Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

JRINGOLD,..............LOL. I didnt know I had a clan. Kinda makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. I had a great time spraying paint with everybody. It was really good to see Darrin and Chris out there playing. See everyone again in August at the next Big Game.

No misquito bites on me at all! woo hoo!
    The german's also lost about 10 well-rounded players (and guns) from East Bethal. They left early around 3:45.

We had a great time, ripped the tent but at least Fleet Farm exchanged it No trouble! My warp switch broke so I had to re-hard-wire it. Then adjust level 10 then my egg decided not too feed. ARGH!
    I don't care much for eliminator paint. it swelled something nasty and it's rubbery and inconsistant.
    I need to find a place that sells some descent paint for reasonable prices.

Anyhow, we will be at the Special Forces Big Game in August and the Splat Tag Giant Big Game in September.

Hope to see everyone there again and with no gun trouble be able to socialize more!

Mechanic79

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    No misquito bites on me at all! woo hoo!
    The german's also lost about 10 well-rounded players (and guns) from East Bethal. They left early around 3:45.

We had a great time, ripped the tent but at least Fleet Farm exchanged it No trouble! My warp switch broke so I had to re-hard-wire it. Then adjust level 10 then my egg decided not too feed. ARGH!
    I don't care much for eliminator paint. it swelled something nasty and it's rubbery and inconsistant.
    I need to find a place that sells some descent paint for reasonable prices.

Anyhow, we will be at the Special Forces Big Game in August and the Splat Tag Giant Big Game in September.

Hope to see everyone there again and with no gun trouble be able to socialize more!

Mechanic79
    I don't know how you managed to come out of the woods without bites...you must have been too ripe for them to deal with (I know I felt sorry for myself on the ride home...)

Corky's Clan??!! Oh my...

Plug - that warm fuzzy feeling is just your head swelling. Just kidding - you'll always be my favorite cocker owner

I would like to say that I had a blast taking photos for Jeff and Darrin. Getting to play with Darrin and Chris was a blast too! I have to admit that being on the Axis side was one of my better decisions. I just can't get over the score...48 to 14 - dang. Even with the numbers against us, we managed to own the allied forces all day (with the exception of the beach - it's like you guys were obsessed!)

Everyone was great and I think this was the first year that i didn't witness any poor sportsmanship. After taking pics for a few years I've seen my fair share of angry players, but Saturday was the exception!

J has one of the sweetest mags on the face of the planet! He even let me shoot it - woo whoo!!

I hope to see more AO folks at the next MN event!

Chem

Chem..........You will always be my favorite chick in the clan.

Hey all...

Soon to be a new Mag owner (bought a Tac One from SpecOps). I've heard so many good things about them that I had to give them a try.

I've probaly seen many of you at the local games (I'm a Wild Bunch member), but haven't really had the chance to introduce myself to many people as of yet. I'm fairly new to the sport, but I'm really enjoying the welts

On a side note, if you all enjoy playing at Splat Tag, my team will be hosting a charity game there on August 7 this year, with all the proceeds going to continuing the search for a cure to Huntington's Disease. This will be a scenario game comparable to some of the bigger national events... come on out and play some ball, and help out a good cause to boot.

For details and more info, please visit Hunt For The Cure

Quote Originally Posted by Plug
    I will be in my customary white T Shirt.
    I liked the red one better!
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

AGD Tech

Does anyone know of a good reputable AGD Tech in Minnesota??? I just don't have the time to tweak and tune these days. I'm already sending my RT-Pro out to NJ (Tuna is going to take a look at it) since I'm not playing much in this heat and humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    Does anyone know of a good reputable AGD Tech in Minnesota??? I just don't have the time to tweak and tune these days. I'm already sending my RT-Pro out to NJ (Tuna is going to take a look at it) since I'm not playing much in this heat and humidity.
    Try PMing Hexis here on AO. He's part of why I play paintball and the reason my first marker was a Mag a few years ago. He's not official or anything, but worked some magic on my mech and emag before. He's owned mags since the early 90s and I'd go to him before any MN AGD dealers. He might be hella busy moving now though.

