Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

Quote Originally Posted by BobDoleIsMyHero
    Wow. I am glad to hear that there are several other AOers in MN. I also play at FSL from time to time. If anyone wants to head up there let me know. I would go more often but most of my friends don't play. Good shootn'.
    Ya, if possible I'll shoot for June 5th Giant Big Game, I'll be happy if I can get in 4 good full days of play before it gets steamy hot with bugs and the wife delivers our babe.

I have a few friends that practice weekly at SYO or FSL.

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

Best day of paintball I have everhad outdoors was out in Hudson before the leaves, bugs and heat came. That place is almost like 'nam in June and July.
    Marker Set up:
    E-Mag_________DataPimp69 Quick Disconnect rail
    X-Valve________Rougeclamp feedneck
    Dynaflow 201___Evil pipe kit 14"
    Halo B _________Karta body, Aced
    Big thanks to Havoc_online and Tunaman for the help too. A+ Service.

A few summers ago was invited to a renegade private field, it was August. I grabbed nippinout here and rode up there. I think we got about 3 hours of play in before everyone was fully eaten up by mosquitoes. Damn woods was less than a mile away from swamp.

The Specialforces game II is buggy too and sometimes damn hot. Thats why I like Sams so much. Early and late season, no bugs. The 700+ people is nice too.

anyone else here try out for fsl factory last weekend? if you were there i was the guy in the drugrug and the only one not in a jersey. i was playing horribly cause i was really really hungover, so i doubt i made it.
    WAS'ed angel speed

I know of another that went out. He would have been shooting a new Evil Pimp. I don't think he made it either because he posted somewhere else that he was looking to start another team. We will see about that.
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

doah! I can't beleive I missed this thread!!!
    Mostly (in fact I have never played speedball) woodsball is what I play, south centeral minnesota(right on the iowa border, small town of fairmont) I would love to go to giant game this year. . .but I have basic training to go to in fort sill 4 days after that and well, I don't know if I could pull something like that off-that and the guys I want to go with are going to be in arizona! But if anyone wants to do something in southern minnesota it would be awesome!

I will be playing at x-fire in St. Cloud, MN this Sunday April the 17th. I will be the one with the Blue Karta Emag.

Scenario Games

I sent in my registration for the Special Forces D-Day game yesterday. I am still trying to figure out if I will be able to make it out to the giantbiggame.

I haven't pre-ordered paint for the AO-WI event at PBSams. I'm still on the fence about making it out or not....

This weekend, I'm hoping to get out to Alamo. Last weekend would have been nice, other than the wind. I was unavoidably delayed...

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    I sent in my registration for the Special Forces D-Day game yesterday. I am still trying to figure out if I will be able to make it out to the giantbiggame.

I haven't pre-ordered paint for the AO-WI event at PBSams. I'm still on the fence about making it out or not....

This weekend, I'm hoping to get out to Alamo. Last weekend would have been nice, other than the wind. I was unavoidably delayed...
    Man, its been awile, but you have to pre-reg for Specialforces for the June 25th game? And paint for Sams can be pre-ordered with CC like the Tuesday before the event. Otherwise $100 a case at the door.

PS. You should change your profile location to:
    The Second Season: Road Construction...

If you do decide to go, just look in the grass parking for the horde of MN plates.

I'll be at the Special Forces big game on the 25th. Hopefully, my luck will change this year. I've been to three of their big games, and every year, I pick the team that gets its *** handed to it.

I didn't get out there at all last year, is that dog that plays catch with rocks still around?

I'm interested to see how this big game turns out. I wasn't a big fan of the "Bridge To Far" scenario. You know, we should almost try and get all of the AO guys on one side this year. I'm sure that I've shot at and been shot at by a lot of you there, so it would be nice to get to know you all.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMiniMe
    Man, its been awile, but you have to pre-reg for Specialforces for the June 25th game? And paint for Sams can be pre-ordered with CC like the Tuesday before the event. Otherwise $100 a case at the door.
    Yes, you have to pre-register for the Special Forces game, some of the units are already filled. My form was #88, I just got it and sent it back this week. $40 is the pre-registration fee.

Thanks for the info on Sams, It's good to know that I can make a decision with a week to go and still make it.

PS. You should change your profile location to:
    The Second Season: Road Construction...

If you do decide to go, just look in the grass parking for the horde of MN plates.

Road Construction? Where? I don't see any road construction. THEY ARE STILL IN DEMOLITION MODE!!! For it to be considered construction, they would have to be CONSTRUCTING something.

