Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

Minnesota??

Is there an AOMN?
    Anyone?
    minimag, Dallara body/rail, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10, Intelliframe, 12V revvy, JT speedpods, Freak Barrels

My Mini
    My j-spec Probe and my newest toy, '75 Corvette Stingray!!

It would probably have to involve cow-tipping as a pre-game ritual.

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

well, it's easier then tractor tipping.

So can you go out behind the factory and get some refuse SPAM bunkers to use on the field? Anyone caught wiping has to eat a bunker...

In all seriousness, any decent fields in Austin/Mankato/Rochester? The cities have like 3.

you'll have to pardon my french but there aint shi t around Austin.

There is one field in Zumbro Falls, they usually host big tourney's there. There's a good one near New Ulm. That's where I played all year last year. Tommygun's paintwars. Someone is working on building a field just south of Austin. But that's still a year away prolly. The closest (timewise) is Pro Paintball in Lakeville...

I've played at SYO last year. But I havn't seen FSL. Is that one any good?

(btw, I stole the aomn from your sig if you were wondering.)

I think it was JAM who created all the state sigs.

Otherwise for rec ball, the Big Game at Painball Sams is nearing again, October 4-5 in Racine Wisconsin. Two days of bliss with hundreds of other players. There is like a 6-8 car caravan that makes the trip from the cities just from the group of guys/gals I play in.

Hay all you Paintbalers from the twin cities where do you play?? I have not seen too many mag people.
    I think there for, I am I think. am I?

FSL is the best indoor I've ever played. Just down the road is Diehard Paintball an outdoor field also an excellent field. Take a look at MNPig for websites and phone numbers.
    -Brad
    SevenTwentyVideo Extreme Media
    Chicago '04 is Done!
    Denver 04 is nearly done.
    Breakin' it down 720 style!

Wow, from being from Texas you sure know alot about MN paintball.

I've played at SYO, I have not been to FSL but I've seen pictures and I plan on going there this winter (which is the point of indoor fields...)

But I've only played at 2 other fields. Pro Paintball in Lakeville, good couse, owned/operated by Matt Ames, a student at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Also a member of the MSU Maverics (www.msupaintball) The President of the Mavericks is a good friend of mine, Aaron Giersdorf. A great front player (but he shoots a cocker). I've also played at Tommyguns Paint Wars near New Ulm. So my opinion on MN Paintball fields is kinda limited.

A lot of useless info that people don't really need to, or care to know, but I just thought I'de ramble on a bit.

LOL. Nice ramble indeed.
    As for Brad, SevenTwenty does good coverage all over, and I think Kilauwaukid(sp!?) is on the crew also and they just picked up a game together probably.

Anyone around here from close to Worthington? (Southwest corner of Minnesota)

Well, Austin is just about 200 Miles east of you!

are there any fields over there or do you have to go up 60 all the way to Mankato for the nearest one?

Yeah, there is a field here but it works kinda weird... it's not open every day, more like maybe twice a week. The guy runs a computer/paintball shop until 5:30 so then usually after that, if he's not busy, he'll head out and set up the netting to play.

It's kinda cool, a hyperball field and a spool field...
    www.cewgtn.com/paintball/league <- that's the website, under the gallery it's got some photos (albeit outdated) of the field.

The guy is pretty good about setting up the netting for people to play out there, not to mention the fact that 99% of the people are honest so we don't use refs either. Good field.

well i'm coming into this really late, but I am also from worthington, MN, same as ^^
    talk to me on aim - mattthebest30
    or msn messenger - mattthebest_30@hotmail.com

Hey guys - Anyone know of a good place to play indoors this winter? I'm going to want to try out my new gun in action when I get it

fsl is probably the best place for winter PB in minnesota, but sometimes it gets crowded in there in the winter
    WAS'ed angel speed

Yeah FSL is the only good choice unless you like playing frozen. Plus Dave is a stand up guy. Too bad Satan left. Friends are in a winter league for FSL too. Could probably arrange a fun walk-on day this winter if anyone was interested.
    Its a bit more of a drive now that I moved out of Mpls. to Faribault.
    I need to find more SE MN places too.

