<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlackVCG:
AGD produced a machined nylon ball with dimples in it that looked like a miniature golf ball in .68 caliber. The end result was that it shot worse than a regular paintball.</font>
Don't the dimples help grip the club head better? The lesson from this experiment was that either the shape & weight of the paintball or the liquid fill with the lessing of the M? factor are the reasons that rifling doesn't work with paintballs.

If AGD is still interested in research, I have a couple of ideas. I'm guessing that accuracy has reached its peak performance. You can't change the velocity or the paintball itself so you are limited. One more idea is an eliptical barrel. I saw it a Palmer's website and I thought it was an interesting idea. Also, I think the 2 stage barrel dynamics isn't fully understood. I have a pet peeve. Why doesn't someone make an barrel adapter so Automags can use Angel or Autococker barrels?

The Automag design is so compact with very little moving parts which is its strong points. You could probably improve gas efficiency but I have no idea. I think the bolt is worth researching. What about a paintball shaped indent like the Autococker bolts? I hear that there is a new bolt coming out with changes in the length and weight. Can't wait to try it out. I would also look into an anti-chop detector. Electro-guns are the future and all the hype. It is obvious that AGD has some excellent paintball engineering accomplishments. I would take marketing more seriously. Many times the better product doesn't win because of marketing. I'm not talking about advertising but how the public sees the product. Is it cool or awesome? The whole Automag design is a valve assembly at the end of a pipe and a trigger. It is interchangable and upgradable but the aesthetic improvement is limited. Autocockers and Angels win in the ability to improve the looks dramatically. The warp feed is a great idea but I don't understand why not make combine the warp and the loader. The Angel user doesn't mind expense but the cool factor or aesthetics is #1. I think that is why Warp feeds have penetrated that market. I'm just rambling but I like a company that listens to its customers.

[This message has been edited by chaoticorigin (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by chaoticorigin (edited 07-18-2001).]