Thread: pneumag history

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

pneumag history

Got a project I need some help on.

A guy on Facebook asked me about the history of pneumags, and I started to think that this might make for an interesting topic for a video I could post on YouTube. It would be nice to have all the history in one place (especially one that's easier to search than AO). The only problem is that my knowledge is pretty limited. I really didn't get into the pneumag scene until 2008-ish, which was well after all the drama over the PTP patent and the hAir trigger and probably a bunch of other things I don't even know about. I'm sure it's not really helped by the fact that pneumags were "underground" for a long while because of the patent, and few people were comfortable sharing information about them openly. The first time I asked about pneumags, for instance, I was immediately told that no one was willing to share information about it because of the patent, and I should just give up on it. But then I got a few private messages from people who gladly sent me files and hyperlinks to everything I needed to make my own. They just didn't want to share it publically on the forum for fear of legal issues.

Anyway.......all this is to say that if you were around and you remember anything about those early days, I'd love it if you can share about it, especially if you know names and dates. I've made a Google Doc here that anyone can edit, so feel free to write stuff in there. Or you can add your thoughts here and I'll put them into the Doc for you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If you do add something directly to the Doc, please sign your name after so I can give everyone credit. This isn't my story, really, but it's definitely an interesting one, and I think it would be cool to have it all collected as a coherent piece of history.

Edit on 4/11/2023
    I've changed the Doc to read only. You can leave comments directly on the Doc if you want, or post comments here.
    Last edited by rawbutter; 04-11-2023 at 08:12 AM.