Thread: i have decided..

i have decided..

my next marker is goin to be the dark viking for sure.. once i get big into tournies and stuff then my next marker (after the viking) purchase will be an xmag(by then they wont be backordered)

www.Intimidatorowners.com
    Black and Red Alias

wish i had your paycheck
    Last week i thought i was indecisive, but now im not sure anymore...

jebus Im glad if I can afford a box 0f paint after i come back from the turnies.
    DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!!!
    --------(S.P.)---------(AGD)
    classic "steel monstrosity"
    GWAR Slave #1501
    (UN)Official AO Prankster

nice!

My favorite marker.... You will like it.
    Germany's Most Wanted Balla is sponsored by:
    NXe Paintball
    Maxs Sport
    Tomahawk Paintballs

Originally posted by f3rr3+
    wish i had your paycheck
    At 17 years old, more likely his parent's paycheck...
    Or better yet, why don't you kill yourself. No, really, die. Drop dead, don't leave a note, in fact burn your house while your little ego is stuck in a bench vice so that you'll also incenerate yourslef and everything you own with it. Because that's all you're worth. You're not even wirh thte time it'll take for the house to burn down, so just kill yourself. You're a waste of space. You are nothing, you always will be nothing. Don't leave a note, you're not worth the ink. - Tyger

Originally posted by Albinonewt

hah i wish..i pay for everything myself. i just save my money, and im not playin in the tourny, im just goin to watch it

Man, I wish people would lay off about that stuff. I know that there's a lot of kids out there with high-end guns that their parents bought but there's also a lot of people out there that pay for their stuff themselves.I've been playing since I was 15 and not once have my parents bought me anything for paintball. So quit assuming things.

As for the dark viking choice, hope you like it. That's what I'm planning on getting in a few months once I raise the funds for one. You getting the unmilled or half milled version?

edit:removed sig
    Last edited by RetroEclipseMan; 08-01-2003 at 12:46 PM.

i will prob get the half milled. but my friend thats gonna be buying one with me said he knows someone that might be able to mill it, but hes not sure. if we can get it milled for cheap i might just get the unmilled one. but if not, ill just buy it already milled

Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan

Man, I wish people would lay off about that stuff. I know that there's a lot of kids out there with high-end guns that their parents bought but there's also a lot of people out there that pay for their stuff themselves.I've been playing since I was 15 and not once have my parents bought me anything for paintball. So quit assuming things.
    Oh wah.

Get over it.

albinonewt, not everyone has to run to there parents for money..some of use actually WORK for our stuff

Kai Guest

Oh wah.

Get over it.
    Wow.

That was a mature response.

Originally posted by $tevo
    albinonewt, not everyone has to run to there parents for money..some of use actually WORK for our stuff
    Funny, I don't remember saying you didn't

actually you basically did say that i ran to my parents for money

i will prob get the half milled. but my friend thats gonna be buying one with me said he knows someone that might be able to mill it, but hes not sure. if we can get it milled for cheap i might just get the unmilled one. but if not, ill just buy it already milled
    I believe I was reading on DarkViking.com that if you re-anno or mill your viking that voids the warrenty. Give me a sec to find a link to it. But that's what I was planning on doing as well but not sure if what I read was true or not.
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

Originally posted by Kai
    Wow.
    That was a mature response.
    Is this better for you?

Actually, upon noticing that a member with a listed posistion as a web programer of some sort was enying the paycheck (not wealth, ability to save, not ability to steal) of a 17 year old without a listed posistion I responded that it was likely that if there was any large sum paychecks to be admired it would be those of the original poster's parents. I inferred this by a number of factors

First: The poster being 17 is likely still in school, or at least he will be in the next month or so. And despite whatever skills or work ethic he may have that will cut down on his available work time. Also, not being 18 may effect the number of hours he's allowed to work once school starts again (I honestly forget the exact law, I used to know it when I was in college and managed a video store, I've since forgotten)

Second: Again, with no listed occupation, it is reasonable to assume no imcome of one's own.

Third: Being as familiar with the Sussex Area as I am it is unlikely to find those "sweet" highschool jobs that pay $20 an hour that kids in Manhattan always seem to find.

Fourth: Being 17 it is likely that the poster lives at home where typical living expenses are minimal. With low expenses the ability to spend $2,000 doesn't neccesarily denote a high income, simply that more of one's income can be funneled into paintball then someone that has higher operating expenses.

