Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySyko
    So I'm looking at all of the stills from Operation Overlord and whatnot. I've been thinking this: Has anyone video recording to put something together? I've done some different military projects and other pieces for our Family Rediness Group. Has anyone done anything for Minnesota paintball?
    No one has ever done video out there for the public. I think Splat Tag has done something though. The equipment is too expensive to get shot out of the hands of most people. Also consider the time it would take to edit everything, it would be consuming.

It would be cool if someone had the time, knowledge, equipment etc....
    Just ask Chem, she gets shot at more when she has her camera on the field than when she has her E-mag!

... I think people like to shoot at things that don't shoot back!

Mechanic79
    Last edited by Mechanic79; 09-10-2005 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    It would be cool if someone had the time, knowledge, equipment etc....
    Just ask Chem, she gets shot at more when she has her camera on the field than when she has her E-mag! I think people like to shoot at things that don't shoot back!
    Mechanic79
    Wow, yeah, I think that's a possibility. Someone made a butt stock rig for their DVD camcorder so they could use it like an M4 and record the action as if he was actually tracking something with it. I thought I could work on the paintball field. Maybe a bright green jersey and a three-foot halo or something would keep from them being used as an obstacle.

Wow, yeah, I think that's a possibility. Someone made a butt stock rig for their DVD camcorder so they could use it like an M4 and record the action as if he was actually tracking something with it. I thought I could work on the paintball field. Maybe a bright green jersey and a three-foot halo or something would keep from them being used as an obstacle.
    Or just give them a shield. Some of us wear bright green on the paintball field. We like to call it "referee camouflage". Orange works too! Hawaiian shirts, not too well..
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    Or just give them a shield. Some of us wear bright green on the paintball field. We like to call it "referee camouflage". Orange works too! Hawaiian shirts, not too well..
    WE SHOOT BACK

H-13

So there is less than two weeks to the next Operation Overlord event in Buffalo. That could possibly be my first paintball experience. I suppose it might be too late to get in? My plan is to e-mail them in a bit.

So there is less than two weeks to the next Operation Overlord event in Buffalo. That could possibly be my first paintball experience. I suppose it might be too late to get in? My plan is to e-mail them in a bit.
    Hmm, two weeks away. That could be a problem. I need to scale back a little bit. I bought three new markers since January, a plethora of HPA tanks and accessories and I just got back into Hockey on Thursday nights. I'm almost thinking that Sunday at the GBG will be my last "event" for the year. Mostly because the NHL is back on this year also!!

I've half a mind to sell a marker or two... But that's just a passing thought when I start to add things up. Then I look at my wife's mini-van that completely surpasses the cost of all of the toys I bought this year, not just paintball and hockey equipment and Wild season tickets. Now I know why I didn't buy myself a new truck this year...

Back on topic, Chem, Mech, what's the plan for Sunday? I was originally planning to arrive at ST very early and get a good parking spot, make breakfast out there and wait for things to get started.

Hpa

Hmm, two weeks away. That could be a problem. I need to scale back a little bit. I bought three new markers since January, a plethora of HPA tanks and accessories and I just got back into Hockey on Thursday nights. I'm almost thinking that Sunday at the GBG will be my last "event" for the year. Mostly because the NHL is back on this year also!!
    Let me know if you're looking at letting an HPA tank go. I want to convert my A-5 if I get into playing a bit.

i am kinda late to post but i am another paintballin minnesotan!!!!

Evenin'

Hi there! That's why this thread never closes. I'm pretty new myself and it's good to see someone else. Feel welcome and hello to the boards.

Wow, I started this thread 2 YEARS AGO!!!

and people are STILL posting here!!!

WOW!
    minimag, Dallara body/rail, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10, Intelliframe, 12V revvy, JT speedpods, Freak Barrels

My Mini
    My j-spec Probe and my newest toy, '75 Corvette Stingray!!

