Thread: autococker question....

autococker question....

i just bought a 99 free flow cocker. i know that i want to buy a new body for it and i was wondering if i bought a mini body, would i have to get any special parts (ie new front block) or anything like that? or would i be able to just take all the parts off that i have on it now and reassemble them onto my new mini body?
    aim-sok845

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    if you get a new body, you will need a new frontblock screw

of you get the minibody, you will need a smaller timing rod, and a smaller cocking rod... thats about it

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

Isn't there also a special front block for mini bodies? One that has an asa for the regulator on it? I'm pretty sure the regulator has to screw directly into the front block as there is no input hole for it on the body in mini's.
    Where are we going and why am I in this basket?

You might want to ask this question over at http://www.air-powered.com/ the guys over at AIR know their cockers. They are much like an AO for cockers.

Before you swap the bodies, you may want to send in your marker to freeflow for servicing. I bought a used freeflow and sent it in to them to adjust the timing. Not only did they time it for FREE, but they also updated (replaced) the hammer, valve, bolt, timing rod, wire nubbin all on the day they received it, sent me some extra o-rings AND paid for the shipping back to me! All I paid was the cost of shipping to them.

That's what I call a lifetime warranty.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    on the frontblock question.. NO, most frontblocks have a 1/8th npt threaded hole pluged up. easily removed with some elbow grease. then you screw in a minicocker vert ASA. then you are alll said and done!

if you replace the body it's not a freeflow anymore...

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    On pre 99 cockers the set screw for the front block is smaller than on post 2K bodies.

Generally if you get a new body , you will get the blocks and front screw with the new body.

Mini's require a bolt that is made specific to the body.

They also require a hammer with a re-cocking lug built in , although this may be specific to the exact type of mini body you get.

The reg will go on an adapter into the small hole on the bottom of the front block.

The mini body will also require a new 3 way rod and pump rod.

Most of these items should come with your mini as a kit. If they don't I wouldn't bother unless you know exactly who manufactured the body and that they are still in buisiness.

Good luck with your project ...and ah ....if you wanna sell the old freeflow body , I volunteer to buy it.......

9. Mini-cockers do not require a new bolt. And any hammer should work with a minicocker, plus a mini cocker is semi standardized meaning you can grab any parts you need from G3PB.com or Compulsive.

To convert, buy an ASA with 1/8" fitting at the top, pump arm and timing rod.

Az

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by AzrealDarkmoonZ
    Mini-cockers do not require a new bolt. And any hammer should work with a minicocker, plus a mini cocker is semi standardized meaning you can grab any parts you need from G3PB.com or Compulsive.

To convert, buy an ASA with 1/8" fitting at the top, pump arm and timing rod.

Az
    I may be confusing a mini with a cut block (turtle) cocker.

11. Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    I may be confusing a mini with a cut block (turtle) cocker.
    That would be the case, a turtle/fastback/martin cocker all take special parts for that cocker, Minis are simply cockers with the "shelf" about 1" cut off the front.

Az