YES, it is hot as Hades. Damn this summer has been hotter than the last 10 I recall. Can't wait for the portable air conditioner to show up at home. No central air (have a window unit) and my computer is melting.

/sad no overclocked Panda

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

Depending on what you're looking for and already have the parts I've done my share of mods and fixes including, Emag, RT PRO, RT ULE, Warp, Level X, ULT, etc...
    I've been working with mags since 2000.

Let me know what you had in mind.

Thanks for the replies. It nothing major, I just don't have the time for the little things. Well and my wife won't let me cycle the marker in the house because it's "too loud". On the RT-Pro that's heading to Tuna, I'm having him re-adjust the ULT and the Level 10. There's been a slight leak from the ULT since the Special Forces game, and I still haven't had the time to look at it. It's not like it's a rush, since I haven't even had time to play lately. It's one of those things, if I know it's not going to work when I go out next, it just sits in the back of my mind and makes me angry.

I just didn't know if there was actually any AGD techs in Minnesota. Maybe we should take up a collection and send someone...

If Mechanic or the other guy can't help, you might want to check with GDX Paintball (http://www.grudaddy.com) in Eagan. GDX had their own mech mag for a while. I haven't had anything done to my Emag there but Brad (the owner) has always been helpful and friendly. I know Mechanic has a lot of parts as he's helped me with some stuff before but if you're looking for a store, I'd check there and see what they can do for you.

'bote
    in midst of fire The hellish monster flew; and passing onwards to the Quire He many people slew Deliver us, O Lord from the fury of the Northmen

Well Hexis helped me completely break down my old X-valve. And I mean completely, as in gutted, stripped down to the two aluminum halves so they could be reanodized. The powertube tip was monster loctited on too. Boiling water for 15 minutes and a strapwrench/channel lock. And of course put back in order after ano with full level 10 and ULT with no leaks or shortstroke problems.

Otherwise I'm sure there are plenty of MN non official techs that are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    Depending on what you're looking for and already have the parts I've done my share of mods and fixes including, Emag, RT PRO, RT ULE, Warp, Level X, ULT, etc...
    I've been working with mags since 2000.

Let me know what you had in mind.
    As soon as I get all of the air line and fittings in, I'll be hunting you down for some Level 10 assistance. For the most part, I just don't have the time to play with it and it's worth paying to have it done for me. I think I'm developing ADD in my old age... Maybe it's the effect of my 2yr.old?

I think I'm developing ADD in my old age... Maybe it's the effect of my 2yr.old?
    Same boat, add to 19 month old, one 9 month preggers wife with this 95 and humid weather.

/head
    //wall
    ///bang

Micro, at least you're getting some relief from the heat and humidity!!

Mech, look for an e-mail from me shortly. Once I get the line and fittings for the new X, I'm planning to seek you out for Level 10 tuning. I just can't find the time to mess with it. I guess that's what I get for getting a new job...

J - are you planning on going out to the special forces big game? If so, we are going to be on axis again and this time we are doing shirts for the clan! I'm scoping out some cheap hawaiian shirts or i'm entertaining doing some tye-dying (sp?) let me know if you want in!

Rowebote!!! OMFG you're alive!!! It's been far too long. You have to see my rt ule - it's red, just like my emag! the trigger pull is so light it walks almost as fast as my emag (almost...nothing can top the emag )

If anyone else is interesting in joining "Jesse's Crazy Bastards" aka Corky's Clan for special forces big game, then pm me your shirt size and we'll sign you up for the clan!

Chem

Quote Originally Posted by chem
    J - are you planning on going out to the special forces big game? If so, we are going to be on axis again and this time we are doing shirts for the clan! I'm scoping out some cheap hawaiian shirts or i'm entertaining doing some tye-dying (sp?) let me know if you want in!

If anyone else is interesting in joining "Jesse's Crazy Bastards" aka Corky's Clan for special forces big game, then pm me your shirt size and we'll sign you up for the clan!