Long live Minnesota!
    I'm going to hit up my first tournament on saturday in Annandale(sp?). Anyone else going to be there?
    Z-man - "I would say we are not so much proud as...viscously loyal. Dissing AGD in earshot of AO is like throwing rocks at a bees nest... a big bees nest... with millions of freaking bees that have modded AI software, maneuverability upgrades and rocket launchers."

the Best Page in the Universe
    My Ebay Feedback
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpy
    Long live Minnesota!
    I'm going to hit up my first tournament on saturday in Annandale(sp?). Anyone else going to be there?
    Nope, my dallara supermag project is still on the back burner...

my '75 corvette is on the front burner!

So i think it's warrented to take a small hiatus from paintball.

hey minnesota people and anybody around Worthington. I believe nate (field owner) is opening up the field on sunday for open play, Xball bronze is $43 a case. he runs the field for affordability (if this is even a word) for the players, not to make a huge profit. watch the NPUC forums http://www.ultimatecrown.org/phpbb/index.php for any updates, in the pb talk section.

I agree, LONG LIVE MINNESOTA!!!
    talk to me on aim - mattthebest30
    or msn messenger - mattthebest_30@hotmail.com

Long live Minnesota!
    me

Anyone here go to the big game i saw a few mags there.

Rock on Minnesotians
    If God was a fly would you kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotu
    me

Rock on Minnesotians
    I was there - infact weren't you the guy that lives up the street from me?

Quote Originally Posted by Igotu
    me

Rock on Minnesotians
    I was there. All three of my Mags saw action. I had to switch from the Pewter to the Black/Green X-Mag around noon due to Halo issues. I loaned out my RT-Pro.

I'm going to commit to the SFBG on October 25 later this week. Who else is in for that? Picking Germans, mostly because boat landings don't appeal to me, and I want to be hosing all day.

If there really is a Boondocks, USA, I've found it.
    I am from Minnesota as well. I really only play at friends houses and what not. We've got a good droup of 20 or so people that play. Almost every time we play, my friend and I get comments about or mags. They are amazed that we would spend so much time and money into the things....

The ShadowMag
    Automag RT Black
    Intelliframe
    AGD 68/3k Flatline
    Kapp Drop Zone 3
    Proconnect
    12v Revvy
    Warp w/ 12v mod, LED, and on/off switch
    Dye Boomstick

Sunday, Special Forces Big Game, Buffalo, MN. AXIS side is still open, and based on the rule changes, we will need all the assistance we can get. Bring your Mag, bring a friend. $40 covers playing and all day air. Field opens at 7:30, game on at 9:00. BYOP and Paint available. Go to http://www.specialforcespaintball.com/link2.htm to e-mail and request a registration form, and bring it with you...

I'm currently probable for an appearance, due to a knee injury, but I am hoping to get out and play.

Well, I finally got off my bum and started working on my mag again.

I got my new feedneck, and macrolines.

Now I just need to fix my dropforward, get my tank hydro tested, and the Dallara body annodized (because Colin from Deadlywind doesn't return e-mails anymore) and tune up the valve/lvl10 bolt/ult because i havn't even shot it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Splat
    Well, I finally got off my bum and started working on my mag again.

I got my new feedneck, and macrolines.

Now I just need to fix my dropforward, get my tank hydro tested, and the Dallara body annodized (because Colin from Deadlywind doesn't return e-mails anymore) and tune up the valve/lvl10 bolt/ult because i havn't even shot it yet.

Oh great, first Chris from devilmag doesn't return emails and know Colin doesn't either? Oh the demise of the automag is upon us. I haven't even received notice If I'll ever get my $1400 custom (by my specifications) devilmag.

OK, OK I can admit, I went a bit overboard on the above paragraph. Chris IS trying to push through his mistakes/misfortunes. AND, I need to breathe......
    Last edited by Mechanic79; 03-03-2006 at 11:05 PM.

Oh great, first Chris from devilmag doesn't return emails and know Colin doesn't either? Oh the demise of the automag is upon us. I haven't even received notice If I'll ever get my $1400 custom (by my specifications) devilmag.
    You should have just got an X-mag. Less expensive and probably performs in a similar fashion... I might have one for sale to a good home... maybe...

