Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

I should introduce myself. I am fairly new to the mag scene, but am converted for life since I purchased and shot my Tac One. I live in SW MN and play every couple of weeks locally at a p/u game we have here. I also play a little at Splat Tag. I am looking for other fields in and around MN that are good to play for scenario/combat style paintball. I also play at OK DDay every year. I have been browsing the AO forum for a while now and it is most informative and helpful. anyway, always looking to meet new ballers in MN so if you have a game in the Southern half of the state let me know, my team and I may try and make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plug
    Dont forget the Vin man +1
    chem + 4

Hinckley Big Game

Northsidesports.com
    Hinckley, MN Big Game May 17, 2008

Register 8am, Game starts at 10:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm

If you purchase paint at northside before hand it's only $40 per case and then no BYOP fee.

Chem and I will be there. Anyone else???

how much is that big game? not a huge big game kind a guy, but it happens.

i need somewhere to play since most poeple will be up in superior paintball playing that charity event. got two purdy mags here that have never seen the field.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    how much is that big game? not a huge big game kind a guy, but it happens.

i need somewhere to play since most poeple will be up in superior paintball playing that charity event. got two purdy mags here that have never seen the field.
    HINCKLEY BIG GAME, Saturday, May 17, 2008

TIME: Registration 8:00 am. Game starts at 10:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm
    PRICING
    ENTRY: $ 25.00 (Includes all day air/co2)
    BYOP FEE: $10.00 BYOP fee. (*waived if you purchase your paint before hand at Northside Sports)
    PAINT FEE: $50 per 2000 rounds
    (*$40~60 per 2000 rounds @ Northside Sports and BYOP fee waived)
    FOOD: Catering available Hamburgers and Hot Dogs

from http://www.northsidesports.com

Hey guys! Hinckley was a blast, though I worked more than I played

We'll be doing another one come September and I'm sure we'll do a treasure hunt later on in the summer. The games are on the small side, for a big game, but I like it that way. Enough people to have a great time and not so many that people feel the need to cheat.

Hope to see some of you guys around Northside or Just Paintball at some point this summer!

what is this SFBG you're talking about?

I played for the first time last weekend at a small field here in Austin.
    Had one hell of a time! They didn't have any compressed air so I couldn't use my "Supermag" but I used their tippy rental (the owner is a tippy dealer... so guess what **** he was hawking the whole time. I can't wait to get some air and show these noobs what a real marker looks like in action) and my team did damn good. 3 of them are in the military and the other is a cop. Take that plus my tournament experience and it was no contest.

I hope I can find a place here in town that can fill my tank or I'm going to be freakin' pissed.
    minimag, Dallara body/rail, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10, Intelliframe, 12V revvy, JT speedpods, Freak Barrels

My Mini
    My j-spec Probe and my newest toy, '75 Corvette Stingray!!

Quote Originally Posted by chem
    Hey guys! Hinckley was a blast, though I worked more than I played

We'll be doing another one come September and I'm sure we'll do a treasure hunt later on in the summer. The games are on the small side, for a big game, but I like it that way. Enough people to have a great time and not so many that people feel the need to cheat.

Hope to see some of you guys around Northside or Just Paintball at some point this summer!

September might be doable... I think I might be able to get in one game a month, as long as I cut back on the hockey at the same time.
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Quote Originally Posted by Splat
    what is this SFBG you're talking about?

I played for the first time last weekend at a small field here in Austin.
    Had one hell of a time! They didn't have any compressed air so I couldn't use my "Supermag" but I used their tippy rental (the owner is a tippy dealer... so guess what **** he was hawking the whole time. I can't wait to get some air and show these noobs what a real marker looks like in action) and my team did damn good. 3 of them are in the military and the other is a cop. Take that plus my tournament experience and it was no contest.

I hope I can find a place here in town that can fill my tank or I'm going to be freakin' pissed.
    Oh, so you went to SPLAT in Austin on 218. I hadn't heard anything good or bad about them, other than they are there. I thought Sports Unlimited had compressed air, but I could be wrong. Your other option would be to find a place that does SCUBA and get a tank and fill station.

Special Forces Big Game, in Buffalo, MN. It's North of the Cities, a little. http://www.specialforcespaintball.com/link2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    Oh, so you went to SPLAT in Austin on 218. I hadn't heard anything good or bad about them, other than they are there. I thought Sports Unlimited had compressed air, but I could be wrong. Your other option would be to find a place that does SCUBA and get a tank and fill station.

Special Forces Big Game, in Buffalo, MN. It's North of the Cities, a little. http://www.specialforcespaintball.com/link2.htm

I think sports unlimited is run by the same guy...
    Seeing as the field and the store are adjacent to each other.

I could be wrong, because I dont know. But that's just what I figured.
    I asked the guys who run the field if they knew anyone who filled nitro tanks, they said that the Austin Fire and Safety guy might. But I haven't had a chance to call him yet.

The field at Splat isn't too bad, they only have 1 field, which sucks for diversity, but it's set up pretty nice. It has 4 different bases plus a "fort" in the middle (they call it the 'slaughterhouse') But for a sunday of relatively cheap paintball, it's not bad. I really would like to hit a speedball course near town but beggers can't be choosers.

how much does a scuba tank cost?! It might end up being my only option if I start to play a lot.

