Thread: "Old School" Promotional Video (I'm looking for info / help! link inside)

Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.

"Old School" Promotional Video (I'm looking for info / help! link inside)

The "Cheese" thread got me thinking, and as a point of comparison I'd like to throw this link out there.

http://www.webdogradio.us/video/olds...ll_oldvid.mpeg 16 Meg size, 1:18 run time (mpg files are just freaking huge, sorry)

I'd put it live on the site, but I have NO clue the context of it. I'm guessing that it's a promotional video distributed to fields in order to bring in corporate customers (Hence "Paintball Seminars"). The gear (and big hair) leads me to think it's from the late 80's, possibly as early as '86. I don't know who distributed the video, or even who ripped it. It's just a random thing I've found, but I have no idea where it came from. Even if you don't know anything about it, you might get a good snicker out of it. (Yes, if you look carefully, there's UVEX goggles in that clip)

Any old timers? Don't make me drag this into the Tinkerer's guild...

-Tyger
    Last edited by Tyger; 08-26-2004 at 05:21 PM.

"Oh, you're wearing a tail and ears, you're a freak."
    "No social change has ever come about without freaks. Einstein was a freak. Ben Franklin was a freak. Martin Luther King was a freak. ...be proud to be included in those ranks."
    -2, The Ranting Gryphon

Nice...

Brought back a lot of old memories. I love that some refs are wearing the shop glasses and not even the UVEX goggles. It is also great in the beginning where they start talking about how women are on equal ground in paintball and then follow that up with zooming the camera in on a girl's butt putting pants her cammo pants on.
    Fly A4

"I'd put it live on the site, but I have NO clue the context of it. I'm guessing that it's a promotional video distributed to fields in order to bring in corporate customers (Hence "Paintball Seminars"). The gear (and big hair) leads me to think it's from the late 80's, possibly as early as '86."

you sound like some historian or arciologist(sp?) that just found an old piece of art work or somethin. lol anyway, nice find.

btw, good job hitting the door frame on the latest vid. lol
    Hard work never killed anybody...but why take a chance?
    My Team=Blackhearts
    My Field/Store=Paintball Atlanta