Wow, I'm glad to see so many AOers from MN. I dont get out to many events, but we play alot of woodsball and some fields up here in the sticks. Seems like most of you are quite south of me, but I will definitely keep watching this thread for anything coming up this summer.
    I've drunk mead from man-skulls...

I will be out at the first big game of the season at Splat Tag in Hudson WI this Sunday. My experiance from playing this early in the season last year was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos
    I will be out at the first big game of the season at Splat Tag in Hudson WI this Sunday. My experiance from playing this early in the season last year was great.
    I'll see you there.
    I'm playing as a guest of the MNRebels, hopefully the tank will be finished for the event. Find us as say hi. I should be the one in the group with a Viking or raw Emag.
    No bugs, sunny and 55. Should be a blast. I'm itching to play, only got the new marker out once after I got it late fall.
    I'll be sporting the AO flex hat.

That was a sweet day of paintballing. We smoked you hosers all day long. I was in that airplane hull for the last game twards the end of the round where we where being shot from every direction from 50 or so people and you still could not get us out.

Till I forgot to close the lid on my Halo and took a hit there. DOH!

Couldn't have sold your soul for better weather.

Also saw some sweet 'Mags including a Sydarm and a Tac-one.

That was a sweet day of paintballing. We smoked you hosers all day long. I was in that airplane hull for the last game twards the end of the round where we where being shot from every direction from 50 or so people and you still could not get us out.

Till I forgot to close the lid on my Halo and took a hit there. DOH!

Couldn't have sold your soul for better weather.

Also saw some sweet 'Mags including a Sydarm and a Tac-one.
    Did you see that sweet sweet Palmers Nasty Typhoon, setup for stock class feed too. He was a cool guy, if I see him again I'm asking to shoot it a game.

I'm out to Racine this weekend to freeze my balls apparently (nice snow we got today!), but should be out to Hudson the next scenario day, then up to Specialforces D-Day.

Did you see that sweet sweet Palmers Nasty Typhoon, setup for stock class feed too. He was a cool guy, if I see him again I'm asking to shoot it a game.

I'm out to Racine this weekend to freeze my balls apparently (nice snow we got today!), but should be out to Hudson the next scenario day, then up to Specialforces D-Day.
    Just signed up for the Hudson Giant Big Game!!! June 5, 600 players, starts at 9:00am, I'm planning to be there by 7:00am. I will see if I can find a flag so you can find me.

Just signed up for the Hudson Giant Big Game!!! June 5, 600 players, starts at 9:00am, I'm planning to be there by 7:00am. I will see if I can find a flag so you can find me.
    I did the Giant Big Game the last 2 years. Smurfing crazy, I hope they get organized and do halk the stuff they have talked about in the last couple of years. The medics were a great idea. Cut down on walking a mile back to base.

They where going to have a kill tag thing, you would get something like 3 physical tags that would count your "lives" like a video game. When someone would get hit if the killing player could get to his body and get his tag before about 1 min the killer would get a point and at the end of the day they would award prizes to people with alot of points. Also made people want to move up to claim thier kills. Also if a medic could get to a person that got hit with in that minute or so they could take the tag and check the person back in. So even if you get healed you still only have 3 lives. Then at the end of the day the medics with the most tags would get prizes.

I also love Terminators, not being one, but having them out there.

Bring lots and lots of water! Good hunting!

I did the Giant Big Game the last 2 years. Smurfing crazy, I hope they get organized and do halk the stuff they have talked about in the last couple of years. The medics were a great idea. Cut down on walking a mile back to base.

They where going to have a kill tag thing, you would get something like 3 physical tags that would count your "lives" like a video game. When someone would get hit if the killing player could get to his body and get his tag before about 1 min the killer would get a point and at the end of the day they would award prizes to people with alot of points. Also made people want to move up to claim thier kills. Also if a medic could get to a person that got hit with in that minute or so they could take the tag and check the person back in. So even if you get healed you still only have 3 lives. Then at the end of the day the medics with the most tags would get prizes.

I also love Terminators, not being one, but having them out there.

Bring lots and lots of water! Good hunting!

Three lives...Some could go through that by lunch...

I'm thinking about heading out to ST for their pump events. Did I mention FREE pump events? Free entry, free air, free co2(not 12 grams), free paint (200 rounds). Good way to get some work in with the Phantom... Work on some schkillz rather than hosing...

Three lives...Some could go through that by lunch...

Sorry, per 90 min (I think) round. Still if youi are in a hot spot you couls burn your lives pretty quick.

That makes more sense. I've not played either big games before.

Minnesota Maggers

3 more Mags from Minnesota here.

