Thread: Center feed minimag bodies

Question Center feed minimag bodies

Were these a production run or a few made?

Talking

I'm not sure I believe there were only a few made, when I called AGD asking about barrels they said they had never made them!! but I'm no expert so I am probably wrong. all I'm going to say is good luck finding a barrel for it.

I think you are talking about this:

yeah he did this by taking one of these:

and switching the feedneck with this:

and then re "blasting it". I wouldn't do it if I were you. AGD never made them. This one is custom.

Look up "Centerfire Minimag".

Diggers Centerfire Minimag Review

Actually there was a run of HI-RISE VERTFEED MINIMAG bodies. This is what I used and siimply had the feednecks switched from the LO-RISE VERTFEED EMAG/RTPRO body and HI-RISE VERTFEED MINIMAG body.
    Last edited by kopfjaeger; 11-04-2006 at 11:17 PM.

don miguel, is that mag yours?

www.Intimidatorowners.com
    Black and Red Alias

no it kopfjaeger's he had it posted on the pic thread. I think Don was using it as an example... even if he was wrong. (for example the c/f mini has it laser etched on the valve along with a serial # for that particular C/F minimag) even if AGD doesn't claim to make them or to have made them ever!

let me clarify the no rise vert minis. I had a one built by Brad AGD. It started life as a high rise vert and was then cut down to a no-rise. I had Brad order the clamp from AGD. This is the second one I have ever seen with a no rise.

MANY years ago (long before I started working for AGD which was in 2001) a limited run of center feed Minimag mainbodies was done for a single dealer - possibly Trader J's? - and those bodies still show up for sale used here and there.

Marcia
    AGD-USA

GT, that is the body you sold me a while back in the picture above, now converted.

Talking

if Icould figure out how to post pics on this thing I would show ya'll my old mini, I haven't converted it to a no-rise but I still love it (although I temporarily robbed the rail and trigger frame for my current project.)

lets see those pics

Quote Originally Posted by gus13
    if Icould figure out how to post pics on this thing I would show ya'll my old mini, I haven't converted it to a no-rise but I still love it (although I temporarily robbed the rail and trigger frame for my current project.)
    To post pics..........

Go to this section:

https://www.automags.org/chat/forumfaq.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by $tevo
    don miguel, is that mag yours?
    No sorry that's Kopfjaeger's beauty. I wish i had one. It looks like an evpensive conversion though. many $$$$$$$$$$.

$40 dollar conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by kopfjaeger
    $40 dollar conversion.
    Yeah but you had to buy both mainbodies first.

Quote Originally Posted by don miguel
    Yeah but you had to buy both mainbodies first.

No you don't.

hey Don you might want to remember what I told you the other day. I've only just recently joined this community and I'm already getting tired of the crap you pull out of nowhere that is totally wrong or at least wildly inaccurate. you need to at least have some basis of fact rather than total supposition to back your statements. again this is not a flame (at least not intentional) but it IS a friendly reminder. People want an answer to their questions, but they want the RIGHT answer, so if your just guessing and you intend on posting then at least state that your guessing, rather than sounding like you have a clue whether you really do or not. I'd appreciate your cooperation on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GT
    No you don't.
    what are you talking about? unless he got the mainbodies for free then how did he switch the feednecks? I asked him about this a while back and he (kompfjaeger) told me he bought got two mainbodies (minimag+ center feed low rise twist lock) and got the feednecks swapped, and repainted. That's all. Mabe he got them for free, he never told me that. Im sorry, I meant to say that it looked like an expensive conversion, I deleted the Pm but I rember him saying something about switching the feednecks of a center feed lowrise twist lock, and a minimag body, to make his own custom body. It looks very nice, I just thought it looked expensive, my bad.

this thread jogged my memory...i used to have one of the original minimag c/f bodies, although i believe they were all high-rise versions, the no-rise being a very few one-offs.

/i actually still know the whereabouts of this body, i believe it's collecting dust on a shelf...

*EDIT* In this setup I used one of Doc's barrel adapters, although the place I bought it from still had a large collection of c/f twistlock barrels, and other VERY oldschool mag stuff. The only guy I ever found that still sold mag stuff, and I think he never moved outta the early 90's...mech STO cockers, original RT's with the smaller, shrouded valves...I should ransack that place....
    Last edited by shorty24; 11-06-2006 at 05:59 PM.

I got one of those Digger bodies and had Tunaman convert mine to a no-rise, and then powdercoat it gloss black. The body cost me $60, and I think Tuna charged me $60 for the conversion and powdercoat including shipping. Totally worth it, I think.

Rehme, Derman 2k, Ryal 999, Lord Whoopass, 50 Cal, Tack, RTrampage and Deathstalker are all good traders

My Feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100494

/\/\/\/\ teh secks!!!1! very nice looking...

Quote Originally Posted by don miguel
    what are you talking about? unless he got the mainbodies for free then how did he switch the feednecks?

Read Pullman's post.

pullman has a Niiiiice setup. but the question remains how may c/f minimag bodies were actually produced?
    Off topic but on the same thoughtwave..... how many z- grips were produced, and also stock chrome bodies on the mini-mag (I have a friend with these two and he swears the chrome minimag came like that from the factory and only a few were produced, I'm not so sure myself but I am curious about it) I do understand that z- grips are "kinda" hard to find (although on here less so) but I'm curious to see exactly how "rare".

Waiting

I am saving my pennies so the next time one comes for sale. I be ready for my pnuemag

well I found the answer on the minimag bodies. But I am still curious to know how many Z-bodies were made and how available they are, also with the center feed mini.

anyone know a site that sells centerfeed no/high rise mini mag bodies? or is anyone currently selling?