Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eye
    70 preregs so far, but we expect a lot of walk ons this year too. The games grows exponetially ecery year.
    Yeah, ST usually get's a lot of people on day-of registration, that's why I pre-register to avoid the lines. Hopefully the weather will hold out, looks like 30% chance of precipitation currently...

AO, we're (Farmland mostly) planning to meet at the Country Kitchen in Hudson around 6-ish. Roll call?
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Hunt for the Cure

If you missed this event, you missed a great one. This was a Hard Core Scenario Game, everything was coordinated perfectly and it was so much fun (and work)!!! I think I'm going to have to take tomorrow as a sick day, as I don't think I'm going to be able to walk, and clicking the mouse could be a challenge with all the cramping in my hand... Who would have thought that a medic could go through a case and a half of paint???

People, put this one on the calendar for next year already... It's not just about hosing anymore...

Thanks for the support of the event!

Glad you liked the format and the missions. I saw nothing but stand up play all day!

With the help of folks like you, we managed raise $10,000 this year through the raffles, donation drive, registration monies, paint sales, etc. With the help of a sponsor who wishes to not be named, they matched all of our efforts by paying 2 to 1 for the money that was raised by players and volunteers, raising the total to $30,000.

Thanks for your time and effort, and the willingness to help out a good cause.

For those interested, the Hunt For The Cure game is being held the first Sunday in May next year, and every year there after. If you enjoyed yourself this year, next year promises just as much, if not more fun.

Thanks again, and it's you, the players, who truly are... The Cure!

Thanks for the support of the event!

Glad you liked the format and the missions. I saw nothing but stand up play all day!

With the help of folks like you, we managed raise $10,000 this year through the raffles, donation drive, registration monies, paint sales, etc. With the help of a sponsor who wishes to not be named, they matched all of our efforts by paying 2 to 1 for the money that was raised by players and volunteers, raising the total to $30,000.

Thanks for your time and effort, and the willingness to help out a good cause.

For those interested, the Hunt For The Cure game is being held the first Sunday in May next year, and every year there after. If you enjoyed yourself this year, next year promises just as much, if not more fun.

Thanks again, and it's you, the players, who truly are... The Cure!
    Next year I'm taking my 5year old around to collect pledges. I can't believe the, what 8 year old???, kid took home the Angel One! How about Spock taking the raffle?!? He was happy as a little girl about that...

10 year old...

Last year, another youngster won it as well. I't good to see some of the future players win once in a while.

Spock desn't need much to make him giggle like a little girl...

Yeah, it's always good to keep the younger kids involved, especially for a good cause.

Where's everyone playing for the rest of May? There's a little over a month until the Special Forces Big Game on June 24. I'm trying to get out at least once or twice between now and then, if my wife will let me.

Alamo is only open on Saturdays, but they open at 9:30am, so that might be good for some morning ball. APPG is open on Sundays, but they don't open until noon. Splat Tag always has something going on. Third Sunday I think is pump days, and the Last Sunday is always a Scenario game. SF has walk-on play too... Anyone, anyone?

Since my move to Grand Forks, I only make the Cities about once a month now...

June 3rd GBG at Splat Tag is my next appearance. Our captain, Brutis, will be a general at that game. Always looking for stand up ballers/teams to hook up with.

I can't speak for the rest of the Farmlanders, but we had a great time working with you guys at last years GBG. What side are the Wild Bunch signed up for?

Yeah, I haven't heard from anyone else at Farmland about which side we are on... Could be an important detail. 2 weeks to Giant Game...

We'll be Red again this year...

Darrin posted a map of the game on the Farmland discussion board.

Hmmmmm... Looks like the normal staging area is designated as ot of bounds... I might have to mess around with the Apex during this one.

He opened up the east side of the field on the other side of the valley field too...

Well, since I missed GBG because I was trying to dig the halo feedneck out of my X-Mag feedneck... How was it?

Red 34

Blue 17

I had a great time, personally. I surrendered more people than I actually shot out... which was totally a first. I didn't spend much time on the front lines this game. I did do a lot of scouting and reporting player movement back to our commander.

Overall, I think everyone had a good time. The refs had a good handle on the game all day, and were a strongly felt presense. There were some rules "changed" mid game to keep it from being a total rout... in hindsight, I can see the logic behind those changes. At the time of implementation, some tempers flared. However, nothing got out of hand.