Chem
    Chem - I'm still TRYING to get my wife to buy into the idea that I've been really stressed out with the new J-O-B lately (I mean hell, I only put in 41 hours before Friday morning.) and that I really need to get out and play. So far I'm not registered, and I think it might be too late to register, I will e-mail Jeff and see if there is still space and get back to you...

Otherwise, instead of putting baseboards in my house the weekend in August that my wife is out of town, I'm going to be playing some paintball... Maybe I'll head out to Joes...

Ok, two events going on tomorrow in the Cities.

Special Forces is having round two of the Operation Overloard. Since my wife didn't give me the OK to play all day paintball until this morning, I won't be attending that one.

Pump day at SplatTag for pump owners. I'm planning to head out there for this one. Mostly because I want to take the Phantom out of the case and get some paint through it.

Who all is going to the fall giant big game (sept 18th?)? I for one plan on being there with igotu from the forums here. Anyone from AO MN should play as a squad or something for at least part of the game.
    Z-man - "I would say we are not so much proud as...viscously loyal. Dissing AGD in earshot of AO is like throwing rocks at a bees nest... a big bees nest... with millions of freaking bees that have modded AI software, maneuverability upgrades and rocket launchers."

the Best Page in the Universe
    My Ebay Feedback
    My Feedback

I am planning to be at that game. I love fall paintball...

Chem, what are your thoughts? Micro? Anyone else.

I'm planning for the GBG in September, and then probably Special Forces in October.

I love fall paintball...

Chem, what are your thoughts? Micro? Anyone else.

I'm planning for the GBG in September, and then probably Special Forces in October.
    Same here for those two. The Rebels *should* have the tank out from now on. And I hear Wild Bunch have a rocket launcher in the works.

Minnesota Baller

Morning everyone! I'm new to the forums and pretty darn new to paintball. I'm on my way home from a military deployment. I'm in the middle of a long layover in Indiana which is what's stopping me from getting started on paintball a lot sooner.

I've hooked up a friend or two with the camo and overseas patches and all that good stuff. I've looked at their markers and been a little interested. Now I want to play and put my camo's t good use instead of just letting them sit in the closet.

I'd like to make it home for the Giant Big Game in September but we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySyko
    Morning everyone! I'm new to the forums and pretty darn new to paintball. I'm on my way home from a military deployment. I'm in the middle of a long layover in Indiana which is what's stopping me from getting started on paintball a lot sooner.

I've hooked up a friend or two with the camo and overseas patches and all that good stuff. I've looked at their markers and been a little interested. Now I want to play and put my camo's t good use instead of just letting them sit in the closet.

I'd like to make it home for the Giant Big Game in September but we'll see how it goes.
    Welcome back!
    ====================
    Splat Tag is having "Giant Big Game IX" on Sunday, Sept 18, 2005. www.giantgame.com

500 Players!
    8 Hours of action!
    5 Tippmann A-5's for Prizes + a lot more great stuff!

This is a BYOP event!

Entry includes C02 and HP Air refills!
    There will be more C02 refilling lines for players and we will have two (2) HP Compressors putting out over 20CFM.

A big Vendor will be on site.

All players will also receive a free Giant Big Game IV patch.

Game goes from 9am to 5pm. Prize drawing at 5:30pm and includes Tippmann A-5's.

For more information check out www.giantgame.com or call 651-488-7700
    ======================
    We should try to coordinate and see how many Mags we can get on the same team. I registered this afternoon.

Hey! I haven't exactly posted much over here on AO, but I plan on attending this event-I'm brining along about 8 people from southern minnesota so expect to see me there, I may need to get a new patch made for my copsvest right now though, it says A5OG on the back. . .maby AO Army would be better huh?

Big Games

I'm in for the Splat Tag Giant Big Game September 18.

I will be at the next 2 Special Forces Big Games as well September 25 and October 23.

