Thread: ** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i started over and i removed the ult and put in an rt on/off, switched from the gold spring to the red spring, removed all the shims and now i have a blender, my bolt wont stop on anything.... im at a loss for words. im also rting with my tank set to 700 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    i started over and i removed the ult and put in an rt on/off, switched from the gold spring to the red spring, removed all the shims and now i have a blender, my bolt wont stop on anything.... im at a loss for words. im also rting with my tank set to 700 psi.
    If it is hitting too hard with the red spring, then your velocity is turned up way too high or your regulator seat oring is leaking. Have you cleaned out the valve itself? Its always best to completely clean and check the orings in any new used valve. Are both orings installed above the rt on-off top?

You should move and summarize your info into a thread of its own. It may be more than a basic level 10 issue. Being that its a mag, it won't be anything serious though.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I did that, but I think your like right on point here. the o-ring on top of my rt on/off was no good, I just pulled it out and it crumpled into pieces. also, theres supposed to be two O-rings on top of it? I thought there was only one?

A smaller oring inside of a larger oring on top of the on/off. Both should be clear. Good to know you are finding things wrong, like combustible orings XD
    Thanks,
    Jason

ok, im back and my question is, the shims adjust the bolt time resetting correct? I currently have none in and I have no leaks, I also have no idea what my velocity is but if I turn it up too much bolt wont stop on things and when I turn it down to where I think is about the range im going to be shooting at it seems it takes the bolt a second or two to completely reset.

im asking so when I do make it out to the field and crono my gun I know if im thinking correctly or not. thanks again guys

Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    ok, im back and my question is, the shims adjust the bolt time resetting correct? I currently have none in and I have no leaks, I also have no idea what my velocity is but if I turn it up too much bolt wont stop on things and when I turn it down to where I think is about the range im going to be shooting at it seems it takes the bolt a second or two to completely reset.

im asking so when I do make it out to the field and crono my gun I know if im thinking correctly or not. thanks again guys
    No, the shims do not adjust the timing. They only adjust the distance that the bolt needs to travel before it can start venting air. This distance needs to be short enough so that any forward movement will allow the bolt to vent air and reset if it hits an object in front of it and needs to reset. The reality is that the shims really don't change the distance enough to matter if the level 10 carrier is setup properly.

When you test the level 10 operation, make sure you are placing the object directly on the front of the bolt face and not more than 1/4" in front of the bolt. If the object is more than 1/4" from the front face, the bolt will strike it with full destructive force and not the reduced level 10 force.

The bolt spring should always be able to push the bolt back to the reset position without hesitation. If the bolt takes a second or two to reset, it usually indicates that the carrier is tight and restricting the bolt movement.

thanks again athomas, I believe im all good to go now.