I'm sorry, I just gotta reply to this one. First off, just because he doesn't have an occupation listed doesn't mean that he doesn't have an income. Heck I have student listed under mine and I have a rather steady income, enough to play every weekend and still pay for school. Secondly you don't have to have a friggen $20 an hour job to pay for a viking.

edit: removed sig

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
    I'm sorry, I just gotta reply to this one. First off, just because he doesn't have an occupation listed doesn't mean that he doesn't have an income.

But it is quite possible that he doesn't, since there's nothing saying he did.

Heck I have student listed under mine and I have a rather steady income, enough to play every weekend and still pay for school.

Good for you

Secondly you don't have to have a friggen $20 an hour job to pay for a viking.

If that was the case then that means his paycheck wouldn't be enviable, which was the whole point in the first place.

actually you basically did say that i ran to my parents for money
    No, I said that given you age it was more likely that your parent's paycheck was the one that f3rr3+ wishes he had (if anyones)

My parents pay for all my paintball stuff. Well... actualy I saved up christmas money for my spyder shutter... sold it for 200.00 (package) and then my parents put in $75.00 to buy a used mag.

aight man..whatever i have a part time job, makin 300 a week, give or take. im still in highschool and thats plenty of money for me, sense all i spend it on is my truck payment and paintball.

Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan

I believe I was reading on DarkViking.com that if you re-anno or mill your viking that voids the warrenty. Give me a sec to find a link to it. But that's what I was planning on doing as well but not sure if what I read was true or not.
    actually i think i saw that somewhere too..damn ohwell, ill just get the half milled one

Yeah, here's the link to that thread about not being able to mill them. http://www.darkviking.com/modules.ph...e011a6e6b8cf91

BTW I love my viking, just got it today from the owner of darkviking himself, has the eyes installed etc and it totally rips.
    Smart Parts 2003 Shocker /w Vision

Boy I am sick of the "Parents bought the gun" crap. Let me tell you, I'm thirty and I make plenty of money, but if my parents decided to buy me a gun or some stuff you better believe I'd take it. Thats what parents do, they buy kids stuff. Is my daughter supposed to refuse her Barbie castle just becasue she didn't pay for it? All this crap is just jealousy rearing its ugly head...

Now, about that Viking. COngratulations, excellent choice. Be VERY careful, however, about milling it. It voids your AKA warranty, and the anno they use (type 3) is VERY difficuly to remove. You'd be better off playing a little more for a milled (ie JMJ, immortal, whatever) and annoed one. Now get ready to buy those eyes, the wicked switch, and your Halo B. Rock on!

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

Originally posted by Steeratt
    Boy I am sick of the "Parents bought the gun" crap. Let me tell you, I'm thirty and I make plenty of money, but if my parents decided to buy me a gun or some stuff you better believe I'd take it. Thats what parents do, they buy kids stuff. Is my daughter supposed to refuse her Barbie castle just becasue she didn't pay for it? All this crap is just jealousy rearing its ugly head...
    Except nothing you just complained about happened here in any sense of the word.

Welcome to literacy, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Um, at 17 I shelled out $12,000 of my own money to by my own car. Its called having a job as well as going to school. Through high school I worked around 25-30 hours a week, and college was anywhere from 35-80 hours a week on top of a full schedule.

yea im just gonna get the half milled dark viking. then put the eyes/switch on. then get a halo b. and when i get money a sceptor kit

Albinonewt, did I mention your name? No. So please dont shovel your sarcasm my way. Go troll elsewhere.

Originally posted by Steeratt
    Albinonewt, did I mention your name? No. So please dont shovel your sarcasm my way. Go troll elsewhere.
    You don't have to mention anybody's name, since literally no person in this thread whined about the "Parents bought the gun crap" and you came in explaining that you were tired of people whining about it.

Nobody here did it, your comment was completely random and had nothing to do with anything that anyone here said

It's like if I said I don't like cheese and then you came down on me for making fun of the French.

Originally posted by govnamac

Um, at 17 I shelled out $12,000 of my own money to by my own car. Its called having a job as well as going to school. Through high school I worked around 25-30 hours a week, and college was anywhere from 35-80 hours a week on top of a full schedule.
    Good for you.

There are exceptions to every rule, but you certainly must admit that there were more kids that worked less then you then there were kids that worked more then you.

Guys, I was simply saying that at 17 it is MORE likely that a person's individual paychecks are not impressive that an adult professional would envy them. Period, end of story. I know some people would like to think I was attacking a younger guy, or inferring that we was spoiled, or some such nonsense but I assure you that was in know way my intent, nor is it what I said.