The Blue team put up a valiant effort, but couldn't avoid the inevitable result. My hat is off to all the players that made it out.

What's next on the schedule? I know there's a scenario at Splat Tag on the 24th, as well as Special Forces Big Game going on. I sold my phantom, and will be picking up either a Sydarm, or converting my PGP to a microsquall.

Otherwise, just waiting for paintball to happen.

Unless you pre-regged for the Special Forces a while ago, there's not much of a chance in getting in that one (June 24th, anyway).

Splat Tag has the Moonshine Wars game on the 24th as you mentioned. WB will have a contingient at this game, but I won't be there.

My next game is the Viper RTS game at Sherwood in July.

Speaking of selling guns, I just let go of my XMag. The team picked up a new gun sponsor and I wouldn't get to use the X at all in team games, and I don't play much walk on...

I still have a mag in the bag though, just in case I do get in a pick up game some where that's not team affiliated.

Speaking of selling guns, I just let go of my XMag. The team picked up a new gun sponsor and I wouldn't get to use the X at all in team games, and I don't play much walk on...

I still have a mag in the bag though, just in case I do get in a pick up game some where that's not team affiliated.
    I never knew you had an X? Did you sell it to someone you know? So, you have to use the marker of the team sponsor? Hmmm, remind me to never join a team.

So, are you going to get to shoot a One? Was Spock's raffle win for naught?

Sold the X here on AO... it went to Canada. Bought it here back in January, and only got to use it a couple of times.

I can't comment much more than I have about the sponsorship just yet... when the powers that be give the ok, I'll explain more.

Yeah, I saw the sponsorship ad on the website. Pretty cool, but I didn't think they were much into the woods/scenario stuff. You'll have to let me know how that goes.

WB has Operation Overload at SFPB on the schedule as an event. Do know if they have chosen Allies or Axis? Would be nice to know how the teams are going to be slanted.

Thanks for understanding...

We have it on our schedule, but with all the stuff going on the last couple of months, we didn't get registered... WB won't be playing at the SF game.

I registerd insanely early and the thing filled up super early anyway. They only have 270 on the roster right now, so either they haven't updated it, or they are reserving 30 spots for something.

Too bad we can't get more MN-AOers out for an AO day or something... I see WI/IL and a bunch of other places having gatherings...

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.. Who's all registered for SFBG? Mech, do we have a plan for food? I'll bring the grill. Looks like a SCORCHER! I was hoping that I could get away without having to bring as much stuff... I'm going to play it risky and only bring the X-Mag and leave the backup at home. I should probably be sure all the batteries are charged...

I'll need some help with the unload since I'm flying solo and I won't have the usual partner to help. I'm wondering how few trips I can make it...

Who else is on for Sunday?

Chem, Mech and I will be there early. If you are there you are more than welcome to toss your gear on my truck as I will be driving back there.
    Get yourself a Hawaian Shirt and Fall in with Team Hawaii 5 Oh

Good luck, and have fun AOMN!

AOMN this sunday? today? aw, i live in texas but i go up for the SF big game almost every year, i'm gonna try and make it up this year, hope to shoot some paint in MN.
    -fully upped mech mag (magzilla) www.havoc-online.com
    -upped 68 mag (class) My Feedback AIM = nate2k191
    -live in peace TK-
    AO-TX

OK, now that I read the board... I'll join the 5-0 clan next time out. I'll also bring more paint next time. If I'm going to hang with 5-0, I'll need to have more than 2 cases.
    Thanks for the shade and the refreshments... Nothing better than friendly fire incidents. Anyone hear from Jeff about how well allowing people to drive down and drop off worked?

Someone cut me a copy of that CD!

OK...........But no more Friendly Fire. (Did you think that I would not jump at this chance?)

Quote Originally Posted by Plug
    OK...........But no more Friendly Fire. (Did you think that I would not jump at this chance?)
    I don't recall any such incident. I mean you were only wearing red hawaiian print. You'd think that would scream "I'm on your side", but it comes across to me as "Shoot me!" I took two FF's as well. We won't let that happen in... September? When are you playing out there again?

hey, i actually will be up there for an SFBG, the one on the 14th. look for someone with some sweet mags . i'll do the same.