Pictures from the August SFPB Big Game are up at http://www.mnpig.com

Mechanic79
    ( Jringold, How's the Xmag treating you? Where were you Thursday (today) for wings? )

Cameras and More

So I'm looking at all of the stills from Operation Overlord and whatnot. I've been thinking this: Has anyone video recording to put something together? I've done some different military projects and other pieces for our Family Rediness Group. Has anyone done anything for Minnesota paintball?

I'm not in for SFBG in September. Hockey season is starting, so I've got a bit of cash to shell out for season tickets to the Wild and I need to get a few new pieces of Goalie Equipment. Mech, you and Chem like hockey, perhaps we can head to a Wild game? They start playing September 17. And I need to get paint for the GBG... Too much going on in September...

As far as shooting the X-Mag; that would require air. I have four tanks and not a single one of them has enough air in them to shoot. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to take a run into Jordan on Sunday and get some filled. I have four markers sitting around here, two just had some work done on them and the only one I can shoot is the Phantom, because all I have is 12-grams. One good thing is that I did get my '02 Conquest adjustable regulator for my 92/4500 tank working this week!!

Wings, um? Well I haven't had the time to check that e-mail address. I'll let you know this week if I can make it this Thursday. Next Thursday is also a possibility, I just have to figure out what's going on with Hockey and work.

For the GBG, is four cases enough? I'm thinking about getting some cheap from some on-line placed, I just don't want to buy too little. I'm not about to go and pay $60/case for GBG.

I'm not in for SFBG in September. Hockey season is starting, so I've got a bit of cash to shell out for season tickets to the Wild and I need to get a few new pieces of Goalie Equipment. Mech, you and Chem like hockey, perhaps we can head to a Wild game? They start playing September 17. And I need to get paint for the GBG... Too much going on in September...

As far as shooting the X-Mag; that would require air. I have four tanks and not a single one of them has enough air in them to shoot. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to take a run into Jordan on Sunday and get some filled. I have four markers sitting around here, two just had some work done on them and the only one I can shoot is the Phantom, because all I have is 12-grams. One good thing is that I did get my '02 Conquest adjustable regulator for my 92/4500 tank working this week!!

Wings, um? Well I haven't had the time to check that e-mail address. I'll let you know this week if I can make it this Thursday. Next Thursday is also a possibility, I just have to figure out what's going on with Hockey and work.

For the GBG, is four cases enough? I'm thinking about getting some cheap from some on-line placed, I just don't want to buy too little. I'm not about to go and pay $60/case for GBG.
    Purchase your paint from http://www.firstcallpaintball.com buy in 4 case increments and get free shipping. prices seem comparable to actionvillage.com Don't buy any All Star, Extrememly hard shell.
    More paint is better than not enough.

I have added your contact info to my address book so I can call you next time as well as email!

Let me know about your X-mag and if you need any adjustments again or not.

Hockey is cool, we could make a game I'm sure. Walking distance from here. mostly in the skyway!
    Mechanic79

I ended up buying four cases of Ultra Evil left overs from the last PSP event at some good prices. That means I will have 4 3/4 cases coming with me. That should be enough, well if I clean out that bag with the broken ball in it.

I'm going to get four tanks filled tomorrow, so I will be able to let you know on the adjustments. It's still a little stronger pull than my other one, but I can't tell because I'm just pulling to see where the pull trips the HES.

I ended up buying four cases of Ultra Evil left overs from the last PSP event at some good prices. That means I will have 4 3/4 cases coming with me. That should be enough, well if I clean out that bag with the broken ball in it.

I'm going to get four tanks filled tomorrow, so I will be able to let you know on the adjustments. It's still a little stronger pull than my other one, but I can't tell because I'm just pulling to see where the pull trips the HES.

I can't stress enough that the pull may be harder/longer whatever, but you HAVE TO SHOOT it with paint. it really does effect the overall feel. Dry firing is different than just pulling the trigger not gassed up as shooting paint vs. not shooting paint. Chem and I can actually shoot our guns faster shooting paint than dry firing. it has a totally different feel.

Get ready to throw some paint!

sorry this is worded odd but I'm in a hurry!
    Mechanic79