Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator II Board - Authorized Install Center

Predator II Board - Authorized Install Center

That's right, we are now offering the Predator Morlock board for installation in several popular markers.

.................................................. .....................
    Specs:
    .................................................. .....................

Monolithic design - Ultra-high quality components used, Professionally assembled in an automated facility, and individually tested to the highest standards in a fully ESD-protected Mil-Spec environment.

Trigger sampled asynchronously - The predator does not "sample" the trigger as other boards do. The instant the trigger is depressed the board detects it - nothing is faster.

Power - The predator has a resistance of just .031 ohms. That is less than the copper wire used in any gun.

Current carrying capacity - The Predator can source up to 30 volts at a whopping 37 amps (that's over 1000 watts of power), combined with the near-zero on resistance. Its no wonder the predator can slam a solenoid open faster than any other board. If the wires were thick enough, the predator could start your bling bling sized urban assault vehicle.

Size - fits anywhere, smallest part count of any comparable board but packed with more features, lightest board around.

Upgradeable - as small as it is, it can be reprogrammed at the factory with any new features.

Computer Interface - will interface with a PC for fine-tuning of programming (existing board support it, interface cable/software coming soon)

Fire Timings - The Predator II has 18 different internal fire timings for a given rate of fire, which it selects based on 9 separate triggers. These are auto-selected on ashot-by-shot basis to make sure the next shot comes out as fast as possible and un-chopped.

Design and Engineering By KM2 - These are the guys that installed eyes in the Angel over 5 years ago and their technology is still being used in almost all of the super-guns on the market.

.................................................. ....................
    Feature List:
    New board with Anti Chop eyes installed (break beam)9 volt battery operation. (includes a new plain ND eye cover)
    Accessory Port for driving a hopper.
    MROF is unlimited.
    Factory support with Free software upgrades for as long as you own the gun.
    Multiple firing modes (semi, full auto, auto response, 2 shot and 3 shot burst - Predator II only)
    AFA Code (New Predator II Only) - Basically a ramping mode that kicks in after your programed ROF is reached (anywhere from 2-40 bps), when active, it drops the debounce after the programed ROF is reached, adding shots until the loader is maxed out.
    X-Code - (Code name for NXL mode) - First 4 shots in the string are semi-auto, on the 5th shot, hold the trigger down and you get full auto at 15.75 BPS. Let the trigger go for 1 sec, and the cycle will reset.

Prices:

Vision Impulse - $275
    Non-Vision Impulse - $325
    Shocker SFT - $350
    EMag (Break Beam Eyes - ULE Bodies only) - $425 (They are a real bugger)
    EMag (No Eyes - ULE or SS bodies) - $250
    XMag - $275 (using ACE only)
    HyperMag (Install Eyes) - $425
    HyperMag (No Eyes) - $250
    Viking w/o Eyes - $350
    Viking w/ Eyes - $250
    Intimidators - $250
    Angels - $350

DIY Kit (board and standard install kit only) - $150 (No returns and no tech help on the DIY installs.)

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................
    Impulse Combo Deal - Pred II + Ripper V-2 Vert Frame - $375 Installed + Shipping

Shocker Combo Deal - Pred II + Ripper V-S Vert Frame - $450 Installed + Shipping

***The Preds are back in stock now.***

*Above prices DO NOT include shipping.*

Thanks for stopping by.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 04-11-2005 at 04:58 PM.

i know you said ule boddie, but are you able to install on a karta body?

Quote Originally Posted by pulserifle99
    i know you said ule boddie, but are you able to install on a karta body?
    Yup. By ULE I meant anything except a stainless twistlock body. That means no classic bodies, rt bodies, minimag bodies, or older RTP/EMag bodies. Since the breech (where the sensors need to go) is part of the barrel, its a no go.

I can install these in any aluminum main body, be it a ULE, Karta, Dallara, Micromag, XMag, SFL, IT, etc.

Thank you for your interest.

Sweet.

Will installing this in an imp use the vision, or will it have a custom breakbeam setup?
    *After giving personal info for buying a used item*
    LoserStrikesBack:Oh and one more thing
    SoulessShadow:yeah?
    LoserStrikesBack:By law, i have to tell you because im sending you a package
    LoserStrikesBack:im a rapist
    LoserStrikesBack:but im clean now
    And again, after reading feedback saying he's really not a rapist
    SoulessShadow:lol, really not a rapist
    Auto response from LoserStrikesBack:Raping santa...be right back
    SoulessShadow:lol, and more
    LoserStrikesBack:that was pretty ironic

Quote Originally Posted by 02vertcocker
    Will installing this in an imp use the vision, or will it have a custom breakbeam setup?
    Doesn't use the SP eye at all. You will get all new break beam eyes installed, with a new cover on the driver's side.

Hope that answers your question.

Nice, and when you say vision imps, you just mean the new 2k2+ ones that are already drilled for an eye, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 02vertcocker
    Nice, and when you say vision imps, you just mean the new 2k2+ ones that are already drilled for an eye, right?
    Nah, its mostly to cover whether you will need one or two new eye covers. Machine work is machine work, regardless if the SP hole is there or not. That's all.

where can i buy?

i`ve been looking and looking but i cant find a place to buy predator 2 board`s. where can i buy them at? i looking to have one for my project gun.
    thanks,
    chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    i`ve been looking and looking but i cant find a place to buy predator 2 board`s. where can i buy them at? i looking to have one for my project gun.
    thanks,
    chris
    That's because they are not sold retail to the general public.

If you want one, you'll have to have it installed by one of the authorized install centers.

Sorry, but this had to be done, due to the number of people who would buy the board, botch the install, and then send it in for warranty repair (when there wasn't anything wrong with the board to begin with).