How was the SFBG? As good as the first? Did they change any more rules? Did the Allies win AGAIN?

You should have just got an X-mag. Less expensive and probably performs in a similar fashion... I might have one for sale to a good home... maybe...

How was the SFBG? As good as the first? Did they change any more rules? Did the Allies win AGAIN?

I didn't make it out to the SFBG unfortunately.

I wanted a totally custom one-of-a-kind gun and the devilmag seemed to fit what I was looking for. 90º grip, custom anno, dallara body/rail. I already have an E-mag so I'm not really in the market for an X-mag. Though I would be if I didn't have my E-mag.

I didn't make it out to the SFBG unfortunately.

I wanted a totally custom one-of-a-kind gun and the devilmag seemed to fit what I was looking for. 90º grip, custom anno, dallara body/rail. I already have an E-mag so I'm not really in the market for an X-mag. Though I would be if I didn't have my E-mag.
    Joes is having the salvage yard game coming up soon???

Yeah, but if you wanted an X-Mag, chances are, you'd have it already!

How's that coming, btw?

Joes is having the salvage yard game coming up soon???

Yeah, but if you wanted an X-Mag, chances are, you'd have it already!

How's that coming, btw?
    http://www.joespaintballplatoon.com
    this weekend Salvage Yard game.

Someone will have to shoot PLUG for me since I will be out of town :-)

Who knows when i'll get the devilmag. I've actually sent chris an email recently stating to forget anno'ing it (since they messed it up once already) refund the anno money and get my gun DONE!

Check it out http://www.airassaultpaintball.com/ They have "open paintball" in the evenings. I'm thinking I might make it out on Thursdays from now on... NPPL certified indoor field.

There's a pretty good write up on MN-PIG as well...
    http://www.mnpig.com/minnesota/paint..._paintball.htm

Devilmag in progress...

Devilmag Preview... *All Rights Reserved. (You can't use this image, anywhere, without my permission. Thank you, have a nice day.)

[IMG]Bstewart_DM.jpg[/IMG]

If this IMG thing doesn't work check out the link here:
    http://kemicalreaction.com/Bstewart_DM.jpg

Mechanic79

Dude, that is going to be sweet. Great anno choice. So is there even a projected release date???

You've been waiting for ever to get that thing.

When are you planning to get out an play again? I hear that thunderalley in princeton is pretty sweet for an urban indoor field. http://www.indoorspeed.com/paintball.htm I haven't been there yet.

I've also heard that Air Assault was supposed to be the premium indopor speedball place. Again, not been there. http://www.airassaultpaintball.com/

Perhaps we can organize an AO-MN outing?

Dude, that is going to be sweet. Great anno choice. So is there even a projected release date???

When are you planning to get out an play again? I hear that thunderalley in princeton is pretty sweet for an urban indoor field. http://www.indoorspeed.com/paintball.htm I haven't been there yet.

I've also heard that Air Assault was supposed to be the premium indopor speedball place. Again, not been there. http://www.airassaultpaintball.com/

Hexis here has tried Airassualt I think. Seemed OK, toss up with FSL depending on what was closer.

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

I know it won't be until April'ish before I'm ready for paintball again. (It's still snowboarding season).
    PLUG, has been coaxing for indoor paintball, however, I haven't made it yet. I still haven't played indoor since I started paintball in 1999. I wish it was BYOP.

NO release date on the devilmag. Solenoid issues... WGP Black Magic solenoids may be the answer... I will have my gun this season, mechanical if need be. I ordered feb./march'ish 2005. and from the start I didn't want this project to go over a year. I'm perplexed that GA-Devil is still trying, slow as it might be, but trying none-the-less. I will be waiting with my eyes open and won't be holding my breath.

Mechanic79

Still snowboarding season? Sure, in Northern Minnesota, Michigan and the Rockies. I have the same problem with hockey, but with indoor ice, there isn't an end to hockey season.

I would like to get up to Thunder Alley one of these Saturday nights. It's tough to decide between hockey and paintball. Hockey usually wins, because that's free. I can't see buying new paint when i have four cases sitting on my shelf here from the end of last season.