Thread: Almost there.....

Almost there.....

Pics suck. Batteries died on my camera and not sure when I will get back into town.

Breakdown:

Body: Shortened and bobbed. Lower sides milled. Pump milled. Back additionally milled to accept either a standard or reverse valve. - Most of the milling done in house with hacksaw, files, bench sander and sandpaper excepting pump milling and lower body milling which were done by Luke.
    Rail: Bobbed, ULE'd, pump milled, and foregrip hole tapped for threads. Milled to a \_/ shape. - Most of the milling done by Luke.
    Valve: Capped reverse Minimag.- Cap by Deus Machina.
    Pump Kit: Unknown aluminum pump handle on AGD kit. Pump handle milled/drilled for weight savings by Luke. Pump rod homemade out of brass
    Foregrip/Reg: Bob Long reg mounted to custom milled VASA. No longer gasthru. - Milled by Luke.
    Frame: M86 by Cougar
    On/off: NDZ
    Fittings: CCM
    Feedneck: CCM
    Anodizing: ATMF

I still want to do aluminum lines. Just need to get the rest of the fittings in that I ordered.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-27-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Looking sweet! Gotta swap the blue rail out for a dust black one though

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    Looking sweet! Gotta swap the blue rail out for a dust black one though
    It's all going to ano anyways, so not worried about non-matching right now. Still need to cut up the body some more for the reverse valve. Then hard lines....

Nice one!

Changed your mind about that rail?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Changed your mind about that rail?
    No. Still on the fence. You may be receiving another to mill....

My Am slug rails have a different profile than the AGD version, that is if your trying to get ride of the side dovetail.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    My Am slug rails have a different profile than the AGD version, that is if your trying to get ride of the side dovetail.
    Yep. But it also needs to be shortened in the back, pump milled and uled... Might just live with the dovetail and have the other work done. This is also the one that I had you do the threading for the VASA mount... Ugh. I hate making mistakes....

Looks great, I love seeing the M86 getting used. Especially since I know you've only had it a couple hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Looks great, I love seeing the M86 getting used. Especially since I know you've only had it a couple hours.
    Yep. I was sitting waiting for it to arrive. It feels awesome. I'll probably take the top set screw out but think the lower will be nice. For some reason from the pics it looked really wide, but isn't at all. Feels really nice in my hands and I LOVE the finger grooves. Very groovy man! Was planning on putting this frame on another build, but like it so much on this that I had to order a second.

Updated pics in first post.

Looking good. I think I recognize a couple of those parts.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Looking good. I think I recognize a couple of those parts.
    Yep. Once I got the plug out the reg worked great. First time I've tried running the valve on the gauge port. Seems to work fine.

Looking forward to pics of the other side. Wondering how your air line flows. Did you sleeper mill your ASA and put the air line through the grip or is it just not attached in the pic? I too am piecing together a capped pump. Just haven't decided what parts to use. Don't you hate it when you have enough parts to build 4 mags but you want all the parts together in one mag? LoL

^^^ The other side isn't plumbed yet as I got the wrong fittings from CCM. The line will run from the right side of the Asa to the right side of the reg. Only real advantage is it's easier to use the foregrip and pump "hitman style".

This thing is awesome. I've seen it in action. In addition to being trimmed way down, the pump is so smooth that OPBN can basically keep up with most semis (as long as he's not forced to switch to lefty!)

You're too kind. I did get to use this for the first time this past weekend and it worked really well until I tried to play pump left handed and ended up jamming the pump rod and bending it. Ugh. Now I know why they suggest making them out of steel instead of brass.

I've heard of guys using brass and always thought it was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    I've heard of guys using brass and always thought it was a bad idea.
    It was fine most of the day until I was trying to shoot quickly left handed for some cover fire and timed it poorly jamming the rod. Caused it to bend and then after the stroke would stick. I could have pulled it apart fairly quickly and rebent it, but just went with another marker to finish the day.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    It was fine most of the day until I was trying to shoot quickly left handed for some cover fire and timed it poorly jamming the rod. Caused it to bend and then after the stroke would stick. I could have pulled it apart fairly quickly and rebent it, but just went with another marker to finish the day.
    Come to think of it, I think XM is making his pump rods later this week (he was waiting for the steel to arrive last I talked to him). He might be able to make you a few spares...

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Come to think of it, I think XM is making his pump rods later this week (he was waiting for the steel to arrive last I talked to him). He might be able to make you a few spares...
    They don't mount the same, but I did buy some extra material from him to try and make my own.