FSL > SYO by far.

The best place in the state to buy paint is a little video/tanning place in Annendale called Annendale Video. It is about 20mins Straight south of St. Cloud. Look them up on www.dexonline.com. You can get Draxxus for $42 a case, plus alot more.

The feild that is just about a mile north of FSL is called North Side Sports.
    Marker Set up:
    E-Mag_________DataPimp69 Quick Disconnect rail
    X-Valve________Rougeclamp feedneck
    Dynaflow 201___Evil pipe kit 14"
    Halo B _________Karta body, Aced
    Big thanks to Havoc_online and Tunaman for the help too. A+ Service.

That's a good price for drax!!

My mag is still out of commission. so it'll be a while before I'm playing again. I can't freakin' wait... my sig explains why its been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMiniMe
    Yeah FSL is the only good choice unless you like playing frozen. Plus Dave is a stand up guy. Too bad Satan left. Friends are in a winter league for FSL too. Could probably arrange a fun walk-on day this winter if anyone was interested.
    Its a bit more of a drive now that I moved out of Mpls. to Faribault.
    I need to find more SE MN places too.
    Dude, you're in Faribault? I just drove through there in February to Morristown to play with the Minnesota Militia. They play out at Ahlman's. It's not that far out in the sticks...
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Yeah, one of my buds just made a new webpage for the MN Militia. I'm gonna try and hookup with them as I think I'll prefer scenario over speedball anyways.

I don't really care what style play it is, as long as it's paintball. One of the reasons I joined the Farmland Club, that and their "primary" field is the closest to my house.

The guys at the Militia are pretty cool, we were down there in February for a pumps and pistols event, it was one of those 50 degree days in Feb. Let me know if you get out to their field. You can always get a hold of one of them on the Farmland Paintball Club forum... Look for either Sparky or Badger.

wow there r more people here in minnesota (like me ) then i thought!!!

Is ne one signin up for the rookie polar bear circuit tourny??? cuz i think i m!!!

I hadn't heard about that tourney, do you have a link? I was thinking about going into the NSS series with a team this year.

Anyone get out this weekend? I fired up my new X-Mag and put a few balls through it.

Seriously, is anyone interested in an AO get together in MN? Maybe get out for some rec ball at a place that has woods and a speedball field? Something that isn't too expensive, and is a pretty central location? Something early in the season before the humidity and mosquito season kicks in?

I've heard good things about Action Packed Paintball in Jordan, MN. I haven't been there yet. I know that SplatTag has opened again in Hudson, Wi. I usually head out to Alamo Paintball in Young America because it's close to home and they don't charge an arm and a leg a day to play.

Anyone planning for some Scenario Ball in June? Special Forces is planning a big game, D-Day style. The link to the information is here.

I have e-mailed them but I haven't heard back.

Ya, I'll be shooting for Specialforces scenario game. Warm up game in Hudson the 24th this month I think I'll try for. Racine, WI is the 30th and 1st for Sams.
    Time to warm up the Viking and Emag. Clean the harness and polish the boots.

Which warm up game in Hudson, the Splat Tag Big Game April 24?

There are a few people from my club heading out to IL this weekend for an event... I was thinking I would try to head out and get in some speedball somewhere, maybe hit the X-Ball field at APPG in Jordan, MN. Or just head out to YA, but I don't want to be just wasting noobs all day, I'd like to get shot too.

I just got the ULE Trigger set in my mech also, so there will need to be some woodsball played too.

There's also the GIANT BIG GAME at Splat Tag, scheduled for June 5.

I am still trying to figure out if I will be able to make it out to PBSams.
    Last edited by JRingold; 04-04-2005 at 08:24 PM.

Wow. I am glad to hear that there are several other AOers in MN. I also play at FSL from time to time. If anyone wants to head up there let me know. I would go more often but most of my friends don't play. Good shootn'.

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    There's also the GIANT BIG GAME at Splat Tag, scheduled for June 5.

I am still trying to figure out if I will be able to make it out to PBSams.
    How could i forget the Giantbig Game. I am going to be there.

http://www.mnpig.com/ Is a great MN site.