ARRRRGH! I am extremely competent with electronics and I was about to buy a Pred2 board to install in my LED angel. DAMN IT! I see no reason why someone who knows what there doing shouldnt be able to save some money and do it themselves!

Looks like im going to have to go with the Mini-Morlock with Predator code.
    Red/Black Freeflow Lotus Racegun
    Red/Black Acid BPS Twister Cocker
    Bright Black Y-Grip/Warp ULE Mag
    Blue 99 Dark Angel w/Matching Accessories
    Matte Black Stock Class Sniper 2
    Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=94972

pred 2 borad

okay, then may i ask if there is any way to buy the board WITH OUT the warranty?
    thanks,
    chris

Look guys, its not my call.

If it was just me, anything that showed up that I didn't install, would just be neatly repackaged, and sent back to the person COD for the shipping costs, but its not my call.

TAG warranties the boards, and my installs (he won't have to, but you get the idea). He can't tell whether a dealer botched the install or the customer, and he's getting overwhelmed. The easy fix is just to not let the dealers sell the boards alone. Then if it comes in all mangled, he can pin the blame on the dealer that butchered the job, or at least call and verify that it was right when it left (meaning the customer mangled it after the fact). These boards are basically bullet proof, if installed properly to begin with.

As with so many things, the stupidest amongst us has ruined it for the rest.

I'm very sorry, but its just not my call.

pred 2 borad

so what your saying is even though i have a gun all ready to just drop the board in (a $150 board). iam going to have to pay you or some other dealer $350 just to drop the board in? (iam not angry with you in anyway just to let you know, so please dont take this personaly. just at the stupid people that made this happen.)
    thanks,
    chris
    - oh, and is there any way to buy the board from the company? i mean that, that way they know what iam doing. so that if there was a problem that they know to point the finger at me and say that it was my fault?

Will you do hyperframes for predator installs? Yes there is dealer for this work but i have yet to see anyone else but the dealer have a board installed.

Also i see TAG does a magnetic trigger mod to the angels; do you do the same?

I have a hypermag and a angel lcd i would like to installs for.
    send me an email (shaner1@cox.net) i perfer to discuss this in email vs your public thread here in automags.org

If you don't mind Richter I would like to hear CoolHand's answer to the hyperframe install. It's said to run on a 9volt battery so I can only assume it would work on a hyperframe, right? I have a few hyperframed mags that could be a little faster So will it work in a hyperframe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    so what your saying is even though i have a gun all ready to just drop the board in (a $150 board). iam going to have to pay you or some other dealer $350 just to drop the board in? (iam not angry with you in anyway just to let you know, so please dont take this personaly. just at the stupid people that made this happen.)
    thanks,
    chris
    - oh, and is there any way to buy the board from the company? i mean that, that way they know what iam doing. so that if there was a problem that they know to point the finger at me and say that it was my fault?
    No, that's not exactly right. If your marker is all ready, and all I have to do is solder it together and mount the board, I can do that for $200.

KM2 will not sell to the public directly. TAG is basically their only distributor.

As for the HyperFrame, I've never put a Pred in a HyperFrame before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it can throw an EMag 'noid, the tiny pancake in the HF should be no problem. The price is the same though, $350 for the break beam eyes, or $250 with no eyes at all.

I'll have to talk with TAG about the trigger mod, but I don't see the machine work being too much for me to pull off. Its not gonna be free though. Shouldn't be too high though either.

Let me talk with Bob and see what's what.

thank you

thank you very much for your time and help coolhand. i guess you`ll be seeing my marker come in for the pread board soon. just need to finish some odds and end on it.
    thanks again,
    chris

it says it can run off a 9 volt, so if i had one in my emag, id be able to run it off a 9v effectivly?

Quote Originally Posted by meshaq
    it says it can run off a 9 volt, so if i had one in my emag, id be able to run it off a 9v effectivly?
    Nope, that big ol' 'noid would suck that little battery dry in just a few shots, if it cycled at all.

E/XMags gotta use their stock 18v honkin' battery.

Ryan,

What's involved with a Viking install? And how hard is tournement lock to semi to do?
    Thanks, Eric

Quote Originally Posted by oledude
    Ryan,

What's involved with a Viking install? And how hard is tournement lock to semi to do?
    Thanks, Eric

If its got eyes now, then its just a matter of cutting up the harness and soldering the new parts in place. If it doesn't have eyes now, then I'll have to get some covers, and cut the holes through the breech.

That's about it. No different than any other marker really.

The tourney lock is simple to activate, you just flip these two little DIPP switches on the board to the "ON" position. Then you can't change the settings. To get back to the settings, you just flip them back to the "OFF" position. Easy Peasy.

Ryan,

Sent you an email. Would like one for 04 Viking w/ WAS eyes.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by oledude
    Ryan,

Sent you an email. Would like one for 04 Viking w/ WAS eyes.

Eric
    Got it, and replied.

Bump

Ryan,

What covers are you using for the eyes? I have an IT body, and just want to picture what the covers will look like on it? Thanks

Edit: Also would the eye wires be ran in the rail of an e-mag or external?

Darren
    My drinking team has a paintball problem.
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit1106
    Ryan,

What covers are you using for the eyes? I have an IT body, and just want to picture what the covers will look like on it? Thanks

Edit: Also would the eye wires be ran in the rail of an e-mag or external?

Darren
    They are just little oval shaped pieces of alum. All that will show is a piece of alum .26" wide by .56" long with rounded ends (like a race track is shaped) on both sides. All the wires are ran inside the rail (which means you get some machine work there too).

They are not done yet, but I will post some pics when I get them.

Couponqueen - I can do a Matrix, but I will most likely end up using the EBlade covers for them. Its a pretty long trip from the breech to the frame on them.

Alright,any idea on a price for a pre-ACEd trix?