 to 2000 or whatever and sand until i get to the 2000 and the give it a clean with a cloth?

hey, what the heck is MOTHER MAG is that something that you polish with a rag or something?

Is their anyway that I can mess my gun up by sanding my gun down?

Thumbs up

I just got dun strip'en of da grey and polish'en it down. I used a brass wire wheel to start, then super fine s-paper, then some metal polish. It rocks.

Does the polished finish ever fade, discolor, etc?

Talking

i read this article and as soon as i got up i headed off to autozone to get some sand paper and mother mag. I did exactly as Relacea did and it is unbelievable. It saved me near 75 bucks and it only took me 2.5 hours to do. i spent 15 bucks at autozone and it was well worth it. If you would like a pic just email me at thegrunt68@aol.com

That polished finish should stay shiny with a minimum of effort. The stainless steel won't rust or discolor, but it WILL oxidize slightly. Fingerprints speed up the process. It's really no big problem, though. If it starts to dull a little, just use a little silver polish on a rag and wipe it down. I've got another idea to polish the body once you've got the paint off - Strop it, like you do a knife. Find a strip of leather that isn't smooth on one side, or just get a strop (usually is leather bound to a wood block with a handle), and pick up some jeweler's rouge at a craft store. Rub some of the rouge onto the fuzzy side of the leather, put your mag body in a vise (not too much pressure, and use soft wood blocks to avoid scratching/denting the body), and go over the body shoe-shine style. If it'll get a stainless steel knife mirror-shiny, it'll do the same for a mag body. This might save a little time on various grits of sandpaper.

Mother Mag is actually called Mother's Mag Polish. It's a liquid wax that you use to polish mag wheels and other metal objects. You can find it at just about any auto parts store.

Question

One thing I'm wondering about: Does polishing the body void the warranty?

------------------
    Wise man say, length of man's barrel inversely proportional to length of his &#%$. (And if he bought a 20" barrel, I'd wonder about the presence of his family jewels, too!)

Let me know what you think. Click on the links below.
    Polished Mag 1 http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1390011&a=10374587&p=35141313&Sequence=0&re s=hig h

Polished Mag 2 http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1390011&a=10374587&p=35141312&Sequence=0&re s=hig h

[This message has been edited by ralicea (edited 12-23-2000).]

Ralicea.....
    is that the mag you bought just a couple of months ago....that thing is sweet....

Exclamation

THIS TOPIC WILL NEVER END! Muwhahaha

------------------
    -You Know Im there when you hear *Knock* *Knock* on the front of your bunker.

i hope it doesnt end for a while. I polished mine last week and my new polished or chrome ( i dont remeber) CP barrel will be here this week. I hoope to post a pic or dos.

------------------
    Evil, just frikkin evil
    level 7 classic mag
    14"j&j,12" CP 10" ???
    47ci crossfire
    and a mean streak

Im just writing to continue this topic cuz it is everlasting so blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Question

ralicea, I noticed you have onw of those electronic frame upgrades on your Mag... I know this is off topic, but I live in Puerto Rico and I've been wanting to get an upgrade like that on my minimag. Do you know an online store that has either the ELCD or the Centerflag Hyperframe for the MAG? none of the local stores here carry them... Thank you in advance for your help...

You should just get a colored or chrome body rail because the stock one looks like crap

------------------
    Sweet Mag
    Black Powerfeed Mag
    68 Flatline
    2X Benchy
    8 hole mod

Lightbulb

<- Cave man make fire, comon throw me a bone.

------------------

PAINT TAGGED

Matt_Steele@worldnet.att.net

-Member of 'Team Wannabeez'

50 posts on this thread: BLAh blah moooooo blah crap moooo

------------------

PAINT TAGGED

Matt_Steele@worldnet.att.net

-Member of 'Team Wannabeez'

More spamming. Grow up you people.

Mods- Please close this thread.

On the other hand, if you really dont like the stock body rail, i'm sure you could polish that as well. However, you should probably be careful not to take too much off of it.

------------------
    I'm Captain of UCF Paintball Team. If there are any other college teams out there that wish to play against us, please email me.

Don't polish your body rail. Raw aluminum is no good. If you want a chrome body rail then you should buy an ANS rail.

What's wrong with raw aluminum?

Smile

I believe raw aluminum starts turning yellow, but I'm not sure.

Arrow

I stuck mine in a 6 lb. rock tumbler with Pre-polish medium and let it run for 3 days. Not only did it come out like chrome, but the powerfeed has fed so smoothly, I haven't broke a ball since. Then I got smug and went with the Z-Body. AAHHHHH Yum.

hmm no offense to whoever's mag that is in the pictures in the links but the body isn't that shiny. Its a dull looking chrome. Maybe its just the picture...

AGD Put the grey on for a reason do u realise you are shortening the life of your mags by doing it if you do not like your main body then buy a polished or anodised one do not do a home job unless u are qualified and have the right tools.

are you saying my gun sucks now because i polished my body?