Thread: cocker question

cocker question

ok, the Kapp Autococker Relfex:
    http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-3507-2.html

and the Dye reflex:
    http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-3601-1.html

do they both come with reflex trigger frames? what one is overall better? Im leanin more towards Kapp,but im not very sure bout these 2..if anyone knows or has these let me know some pros and cons bout them..thx

www.Intimidatorowners.com
    Black and Red Alias

Only the KAPP has a Reflex frame, the DYE Reflex Cocker has a DYE frame. My personal suggestion would be to buy neither. The KAPP has a nice trigger frame, but that's about it. The DYE looks pretty and performs okay, but there's nothing too special about it.

Get a 2K3, slap on a Palmer's Frontblock Kit, a Sidewinder Reg, a CP Barrel, a Freeflow Tungsten Hammer, and an Eclipse Hinge Frame. Later on down the road, get an AKA Lightening Bolt and a few CP barrels (if you find you need more varied bore sizes) to reach just about the maximum performance.
    Converge Kills

oh..well im not to sure yet..i was leanin towards the dark viking, but im goin to performance and good lookin marker. anyone know where i can look at some sick impulses? and whats the better imppy, sick, nasty or rat? thx

i would get a dye ultralite cocker... i know it isnt listed but its close to the same price range and the name says it it is super light and performs great (not better than my tremor series tho...)
    If u cant beat them.... cheat

Ryan
    ISR

whats the best site to use to customize your own cocker? pbgear.com doesnt have all the parts u listed

tremor serious? u like it? how much it cost

Originally posted by $tevo
    tremor serious? u like it? how much it cost
    It's made by Shocktech, it's ok (www.buyshocktech.com).

If you want full options, I would suggest building your own. Either that or spend a few more bucks and get one built for you by Freeflow (trust me, these guys make the best true Cockers in paintball). Or get a Hybrid by Powerlyte, it works like a Cocker, but has some serious improvements design wise that I feel make it a superior gun (internal ram, integrated LPR, far larger valve chamber, delrin sleeved hammer, delrin valve, mini 3-way block, and a lot more stuff). Plus Powerlyte makes very high quality products and is very customer driven.

Personally I would steer clear of Impulses. My personal SP hate aside, I just think they are mediocre guns. Everything an Imp can do well, there are a few other guns that can do it better. It's not too much of an original design either, more or less a bigger and heavier Bushmaster.

Then again, what do I know, I'm switching from a Cocker to a Viking.

so you like the powerlyte hybrid?

freeflows website is 4freeflow.com right? its not workin..

or would i be better off just pimpin out my mag?

so you like the powerlyte hybrid?

freeflows website is 4freeflow.com right? its not workin..

or would i be better off just pimpin out my mag?
    Yes, I love the Hybrid. Personally I'd like to buy one in the future, but I'm set on a Viking at the moment.

It should be 4freeflow.com, it's working for me.

If you shot a Cocker and you like your Mag better, then upgrade your Mag. If you shot a Cocker and like it better, go for the Cocker. It's fairly simple.

my mag is basic tho..i never shot one with xvalve and inteli frame or anything..but im checkin out the hybrids right now. would they do a fade job on one if i ordered it u think? they look pretty basic without any fade

my mag is basic tho..i never shot one with xvalve and inteli frame or anything..but im checkin out the hybrids right now. would they do a fade job on one if i ordered it u think? they look pretty basic without any fade
    If I were you, I'd upgrade your Mag to it's max (ULE frame/body, X-Valve, Intelli, nice barrel), and see how you like it. At worst, you'd be able to sell it here for a decent pile of cash and pick up a Hybrid if you decided you still liked Cockers better.

Personally I like the simple look of the Hybrid, I'd like a dust red one and combine it with a gloss black secondary color. If you want a fade, you could E-Mail them and ask though. From what I understand, they can do any ano you want, but it might cost extra.

ok.. ill upgrade my mag..

gunna cost alot tho

thx for the help

whats a better, the Y grip or the Inteli, the Y looks like it would be more comfy, but what one u think has better performance?

and would a sidewinder go on a mag?
    Last edited by $tevo; 07-29-2003 at 07:17 PM.