Funny thing, an air tank seems to cost the same no matter what size it is.. I've seen 80 Cubic Foot tanks go as low as $140 new. The question is, where would you get it filled?

Funny thing, an air tank seems to cost the same no matter what size it is.. I've seen 80 Cubic Foot tanks go as low as $140 new. The question is, where would you get it filled?

There is a scuba place in Rochester.

Which wouldn't be too bad if I'm filling a big air tank once in a while.

The scuba will last you a number of fills too, depending on your tank.

So obviously each time you fill your tank, it will fill to a lower psi. I'd say it lowers ~100 psi per fill...first fill is 3k, 2nd is 2900, 2800, 2700...ect... thats approx ( I haven't used mine for a couple years now so not sure exactly )

Each year with your scuba you have to have it visualy inspected, which is like 10 bucks and takes like 2 or 3 days...just something to consider.

The place in Roch is called MCA sports (assuming thats what the guy above was talking about) Its located in the miracle mile strip mall off of 52.

Hope this info helps, if you have any other questions about scubas I may be able to help, just shoot me a pm.

Scuba tanks

I have 2 scuba tanks. If you fill up your hpa tans when they get around 1500 psi they go down about 200 psi per fill. If you have 2 then use the second one to top off and you don't lose much at all on the top off tank (about 50 or so psi) and you can get full fills longer.

There are about a hundred scuba tanks (80cf/3000psi) on Ebay for sale at all times. They will cost about $80-$100 with shipping depending on their hydro. They have to be rehydroed every 5 years same as hpa tanks. They DO NOT have to be visually inspected because they are not used under water. You will have to put a label on them stating "Not for underwater use" if you get them filled at a scuba place.

Usually you can get your scuba tank filled at a paintball field. The charge is about the same as a scuba place. If you frequent a field they will sometimes fill your tanks for free (my home field does this for me and even supplies me with an adapter to do it, but I am there 2-3 times a month so I'm a good customer). Also, it is legal to fill a scuba tank to 3300psi (10% over max). Definitely do this if you fill it at the paintball field as you will lose some psi because filling heats the tank (not a technical explanation). A scuba place may fill it under water to circumvent this problem.

Hope this helps
    MX48

it does.

that helps a lot.

I also found this on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H9Cq8akcj_A

this helped a whole bunch too!!!!
    There is a scuba shop in a city about an hour from me. I have to go there to get my tank hydrotested so I'll check out the tanks they have too.

Quote Originally Posted by Narizo

Each year with your scuba you have to have it visualy inspected, which is like 10 bucks and takes like 2 or 3 days...just something to consider.
    Apparently I don't have the magic "Not for underwater use" sticker, so mine has needed a visual inspection yearly. However, every place I have ever taken it to has done the visual on the spot. It takes em about 20 minutes.

So uh, two and a half years goes by and um, is anyone still out there?

Yeah there are still players from MN on here just most frequent the MNpig forum.

So uh, two and a half years goes by and um, is anyone still out there?
    I'm out there.... literally, in both senses. When we getting together for some homebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    I'm out there.... literally, in both senses. When we getting together for some homebrew?
    Well, when my wife and kids go away for the weekend. Spring break for the kids is coming up, so I'll be hitting you up then!

Thinking about playing paintball... This 40 degree weather is getting the itch to me.

I'm probably going to start heading out to Alamo and APPG more this year. Stay closer to home, shoot less paint. I think I'm going to pick up another phantom.

Doesn't sound like anyone in Minnesota is playing paingball anymore... Sucks. I'm thinking about selling stuff. Maybe just keep my RT-Pro and PGP.

Doesn't sound like anyone in Minnesota is playing paingball anymore... Sucks. I'm thinking about selling stuff. Maybe just keep my RT-Pro and PGP.
    paintball definitely isn't the same any more. maybe it's the new tournament rules/format, or perhaps a "certain year lull". oh well, paintball used to be fun, once upon a time......

Just traveled with my team to SD for the I29 series, the first event, had two lines. I unfortunately am on the injury reserve =P But my devilmag still shoots good at practice!

But I would have to agree, things aren't the same as they used to be, even from 2 - 3 years ago, much has changed in minnesota

I am from SW MN and several guys including myself all shoot 'Mags. we just returned from OK DDay.

lots of automags around the splat tag area. larry has several, i sometimes shoot mine, and i forgot who but one of the other older guys rocks a mag quite a bit.

Larry, "Farmland Larry"? Maybe I can get out one of these weekends before the snow flies...

lots of automags around the splat tag area. larry has several, i sometimes shoot mine, and i forgot who but one of the other older guys rocks a mag quite a bit.

i think that is Goodie that you are speaking of.

Quote Originally Posted by death594
    i think that is Goodie that you are speaking of.
    goodie has some mags too.

small informal game in SW Minnesota on Sept 18 if anyone interested. bring your own stuff. pm me if interested or want more info. most of my teammates and I run 'mags and always l;ike to meet more 'mag owners.