I have an E-mag and a Devilmag on the way.

I just sold my RT PRO to my GF brother.

My GF has an RT ULE and E-mag.

We play at http://www.joespaintballplatoon.com
    west metro area

Check out the website, on the home page there is a picture of my girlfriend and I in Action Pursuit Games Feb. and March Edition with our Emags in Joliet, IL Shatnerball 04 weekend.

I have that edition. I wondered in that picture, are you holding onto the Warp with your off hand? I've been thinking about getting one for my X-Mag, but haven't been able to determine what it will do to my shooting profile.

How are the people out at Joes? How often do you get out to play there? I'm currently floating between the new X-Ball field at APPG in Jordan and Alamo out in Young America.

I have that edition. I wondered in that picture, are you holding onto the Warp with your off hand? I've been thinking about getting one for my X-Mag, but haven't been able to determine what it will do to my shooting profile.

How are the people out at Joes? How often do you get out to play there? I'm currently floating between the new X-Ball field at APPG in Jordan and Alamo out in Young America.
    I usually wrap my arm around the warp on my left side and use the battery as the grip, but in that picure I'm holding the warp for some reason. Your profile is second to none, you can do way more things with a warped gun. I play rec, woods, speedball, most anything and you can always figure some new way to utilize the warp. Shoot sideways, smaller/odd shape places. My girlfriend even uses one her RT ULE.

The Atmosphere out at Joe's is pretty layed back, safe, and fun. We have an open play coming up June 4th. Come check it out, you'll like it. We are still developing the area but it is coming along very well.
    Last edited by Mechanic79; 05-13-2005 at 07:39 PM. Reason: clearer message

Special Forces Big Game

You are going to the Special Forces Big Game too?!?! What side are you going to be on? I'm signed up for the German Panzer Division.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    You are going to the Special Forces Big Game too?!?! What side are you going to be on? I'm signed up for the German Panzer Division.
    I was registrant #88, so I got into the German infantry division; I haven't heard back from them since I sent in the form, so I was thinking that I would call just to be certain they received it. I'm also already registered for the giantbiggame out at SplatTag in Hudson.

My SpecialOps Fusion gear should be here today!

Yeah, I still have my registration card but am seeing if I can just be added in the the MN Rebels group who are bringing a tank.

I was registrant #88, so I got into the German infantry division; I haven't heard back from them since I sent in the form, so I was thinking that I would call just to be certain they received it. I'm also already registered for the giantbiggame out at SplatTag in Hudson.

My SpecialOps Fusion gear should be here today!
    Sweet Deal! We are on the same side! in the panzer division we have atleast 12 people with megaguns and experience. there will 25 of us total supporting the infantry division. I hope I get my Devilmag in time. If not, I will use my Warped Emag.

I've played splat tag many times a few years back. and a couple of the big games. It's really great out there and Darrin and the Staff are great! I want to go for an open play again but will pass on the Big Game. Too big for me. I just heard an advertsiment on 93.7 today for splat tag. I'm glad Darrin, Splat Tag are doing so well. They are just what MN and WI need for promoting paintball.

See you out at Special Forces June 25!

Yeah, I still have my registration card but am seeing if I can just be added in the the MN Rebels group who are bringing a tank.
    Is that the tank that was out at special forces last year? did it have gun issues?
    I'm sure Jeff will let in the game with the tank group. He's a great guy. I know one year people showed up and he still let them play even though they weren't registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    Sweet Deal! We are on the same side! in the panzer division we have atleast 12 people with megaguns and experience. there will 25 of us total supporting the infantry division. I hope I get my Devilmag in time. If not, I will use my Warped Emag.

I've played splat tag many times a few years back. and a couple of the big games. It's really great out there and Darrin and the Staff are great! I want to go for an open play again but will pass on the Big Game. Too big for me. I just heard an advertsiment on 93.7 today for splat tag. I'm glad Darrin, Splat Tag are doing so well. They are just what MN and WI need for promoting paintball.

See you out at Special Forces June 25!
    So far, I'm not aware of anyone from my clan that's planning to show up. I'm probably just going to be shooting my ULE RT. I'm still debating on getting e-Mag Lowers for it. I might just get another X-Mag.

I thought it was strange to hear ST as part of the "Spice up the Night" club on 93X as well. I agree that it is good, I just wish they weren't so far away from my house!! I love their Pump days! I'm trying to schedule a time to head out to Joes as well. This weekend is a paintball free weekend. Not that I have anything else to do... Next Sunday, I'm heading out to ActionPackedPaintballGames in Jordan.