Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildfire's first tourney

Wildfire's first tourney

Today was our first tourney as Wildfire, we were the only girls there, and pretty much our first time even playing together and we managed to place first in the rookie division (but also played against open division teams). Woohoo! We all live atleast several hours away from each other and play on other teams but we decided to just sign up for a tourney and see what happened! It was awesome! Though on Saturday we walked the fields and pretty much organized everything within the team. We had 6 players with the alternate (one other girl wasnt able to show up). We even had 2 guys as our "Pod Squad" filling pods, doing air fills, cleaning masks..that was pretty awesome too. hehe. Anyway, we were really proud that we were able to pull it off and will actually practice with each other first before entering any other tourneys. hehe. We also played some guys from a local radio station and mopped the floor with them both games (plus, we were on the radio too!).

btw, thanks again to Patron God of Pirates for our Wildfire logo
    Last edited by Clare; 03-21-2003 at 12:16 AM.

we had just gotten to the field (the only one not in the last pic was Amy who is on the far left)

the jerseys were sponsored thanks to National Paintball Supply
    Last edited by Clare; 08-18-2002 at 09:53 PM.

our "Pod Squad" (I adorned them in AGD stickers)

off the break
    Last edited by Clare; 03-21-2003 at 12:16 AM.

we were planning our precise attack

cool great job. thanks for the pics

Good Traders: MrMag, RogueFactor, LawFox32,Daroach,magsRus,donggie,irbodden,SIGSays, lopxtc
    BAD TRADERS: Jezus/TheEmagGuy

ooooo look at all the ladies

here's a better pic of everyone (after I hurt my knee I decided to stay as a backer)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

woah,i wanna be on ur pod squad

oh well,good job,and nice pics

btw,howd u hurt ur knee,and are you ok?hope u didnt hurt urself too bad

how can you even deny it CaPoEiRa rules!
    Good Traders
    -------------
    B.C.
    JMDOO
    MOSSMAN
    ALIENS-8-MyDad
    Wildfire
    Dansim
    FiresoulXO
    Edboe
    Jon/xpm

nice, but what kind of pants are those??

any of those ladies shoot an angel
    just thought i would ask

Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

Originally posted by Cliffio
    nice, but what kind of pants are those??

Cliff
    Pretty sure they're DYE pants.

Yea they are core devision pants.
    Great job girls
    Level 10 Centerfeed polished Emag With J&J 2 peice.
    Level 7 Powerfeed left 68 Mag' With J&J ceramic barrel.

Nice job ladies!!

AGD

Thanks everyone!

btw,howd u hurt ur knee,and are you ok?hope u didnt hurt urself too bad
    it really wasn't a big deal, I just couldn't kneel down too well after getting bunkered and had a nice fat welt on my knee then soon after hitting it against a stake holding one of the sup air bunkers down

any of those ladies shoot an angel
    yes, actually 4 of the girls have an angel, one has a cocker, and my emag

wow 4angel shooters...get them on AO and convert them all to emags!!!!!!!!

muahahahaha

glad your ok..

Hey Capo, good luck with the team. I always like the pics of you laying the paint. It always makes me cringe thinking back to AO day in jersey. You're one mean lady!
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

Congrats on the day of playing Capo, I didnt get to officially meet you but I was playing with Jak Gear. I meant to but the (back to back) x 12 games kept me busy refilling and going to the next field. I did have a ball meet you though , I got a blind shot on you I think our first game, you were in the right 30 triple stack, behind faith in the 50. Good to see you girls pull together a squad that can ball, hopefully you can keep it together and get better. Only fault I saw was you all hit your bunkers and stayed there, gotta move or everyone will move around you and close down your lanes. Good luck with it.

It always makes me cringe thinking back to AO day in jersey. You're one mean lady!
    lol, that's funny but I'm not "mean"

Only fault I saw was you all hit your bunkers and stayed there, gotta move or everyone will move around you and close down your lanes.
    Hi gatorchris! I didn't really talk to anyone from Jak Gear except for one guy and I don't remember his name anymore . oh and yeah that was one of the team's faults..I think the problem was that we hadn't played with each other before and therefore didn't know how much to trust each other's cover fire and playing. Like in one game against you all, there were 2 guys from Jak Gear (one coming from the left and right) that were about to bunker me and I thought that one of our girls (who was on the back right dorito) would take the guy on the left out and I would focus on the one coming from the right. But it didn't happen and I got lit up from the left side all up my back (and by that, I'm not saying she's a bad player cause she's awesome). Anyway, once we practice with each other there won't be a problem fixing that at all. We were just there to have fun and see what happened. Thanks for the advice though and hope to be able to talk to you next time
    Last edited by Clare; 08-20-2002 at 04:29 PM.

Sweet job. Chicks rule

Trust is important, but I wouldnt rely on just practice to build it. Jak Gear was a mix of basically 5 teams players, and only two guys were from the same team. You have to trust everyone's skills more than their personalities. When you walk the fields, discuss your bumps and whos responsible for what lanes. After that commit to them and do it, if someone gets hosed you discuss it after and fix it. It will come along, Faith is a great player, and Tara is a pretty competent backer, just have to communicate and ball. We were surprised with your fifty run on the break our first game, our break really didnt have a shooter with an angle on that lane, so we went back and fixed it. Cant stick to one plan all day, you have to adjust and keep teams on their heels. Are you planning on practicing soon? If so let me know where, I can probably get my team down there to help out.

Trust is important, but I wouldnt rely on just practice to build it.
    Well,considering that we had just met the day before and weren't aware what each other's strong points were I'd say that trust would have been a big factor in this case. We were planning on playing together on saturday but it never happened.

When you walk the fields, discuss your bumps and whos responsible for what lanes.
    that's true, we talked it out for a while on saturday and right before we played on Sunday and some of us did switch positions. I stayed in the back for several games after my knee was really bothering me..since I felt that I couldn't tuck into a bunker or run as fast I could anymore.

Are you planning on practicing soon?
    we are but not sure when, I'll be sure to let you know when I find out.

WOOT!!!! CHICKS RULE!! There's your smiley mascot!!!!

btw: How bout my Extreme plus cash for that E-Rebel you won?! haha

Riotz Guest
    Good job!

Don't let her fool you. She is really mean, evil even.

hehe

btw: How bout my Extreme plus cash for that E-Rebel you won?! haha
    NEVER!!

Great job ladies!

It's really awesome to see a group of girls
    get it together so quick for a competition!
    Your certainly an inspiration to all the lady teams out there...keep it goin!!

Harry
    AGD Lions

Don't let her fool you. She is really mean, evil even.
    hey! I can't believe I let that slip by without me seeing it the first time! punk! :P

Your certainly an inspiration to all the lady teams out there...keep it goin!!
    Thanks a lot

Riotz Guest
    Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
    hey! I can't believe I let that slip by without me seeing it the first time! punk! :P
    teehee, what? ::innocent look::

Great job Gals... Keep up the good work!

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman