Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

Quote Originally Posted by Plug
    I check in just about everyday. I am hoping to get Mechanic79 and Chem out to Thunder Alley come January.
    Sounds sweet. I haven't been there, and haven't heard from them since the arrival.

Seems that things have slowed down a bit.
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Well, it's a new year. Anyone from the AOMN want to do a get together this year?

Post up some thoughts and ideas as to where and when...

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eye
    Well, it's a new year. Anyone from the AOMN want to do a get together this year?

Post up some thoughts and ideas as to where and when...
    Everyone still hibernating?...

Look for alot of us at the first Big Game at Special Forces.

i might even make it to that
    -fully upped mech mag (magzilla) www.havoc-online.com
    -upped 68 mag (class) My Feedback AIM = nate2k191
    -live in peace TK-
    AO-TX

Quote Originally Posted by nate2k191
    i might even make it to that

Hibernating? Well maybe during that long cold snap where it didn't get above zero a few days. Things are looking muddy for playing this weekend, well unless we get that snow they're talking about.

I'm hoping that I can get out to some omew of the big games this year... Plans seemed to have fallen apart last year.

I am a little bit late coming into this thread.

My name is Bryan, I go by the name of Bones on MCB and MNpig.
    I live in Eden Prairie, Minnesota (20 minutes south-west of Minneapolis).
    I play at Air Assault in the winter, and Splat-Tag, Special Forces, and Action Packed in the summer.

I am a member of Farmland Paintball Club.
    I don't own an Automag right now, but that is my next purchase.
    Right now I shoot a PGP and an E-cocker with a CCM pump kit.
    I have a Trilogy Pro, but I will probably sell or trade that away.

What do you guys think of this set-up:
    RT-ULE Custom
    ULE Center Feed (Nickel)
    Blade Intelliframe (Nickel)
    ULE Kit

That set-up will accept cocker threaded barrels correct?

Yes, any AGD ULE body will be cocker threads.

Welcome to AO. I am not a Farmlander member(yet), but I did go to a bunch of there Wednesday night pump games, and I was on there team for the second Giant Big and Splat-Tag last year

Your set-up sounds very nice. A bit too much buffing of the chrome for me though. I like my mags like I like my coffee. Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1099
    I like my mags like I like my coffee. Black.

I also like black markers, I am not sure if I am going black or chrome yet.
    From what I understand the ULT kit is an ASA correct?
    So if I have that installed will I still need macro fittings or does it come with it?

It is going to cost about 500 dollars shipped, so I might part out my E-1 and put a slider frame on my cocker to help pay for it.

Is anyone interested in a E-1 with complete front-block?

Maybe I misunderstand you, but an ULT (Ultra Light Trigger) is an on/off that is "tuned" with shims. It helps to shoot fast, they are great.

An ULE (Ultra Light Engineering) is an aluminum body for the Mag, that has cocker barrel threads, and Angel feedneck threads. For me, an expensive must.

In any case they do not refer to an ASA.

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy27007

I also like black markers, I am not sure if I am going black or chrome yet.
    From what I understand the ULT kit is an ASA correct?
    So if I have that installed will I still need macro fittings or does it come with it?

It is going to cost about 500 dollars shipped, so I might part out my E-1 and put a slider frame on my cocker to help pay for it.

Is anyone interested in a E-1 with complete front-block?
    You might also check with Jim out at APPG in Jordan, he is an AGD dealer and might be able to cut your a deal if you are looking for NIB Mag parts, or a new Mag. Nickel is nice, if you like shiney and clean, but not so good for hiding in the woods.

I play with the farmland crew as well. I've been a member for going on four seasons now, I think. Last year I didn't get out to play much, as there were too many work things getting in the way. I don't think that will be the same this year.

A ULT has nothing to do with the ASA. It's a drop in on/off in the valve that is actuated by the sear and the trigger. I have one in my RT-Pro\ULE and it rips.

I live in Chanhassen, and usually make it out to APPG or Alamo because they are close to home. I head to Special Forces for their big games and out to Splat Tag when there's something cool going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    You might also check with Jim out at APPG in Jordan, he is an AGD dealer and might be able to cut your a deal if you are looking for NIB Mag parts, or a new Mag. Nickel is nice, if you like shiney and clean, but not so good for hiding in the woods.

I play with the farmland crew as well. I've been a member for going on four seasons now, I think. Last year I didn't get out to play much, as there were too many work things getting in the way. I don't think that will be the same this year.

A ULT has nothing to do with the ASA. It's a drop in on/off in the valve that is actuated by the sear and the trigger. I have one in my RT-Pro\ULE and it rips.

I live in Chanhassen, and usually make it out to APPG or Alamo because they are close to home. I head to Special Forces for their big games and out to Splat Tag when there's something cool going on.
    I was talking to Jim about getting a job there, as I live so close (the only thing I don't like is some of his business practice, he tried to have my friend leave his cocker there overnight to put on 3-way hose and he was going to charge 2 hours of work, which was around 40-60 dollars or something. Somebody else came in and did it in a few minutes.) I saw a classic mag on the wall, I was curious as to why he would have one. Now I know why, I never thought I would see one of those in a store.

