Thread: homemade emag charger?

homemade emag charger?

Is there a way to make a homemade emag battery charger? Or will any such attempt fry the battery? thanks, Eric
    Remember its still called Paintball, not cheating, the only thing you should whip is your ***.

you can use the charger pack with a universal power adapter instead of the car charger
    minimag #1321

Xmag #267

What exactly do you mean? Are you looking for a way to charge the battery at with the current charger or doing a setup completely from scratch?

charger

I do not have ANY charger right now. from what I understand, a charger cost $80... Im looking for any alternative to that, would a 12volt car charger fry the battery (probably so I guess becuase of the amps or something) I dont know too much about amps, and what not. Well the battery is just like a bunch of AAA battery put together right? Is there a way to hook them up to a normal battery charger or something?

well, yes, but no. unless you actually know what your doing, dont try it. you need a very specific power supply to charge an emag battery. 17V, 60 mA, expensive in and of itself. plus, you have to keep a careful eye on whats going on since there would be NO overcharge protection.

i guaruntee you will not find an already-produced charger for a 16.8V 600 mAh NiMH battery pack. it just wont happen. You might find an RC charger that will do it, but it is unlikely, and will run you over 100 clams anyhow.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."