Thread: The MAGnificent Mysterious leak No one can Fix.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The MAGnificent Mysterious leak No one can Fix.

I have a trigger/rail leak as many posts Ive been reading have and been trying to fix this but no one seems to be able to. But heres my story.

Quit playing in 2006 and gun been in bag since. Some friends "discovered" paintball and wanted to play so I ofcourse dusted off my Mag. Drop some oil in it and gun still shot perfectly but I knew a leak was sure to come soon as old as it was so ordered X-valve kit to be ready.
    3 cases later got my first leak...small black vent hole on valve. No problem easy fix Regulator Piston Assembly $30. While I was waiting for that part to come in I said what better time to clean and change the o-rings. During which 2 days later leaving gun parts out on work bench my kids lost my Reg valve Pin Assembly...ok no problem ordered whole new one $30. Cleaned and replaced 2 white and small black rings on ULE trigger. waited for parts and boom now leaks at trigger/rail. Spent hours reading forums taking apart recleaning redoing shims etc. vary sad.

Quick recap
    Gun rips 100%
    Leak stops when hold trigger down
    Regulator Piston Assembly NEW $30
    Reg Valve Pin Assembly NEW $30
    ULE white and small black o-ring replaced ( new x-valve kit )

Tried powertube shims 0-3... 4+ causes barrel leak
    Tried multiple L10 carriers - current one is as snug as it can be without bolt stick
    Tried ULE shims 0-3 ... 4+ and its to long and can fit in body

Speant hours reading and cleaning and rearanging shims with no luck
    Anyone has a fix for this Please let me know...Thx !!!!
    Last edited by Grimmstone; 12-17-2022 at 01:09 AM.