Thank you for the clarification about the ULT.
    I see a nice classic mag on MCB that I am thinking about picking up, we will see.

I haven't gotten the chance to check out Alamo yet, maybe I will this season.

I got overboard on the shopping cart and I realized that I don't need all the stuff I wanted. I will probably end up picking up a classic mag.

I know he's been more than fair for work that I've brought to him. Then again, I don't shoot cockers, so that might have something to do with it. Some of that happens every where. I paid $150 to have another shop (to remain nameless) replace o-rings on my classic Mag a few years back. I came to find out that I didn't even get a new o-ring kit in the deal.

With Mags it's all about what you want to do with it. I went with the X-Valved ULT, ULE because I was upgrading from a Classic. Then I went wild and bought two X-Mags, now I'm back down to one.

Alamo moved to a new location last year and they are still building the new plot of land into a good set of fields.

Special FOrces is already taking sign-ups for theur June Big Game.

Special FOrces is already taking sign-ups for theur June Big Game.
    We are waiting on Jeff for the sign up forms.

I sent mine in today... He has a roster posted up already as well...

I sent mine in today... He has a roster posted up already as well...
    Chem and I are signed up on 91st infantry, as usual!

Another MN Player

I am located in Buffalo a couple miles from Special Forces. I work there and have been to a lot of big games over the years. I will hopefully be at the June one.

Tim
    Black E-Mag
    Level X
    AA Barrel(Possibly a freak to come)
    Warp Feed
    68/3000 Flatline
    Evolution II
    ------------------------------------------
    Don't let people make fun of your gun. It just means they aren't good enough to own it.

Hey folks... here's a local scenario game you might want to check out...

Hunt For The Cure

more info at Hunt For The Cure Website

JUNE 24TH COME AND GET IT...... My DM may be there, again, as well

THIS IS FROM THE SFBG WEBSITE! http://www.specialforcespaintball.com

If you missed our last Big Game, you missed a lot of new attractions! check out the big game page to find out more. Changes have been made to the field to make it more difficult for the allies since they won the last three games easily.

I would say this was true in three ways.....

1. the first time our group, you know who you are, were transfered between the axis and allies numerous times to help balance out the play style. Hence we beat our own score.

2. the next time, they put up tape so we couldn't cross certain places and take out opposing forces.

3. the next time Jringold didn't come and bring his grill and XMOD software so we were starving and lacking fire support. and poor CHEM was stuck in the RAIN with el'preggo syndrome. no fast shootin' emag this time...................

take that SFPB rules..... though it really may be OK this time around, the new maps look intriguing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    Chem and I are signed up on 91st infantry, as usual!

3. the next time Jringold didn't come and bring his grill and XMOD software so we were starving and lacking fire support. and poor CHEM was stuck in the RAIN with el'preggo syndrome. no fast shootin' emag this time...................
    Chem is back playing? Oh yeah, that "medical condition" only lasts 40 weeks!

Yeah, hopefully we can bring a caravan to get the supplies to the staging area, or I get there early enough that I can make a drop before everyone else sets up.

Maybe this time, we should be further away from the latrine?

Anyone thinging about getting out in May as a "primer"? I've signed up for "The Hunt for the Cure", at SplatTag in Hudson on May 5.

I should be able to go to the Hunt For The Cure.

Thanks for the support, Ao'ers...

Only a couple of weeks until the Hunt game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    THIS IS FROM THE SFBG WEBSITE! http://www.specialforcespaintball.com

If you missed our last Big Game, you missed a lot of new attractions! check out the big game page to find out more. Changes have been made to the field to make it more difficult for the allies since they won the last three games easily.
    So, the Allies won the last three, which I attended none... Hmmm.... We will have to change that. I think I'm going to need to order paint, I have a feeling that three cases won't be enough.

Thanks for the support, Ao'ers...

Only a couple of weeks until the Hunt game.
    The Hunt for the Cure event is this Sunday. Can I get a roll call?

I'm playing on the Coalition side.

I'll be there in Ref Orange...

Coalition could use some organized players, if anyone is willing to step up.

New missions are complete... this will be a great game for those of you that attend... completely mission driven, in your face scenario ball.

I'll be there in Ref Orange...

Coalition could use some organized players, if anyone is willing to step up.

New missions are complete... this will be a great game for those of you that attend... completely mission driven, in your face scenario ball.
    Give us some inside information on the numbers of registered people. What time does the field open, I know that registration begins at 7:00am, but does that mean that the gates open at 6:00. I don't want to sit in a line forever waiting for something to happen... Orientation at 8:00, right?

Gates should be open at 7:00. Not sure on registration numbers, but will find out and get back to you ASAP. Briefing at 8:00.

JR, please check your PM's

70 preregs so far, but we expect a lot of walk ons this year too. The games grows exponetially ecery year.