20 30.77%
  • 2002 Timmy

6 9.23%
  • GZ Timmy

12 18.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for a new gun.

Originally posted by wobbles82
    Hehe, more Nerve. All I can say is that even when it comes out, Smart Parts really likes to do a nifty "wait a year before its ready to go" period, so I would say ditch that idea. Nearly every product they make (As good as it may be, im not dissing them I love their products) has some kind of QC problem at first, or the boards fry, or the tolerances or low, something that just isnt right. So, onto the earlier debate. First off that is kinda off topic...who was saying that the Viking doesnt have range or something? I cannot believe that there still is range debates! If you even read the reviews for Vikings idiots will say it shoots almost as straight as a cocker but doesnt get nearly the range...how is that possible? Anyway, I think $tevo is making a good decision with a Dark Viking, they arent really that bad looking, and as for the dropoff im not so sure about that. I think Matrices are incredible markers, and maybe he should shoot both, but IMO I would take a viking also because of weight, some Trixxies can be packing. But its really in Steves (can I call ya steve? heh) hands, both are excellent quality, and smoking fast markers and either one will leave him pleased. (Specially the one that does less wallet burn) But for the X-mag debate, sure the Viking is more efficient, but having USED and SEEN numerous Vikings I can say that their is no way to say one is better than the other. The Viking is a very consistent marker, but I do not think it can match the abilities of the X-Valves ability to actually be dead on consistent in faster firing scenarios, or even its ability to prevent chopping. I have seen Vikings with eyes break balls, I do not diss them, but it is possible, an X-Mag occurence like this is very very rare. Well I wont say much more mainly because my opinion never...really matters, lol. But I think we should stop debating the markers, all are very good, so I think price is the only thing in this debate.
    your good peeps wobbles......good peeps. yeah not all vikings pinch well...they have to be tuned right like any other marker.

are they easy to tune? or they pretty difficult?

www.Intimidatorowners.com
    Black and Red Alias

Originally posted by No sKiLLz
    All quotes pulled from Viking owners. And in conclusion, I would LOVE for you to substantiate your claim of the Dark Viking doing ANYTHING better than an X-mag.
    Only one or two of those dealt with what I actually said, and I could refute each and every single one. One said they got dropoff after a string of 100 or so balls, I'd like to see someone shoot a fast string long enough to even shoot 100 balls.

All other quotes you pulled were either isolated cases, misconceptions, or rumors. If you would like me to match each one, repost them each lacking the quote tags, because I am NOT retyping each one.
    Converge Kills

I can't believe you just tried to tell me a Viking is lighter than an X-mag.

He had every right to.

If you've owned an X-mag, than you SHOULD know the trigger is VERY adjustable with o-rings and magnets.

I'd prefer set screws myself, much easier to deal with.

Kick? Last time I checked the X-mag has a bolt forward action.

That really doesn't have much to do with it. The Viking does have less kick, most owners describe it as Matrix like.

Price? Get a job.

I have a job, and it does not pay well wnough for me to buy a fully setup X-Mag over the course of working over the Summer. Not everyone is either spoiled rotten or blessed with a good career.

Pinch without modification? Last I heard the break in period was for the LPR. Better not try to sustain a high ROF out of the box without a Halo.

You can pinch many types of paint out of the box with the Viking. The break in period isn't too bad with the new solenoids either. Besides, adjusting the LPR is still much easier than setting up the Lvl 10.

Superman anno won't help the looks of this marker. Wonder Woman anno won't help the looks of this marker. Naked stickers of Victoria Silvstedt...maybe.

If looks are effecting your decision this much, it may be time to find another sport. The new Crusader milled Vikings look incredible anyway. Check them out in a link in the IAO thread stickied at the top.

Availability? I was mad at AGD too for making me wait, so I got a Matrix.

The thing is, there are some stores with Vikings in stock if you care that much. The wait is still much shorter than for the X-Mag anyway.

Speaking of which, I was never saying the X-mag was the way to go, I was talking about the Matrix. Is the Viking going to beat the Matrix on anything but price? (and don't say efficiency because people are getting just as many if not more shots than a Viking with the FF bolt)

Yes, the Viking beats the Matrix on many levels besides price. Size, reliability, maintanence, warranty, toughness of the ano, factory options (triggers, feedtubes, reg lengths), and weight in some cases (JMJ and Crusader milling is far lighter than any Matrix). Both are insanely fast, very low kick, and capable of using eyes. Only recently has the Matrix touched the Viking's efficiency.

Dark Viking is not a bad marker. I just don't agree with anyone telling me it's the best when it's nowhere near.

Give me some real reasons why the Matrix is better. In my eyes, it's struggling to keep up with the Viking.

Originally posted by $tevo
    are they easy to tune? or they pretty difficult?
    Yes because aka does it once when your gun is broken in....you never have to tune anything accept the sidewinder for velocity

You can tune it yourself if you'd like, it's nice to have the options. If you want to tune it yourself, you need a toolkit though, but it's about the equivalent of tuning a Cocker's LPR (very easy process).

You've got to be kidding. I could squeeze your head and watch the dookie come out of your ears. I am way over your overstated opinions you preach as gospel.

No, no. You're totally right and I should have consulted the experts first (haha). I am going to sell my POS Matrix right now. Anyone want an NYX Matrix? No, of course not. Why would they when they can buy a VIKING!!! Well. We've been over those reasons, but other peoples opinions don't matter. Only yours.

You guys are cool. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by No sKiLLz; 07-18-2003 at 10:24 PM.

You've got to be kidding. I could squeeze your head and watch the dookie come out of your ears. I am way over your overstated opinions you preach as gospel.

No, no. You're totally right and I should have consulted the experts first (haha). I am going to sell my POS Matrix right now. Anyone want an NYX Matrix? No, of course not. Why would they when they can buy a VIKING!!! Well. We've been over those reasons, but other peoples opinions don't matter. Only yours.

You guys are cool. Keep up the good work.
    GB2 the argument. You're doing the exact same thing we are, only on behalf of the Matrix.

Oh hell no. I don't view my opinions as absolute. What's that crap about YOU prefering adjustment screws to o-ring and magnets? All that says is you prefer a microswitch to a magnetic trigger. Does that mean everyone should? Oh sorry, god, your opinion is gospel.

Half of what you say is assumed, and the other half is contrived, yet you want people to believe you. You don't get a lot of attention in the real world, do you? Like I said, I'm over it. You can argue point by point with no evidence to your hearts content, but you don't have a clue.

Oh hell no. I don't view my opinions as absolute. What's that crap about YOU prefering adjustment screws to o-ring and magnets? All that says is you prefer a microswitch to a magnetic trigger. Does that mean everyone should? Oh sorry, god, your opinion is gospel.

Half of what you say is assumed, and the other half is contrived, yet you want people to believe you. You don't get a lot of attention in the real world, do you? Like I said, I'm over it. You can argue point by point with no evidence to your hearts content, but you don't have a clue.
    Says the person who made an argument based on which gun looks nicer. It's not like you didn't preach your opinions either. You're obviously not over it if you cared enough to post, and good luck next time trying to mount your high horse when in reality you're arguing on the same plane.

There's no need to get upset and start personal insults over a debate about markers. Either try to match my points, or back out of the argument graciously.