Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Agg Mag (mQ-Valve)

Not to be a killjoy here, but unless I'm missing something, this doesn't sound too horribly complicated. I'm guessing that the electrical solenoid in the cocker version of the Q valve is positioned where the hammer would be. The pulse pushes back against the valve stem, which is sealed via the air pressure on the cupseal. To prevent too much battery drain, a spring could be used to naturally push against the pressure of the charged air chamber. This jives with all the tech specs I've seen.

With a mag, you'd be using the same "large solenoid valve" idea to dump into the dump chamber, with no sear, so that the act of dumping actuates the valve and pushes the ball. This also seems to jive with what I've seen (no sear assembly).

Of course, the freestyle from ICD is pretty similar to a mag...A similar style retrofit is probably possible.

...If I'm right, then, it wouldn't work in a bushy, because the bolt and valve assemblies are linked, unlike a cocker. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by wantamag
    could you guys worth the "q-valve " into a buhsy? woul;d it perform better?
    Yes it would on a Bushy but there would be modification done to the gun that would be considered "custom" and as such, isn't a drop-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27
    Not to be a killjoy here, but unless I'm missing something, this doesn't sound too horribly complicated. I'm guessing that the electrical solenoid in the cocker version of the Q valve is positioned where the hammer would be. The pulse pushes back against the valve stem, which is sealed via the air pressure on the cupseal. To prevent too much battery drain, a spring could be used to naturally push against the pressure of the charged air chamber. This jives with all the tech specs I've seen.

With a mag, you'd be using the same "large solenoid valve" idea to dump into the dump chamber, with no sear, so that the act of dumping actuates the valve and pushes the ball. This also seems to jive with what I've seen (no sear assembly).

Of course, the freestyle from ICD is pretty similar to a mag...A similar style retrofit is probably possible.
    Your guess is a little off but you are close to the gist of the valve's working principles.

The only thing with the Freestyle is that it still needs an off-the-shelf 'noid to actuate a mechanism in order to dump the air. The mQ-Valve doesn't.
    Last edited by PBX Ronin 23; 10-14-2004 at 11:07 PM.
    /s/ Mel C. Maravilla
    PBX Battlezone
    PBX Paintball Station Inc.
    PBX Ballistix Lab
    PBX@NYC Paintball

It not an automag anymore it's something else.
    LunaticKyle007
    "Death Before Dishonor"
    My Paintball Site
    68 Black Automag p/f left
    12" DYE Boomstick
    lvl 10 bolt
    KAPP Foregrip Extender
    X-Chamber
    CP Flame Drop & On/Off
    Pre-Brass Eagle Revy With X-Board
    ...oh yes.. automags rule

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lunatickyle007
    Right you are. It's another option that hopefully would lead to players buying Mags now that there's a viavle electro mod soon to be available.

I think its awesome. Looks like a mag, if you tell people its a mag there going to belive it.(IMO thats most of it) And maby they can work with AGD to get a new electronic mag out there.

We all want to see a video of the mq-valve mag in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lunatickyle007
    So is a mag still a mag with an X-valve and hyperframe (or hair)? What if agd didnt maket he x-valve would all of you x-valve guns not be considered mags? Be optomistic, maby this design is superior to the AIR or RT valve system. I think its awesome hes trying to get a mag like gun back on top here. The majority of you say its not a mag because of the valve just because AGD didnt make it. Then all of you need to start looking down on the Hair, its not made by AGD or his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    Hey! You gotta get in line man! And the line is MIGHTY Long!
    well nicad is going to mill it... what are you going to do with it? (not doubting you tuna, just asking!)
    xvalve, ule body, logic vert frame, WWA barrel
    68/30 PE nitro tank
    cp unimount
    halo B

Quote Originally Posted by slade
    well nicad is going to mill it... what are you going to do with it? (not doubting you tuna, just asking!)
    he could put a purdy design on it and package it on a new marker with some nice tunamag parts

Alright, I have a few questions about this valve.

First off, can it be used with co2 and to what effect?

Also, is there any update on the possibility of packaging this valve with a board and trigger, as "drop into" the intelliframe?

Thanks,
    Don
    [AO-MA]

God it'd look so cool with a rpg 90* chimera frame and a logic alpha rail.

price.................

PBX( Mel) and crew are at the Cup now. They are releasing their PBX cocker.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

What will the price be for the automag version?
    All black ULE RT Pro:
    x valve
    ule body
    intelliframe with dye sticky 3's
    nitroduck 68/45

soon to have:
    something special.....hopefully

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Maybe a bit late in on this conversation...

Just reading over some of the working details.

What makes this anything other that a bastardized BKO operationally? Pneu operated forward stroke w/ spring return.......

Right now it's just a working concept. The focus at the exact moment is the cocker version of the valve.

No price is set as there's only the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by player4
    What will the price be for the automag version?

i think idea is awesome. that would be great if pbx could start building these quickly.

some people might be saying its not a mag, and maybe its not anymore

isnt tom always saying nowadays that he wants to do something different? he wants a new concept, a new name for his guns? maybe this could be it.

i have a question though. im sure its been answered already in this long thread, and i havent been able to read all of it, but how easy would it be to maintain this gun? i know they are only in the proto stage.

Same as any mag.

Soooooooo any new info?

Had to ask!

can we get avideo up please i would love to see this mag in action so please post a video

Guys, our focus right now is the cocker version of this. The picture you see is more of a proof of concept. Meaning "We can do it." It doesn't mean that we're doing it just yet.

Patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    Guys, our focus right now is the cocker version of this. The picture you see is more of a proof of concept. Meaning "We can do it." It doesn't mean that we're doing it just yet.
    so basically you taunt us with pictures of a great new product, but then say that youre going to put it off for a while to work on something else, then come back to continue working on it. thanks.

oh well, i guess itl be worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by slade
    so basically you taunt us with pictures of a great new product, but then say that youre going to put it off for a while to work on something else, then come back to continue working on it. thanks.
    Actually we're working on this heavily now. We want to see this thing out there in the spring rippin' the heads off slow moving muppets.

I firmly believe that once you hook this up to your gun, you'll realize that it was definitely worth the wait.

Are there any estimates of price? For the Cocker or Mag etc. version. Would this be in a competing price zone for the hAir or p-blade? Just an "Over $X" is enough for me. Thanks. (sorry if this has been asked before. I skimmed the whole thread and didn't see it mentioned.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pain For Pleasure
    Are there any estimates of price? For the Cocker or Mag etc. version. Would this be in a competing price zone for the hAir or p-blade? Just an "Over $X" is enough for me. Thanks. (sorry if this has been asked before. I skimmed the whole thread and didn't see it mentioned.)
    If I was to qoute you a number now, I'd be pulling it out of an orifice that you would probably not want to hear about.

Needless to say, I believe that for a product to succeed in the marketplace, it has to give the consumer a lot of bang for the buck......enough said.

Pump Version!!!!!!!!

Ronin
    Where do i go to preorder for this thing. want one for my race half block.
    Race with the best
    or die with the rest

PM him here or on PBN or our own forums-

www.pbxbattlezone.com/forums