As far as the Y and the Intelli, just buy what you think would be more comfortable to play with. That's really all it comes down to considering how well they both shoot.

Don't bother putting an inline reg on a Mag, it doesn't need one. However, for any other guns available, the Sidewinder is an excellent reg.

I would suggest a Y but consider your plaing style and current setup. Y-Grips are great for wrapping bunkers and work really well with warp-feeds.
    But a 45 is alot better for running and firing with.
    And if you go with the Y youll have to go through a bit of a learning curve.

It is also a little harder to play the snake with a Y.

Sorry you are giving up on the Viking, but it sounds like you are kind of all over the place with your interest in markers. With the amount of money you are spending, I would take a cold, hard look at what it is you are looking for in a marker. Even go out and try some. You see, a mechanical cocker and a Viking are about as dissimilar as two paintball guns can get.

You seem to have placed a little more emphasis on looks. That is certainly your decision, but understand that the money that goes into the ano and chrome probably takes a way a bit from the money invested in the mechanical parts. A perfect example is DYE and KAPP autocockers. They look sweet, but I don't think anyone would say that their components are the best. You'd end up replacing them to get the best performance. Then look at the Viking and the new emag/rtpro. There are no upgrade parts that could make these things funtion any better than they do with their stock parts. Yet (in the eyes of some) they are not as nice looking as the DYE and KAPP.

So go out, shoot some markers, and figure out if you want a mechanical or an electro. Then figure out what is important to you i.e. looks, ROF, efficiency, accuracy, etc etc. Then decide. Don't make the wrong choice and have to switch later, markers depreciate rather badly.

I still say go for the Viking

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

Ack, no, don't go for the Viking. All I need is one more person making the availability worse for me.

i honestly believe some of the best cockers r shocktech.... i switched from my retro-intelli mag to the tremor and havnt had any regret (other than not gettin it sooner).... maintenance isnt an issue.... replacing parts isnt and issue.... and resale is pretty good for such rare cockers

Originally posted by spider54
    i honestly believe some of the best cockers r shocktech.... i switched from my retro-intelli mag to the tremor and havnt had any regret (other than not gettin it sooner).... maintenance isnt an issue.... replacing parts isnt and issue.... and resale is pretty good for such rare cockers
    Eh, they are pretty good, but there are better. The one thing I like is their sliders, Danny sure knows how to make a snappy/short slider. It's also nice when they match the Supa Fly bolts to their guns, makes the cocking pretty smooth.

If you want a Cocker though, the Freeflows outperform and outclass all Shocktechs. Plus they have much better customer service and a transferable lifetime warranty. I'm also partial to the Works.

My personal suggestion is still a Hybrid. Powerlyte really did a good job of breathing new life into a rustic design.

steeratt, i havnt givin up on the viking yet, but there are no vikings around here to shoot. what im gonna be doin is pimpin my mag. then after that i dont know, we'll see what happens. thx for the help guys

my cocker etc...

Well, I also just sold my nice mag for a shocktech cocker. I got the hook up series cocker 2k2. But I really wish I could have a nice dark viking. I got to use one last saturday and wow they're so sweet. So light and fast. Get one with the WAS board and you'll be in heaven.
    Germany's Most Wanted Balla is sponsored by:
    NXe Paintball
    Maxs Sport
    Tomahawk Paintballs

yea im thinkin bout it..but im not makin any decisions till after i finishin my mag..i need ule body, ygrip, xvalve then a barrel. i may get a scepter kit..not sure yet

stevo- trust me, get the viking. when i played with steerats, i was absolutely ripping. im going to get a viking as soon as i get my act together and pony up the cash.
    TONIGHT WE DANCE FOR TOMORROW THEY RELEASE THE DOGS

yea i got time tho..theres still about 6 week waitin period for the dark viking.but im still a mag guy right now and im gonna up my mag as much as i can first. then we'll see what happens after that

good call Stevo, stick to the mechanical for your base gun.
    Remember all you dudes waiting for a chance to buy your electro's. They all may get jacked up in price in a little while.

DAMN YOU SMART PARTS!!
    If you were a kitty I would smash you!