Thread: new sleeper reg "from" PPS

new sleeper reg "from" PPS

I've been staring at threads all day...

Hills sleepy EP mag, post from Renie and KNM about hidden LPRs
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261839
    https://automags.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=renie
    https://automags.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=renie

pouring thru drawing I've sketched and sent to Renie and Forest about the same subject...

so i called Craig at PPS, we talked a bit and now i'm submitting plans to him for this very project. I was wondering who would like one? i need a list after i get the go ahead from Craig

i'm trying to keep the design as simple as possible
    i'm thinking "gas thru" like, taking an AKA sidewinder profile and having two separate outputs one high one low pressure, no tank threads on top just a flat mount like a regular asa with two screw holes from the rail

if anyone has CAD skills to lend please do!!!

PNEUMAG REG

how do i insert this image?

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013
    You need to host the image somewhere else.

iPhone 4s

thanks

Talking De nada

thanks
    Your very welcome

Haaa

Put a little lube

Now there's a guy that can design an LPR.

Nice plan, but I really don't want one. I would have to build a whole 'nuther EP mag for it. My EP with a micro-rock is one of my favorites. This would be painful to pass up. Fortunately, p8ntbal4me isn't selling his uni-pro yet, so I will blame him.

As always, comes down to cost. PB funds are pretty low for the foreseeable future, but hopefully that will change at some point. I'm guessing that is Palmers goes through the effort of making something like this, they'll either stock them or make them available for special order.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    . . . .I'm guessing that if Palmers goes through the effort of making something like this, they'll either stock them or make them available for special order.
    Yeah. . . . .and they won't be cheap either!

I like it. I'd rather see the LP output on the top though so it would be completely concealed. Perhaps both output port locations should be included; just throw in a set screw plug for the unused port.

it is on top...

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    I like it. I'd rather see the LP output on the top though so it would be completely concealed. Perhaps both output port locations should be included; just throw in a set screw plug for the unused port.

I thought about it but were would the screws for the frame go?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    Now there's a guy that can design an LPR.

Nice plan, but I really don't want one. I would have to build a whole 'nuther EP mag for it. My EP with a micro-rock is one of my favorites. This would be painful to pass up. Fortunately, p8ntbal4me isn't selling his uni-pro yet, so I will blame him.
    What design? I see a tube with holes. I like it but the issue will be getting a large enough passage for the HP air to feed an X-valve with this design. Which is why I never tried to make one shaped like this. I am not saying it is not possible but with difficulty comes cost. I just dont see this design being possible in my head.

You might have an issue with your LP output location. Having it in the top might actually be better.

As for design, why not a tube within a tube? The inner tube can be for the LP internals and the area between the inner and outer tube can be the HP pass through?

As always, comes down to cost. PB funds are pretty low for the foreseeable future, but hopefully that will change at some point. I'm guessing that is Palmers goes through the effort of making something like this, they'll either stock them or make them available for special order.
    That's why I posted the idea here... if this is simple enough/looks good for everyone, we can put together a list for how many for PPS to make and the price goes down

I said I would get 5 if the price was less than $100

As for design, why not a tube within a tube? The inner tube can be for the LP internals and the area between the inner and outer tube can be the HP pass through?
    That's the same idea Craig has, using a male asa stab

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    What design? I see a tube with holes. I like it but the issue will be getting a large enough passage for the HP air to feed an X-valve with this design. Which is why I never tried to make one shaped like this. I am not saying it is not possible but with difficulty comes cost. I just dont see this design being possible in my head.
    I meant giving it over to Craig. He will either be able do it or have a very good reason why not. I was hoping to keep micro-rock guts, but concentric pressure sleeves might be larger than 7/8" unless you could thin up the internal sleeve. Eh, that's why I would like to see what Craig does.

I see. Interesting, and I to would like to see what he comes up with.

I like it but the issue will be getting a large enough passage for the HP air to feed an X-valve with this design.
    You don't need a huge 1/4 line to feed a RT valve. Remember, we use to run Micro line which is like .080 ID. Thinner then a Q-Tip . Jay's stormwalk used 4-40 screws to seal the air passages not being used which is about the same size and have no issues RTing wiith that frame.

I would prefer a double LP port myself, one on the top and where it's shown in the pic then you can use a 10-32 LP plug to cap which ever port your not using.

well if enough people are interested i need to make a list for orders for PPS to start

No pre orders for me.

If they want to produce them I will buy one but otherwise....

It would be great to get these guys to make them as they are my favorite regulator maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    You don't need a huge 1/4 line to feed a RT valve. Remember, we use to run Micro line which is like .080 ID. Thinner then a Q-Tip . Jay's stormwalk used 4-40 screws to seal the air passages not being used which is about the same size and have no issues RTing wiith that frame.

I would prefer a double LP port myself, one on the top and where it's shown in the pic then you can use a 10-32 LP plug to cap which ever port your not using.
    I had forgotten about that micro line stuff.

No pre orders for me.

If they want to produce them I will buy one but otherwise....

NO BAD WORDS like PREORDER...

i just want a list to give to Craig so he see the interest and makes them

ill take some if this is actually going to happen.

That's the same idea Craig has, using a male asa stab
    I spoke with him also. He said if we would be ok with having the inlet at the top its a piece of cake. However, I think that would look like crap.

How about instead of putting this into a foregrip, we go another direction and put in into an asa? This way, you dont need an separate inlet, and the lpr out put is close to the grip where you dont have to run LP hose all over.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    How about instead of putting this into a foregrip, we go another direction and put in into an asa? This way, you dont need an separate inlet, and the lpr out put is close to the grip where you dont have to run LP hose all over.
    Sort of like the old Tippmann bottom mount ASA's that had an LPR integrated into them?

Got a reply from Craig and he had an excellent idea. Use a Boulder reg, and make a vertical mount that the top would fit into that attaches to a mag rail like a vert asa.

Got a reply from Craig and he had an excellent idea. Use a Boulder reg, and make a vertical mount that the top would fit into that attaches to a mag rail like a vert asa.
    yes perfect, awsome.
    yeah have him do that.

yippy.