Ego crazed fools many of em. Just watch the paintball videos... what do they all talk about? How good he is, how good that guy is, what a legend of the game this guy is. They are inventing their own greatness.

I wish there was a great team out there that didn't have the sponsorships, didn't open their mouths, played with great sportsmanship... and whooped their sorry butts every time. And I have no doubt that there are people out there fully capable of this, and then some. These pro's haven't had the chance to meet people that can out right whoop em... the best out there never played the game or never decided to excel in it. The bar can be raised quite a bit.

Paintball is a very small and young sport. Where are the Paintball instructors, the multiple books on Paintball theory? This sort of thing, the signs of a developed sport... there is nothing like this. You have to learn by playing. What mainstream sport is like this? None. What sport is there where you can become a pro in just 2 years or some really short amount of time? Something wrong with this picture. We have yet to see an extremely high level game of paintball.

I'm not impressed by most pros by any means... a lot of them just want to make you beat them with a stick because they are so full of themselves.

I'm impressed by players who play hard, play fair, help other players, legitimately know what they are talking about... they love the sport for what it is. The one's that seem to be enjoying themselves on the field, win or lose.

------------------
'Sacrifice the Body'
68 PF - HyperFrame - 68 Flatline - SS BigShot

Miscue's Profile

[This message has been edited by Miscue (edited 07-09-2001).]