Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator II Board - Authorized Install Center

Quote Originally Posted by Couponqueen89
    Alright,any idea on a price for a pre-ACEd trix?
    If its already had eyes in it once, then it'll be the same price as the Viking with eyes ($250), and I can reuse your existing eye covers.

If I gotta do a bunch of machine work to install the eyes, it will be $350 just like all the other markers in the list that don't come with eyes.

Thank you for your interest.

Just two questions. Very interested in up grading both Emags. If I were to go the Pred II route will I still be able to use mechanical back-up and would I recieve the original parts back with the conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by REDRT
    Just two questions. Very interested in up grading both Emags. If I were to go the Pred II route will I still be able to use mechanical back-up and would I recieve the original parts back with the conversion?
    Yes and yes.

Answer

Bump

Just had an XMag and an EMag show up for an install.

Any other takers?

New batch of boards due in any day now. (IE I won't be running out. Yay )

MindJob Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Bump

Just had an XMag and an EMag show up for an install.

Any other takers?

New batch of boards due in any day now. (IE I won't be running out. Yay )
    Ryan,

Any pics or vids of the X/E-mags in action?? (drooling on keyboard)

BTW, we've been e-mailing back and forth about an install on my X-mag. I will contact you PROMPTLY after X-mas so I can send my gun in. (Still drooling)

Thanks
    -Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MindJob
    Ryan,

Any pics or vids of the X/E-mags in action?? (drooling on keyboard)

BTW, we've been e-mailing back and forth about an install on my X-mag. I will contact you PROMPTLY after X-mas so I can send my gun in. (Still drooling)

Thanks
    -Scott
    No pics yet, I haven't gotten to the XMag that's here yet, and the EMag that came in is missing parts (off at ano right now), so its a no go too.

As soon as I get to the XMag, I will take some pics and post them up.

I've decided that I like the ACE much better for an XMag install (instead of going with a set of break beams) due to the need to readily remove the breech.

ULE EMags will still get the break beams, but I think the XMag is best left with the reflective eye (its not a bad eye anyway, with good software, you may never notice a difference).

I will be here when you're ready to have your X done.

Coolhand, what is involved with sending you are markers? Send you the complete marker to where? What kind of payment and when? My brother and I are going to send you both Emags after Christmas. Just finding out the details before hand. What is the turn around time? We are practicing threw the winter. Kind of like them back in a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by REDRT
    Coolhand, what is involved with sending you are markers? Send you the complete marker to where? What kind of payment and when? My brother and I are going to send you both Emags after Christmas. Just finding out the details before hand. What is the turn around time? We are practicing threw the winter. Kind of like them back in a reasonable amount of time.

You just pack it up and send it to:

Logic Paintball
    801 Industrial Drive
    Belle, MO 65013

You can pay via PayPal (before or just after you send them), or you can drop a money order in the box with the markers.

I will need the whole deal, so I can run some paint through it when I'm done to be sure the eyes are working like I want them to. Turn around is two to three weeks depending on how busy I am at the time.

That is all.

so installation on a hypermag (with eyes installed as well) is 350$....

now THATS a deal.....
    [IMG]file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Homey.php.gif[/IMG]

share the love baby.......

Quote Originally Posted by kramer
    so installation on a hypermag (with eyes installed as well) is 350$....

now THATS a deal.....
    Its hard to tell sarcasm on the internet, so I'm going to assume for now that you were serious.

If I have to install the eyes, then its $350. If, for some reason you already had eyes, then it would be cheaper.

The bulk of the money involved here is paying for all the machine work required to install the eyes.

Im not naming names, but the same type service was quoted to me at roughly twice the price - believe me - it aint sarcasm.

It IS a deal.......

actually thinking of doing this to one of my hypermags if I decide to keep them......
    Last edited by kramer; 12-15-2004 at 12:07 AM.

Im not naming names, but the same type service was quoted to me at roughly twice the price - believe me - it aint sarcasm.

It IS a deal.......

That's good to hear.

Here's to saving some green -

I am very interested in your mod - what is the turnaround time to get the board and eyes installed?

and the milling for the eyes is included?

Would it be possible to get the board with no Eyes?
    RIP John Sherman 1952- 2004

-Adam
    K To the E

I am very interested in your mod - what is the turnaround time to get the board and eyes installed?

and the milling for the eyes is included?
    Turn around is two to three weeks from when it shows up here.

If milling to fit the eyes is required, it is included in the price. (That's why Timmys, XMags, and Viks that already had eyes are so much cheaper.)

RogueFactoryKid - Yup, I can do that too, though I would need to quote the price individually (depending on the marker its going in). I still have to do the install though.

Happy Holidays to both of you.

MindJob Guest
    quick question for you,

How difficult is it to change settings/modes via the trigger pull? I know that the original Morlock was a pain......

also.. can you do an Angel LED? (would need eyes installed)

Quote Originally Posted by MindJob
    quick question for you,

How difficult is it to change settings/modes via the trigger pull? I know that the original Morlock was a pain......

also.. can you do an Angel LED? (would need eyes installed)
    Its not bad after you do it a time or two.

An Angel LED is not a problem, though it will still get the EBlade eye covers.

awesome, i might have to do this sometime in the future....

The DIY option is back!!!!!!11one1!!!

NEW!

We are now back to offering the Predator Morlocks for DIY installs.

Price is just $140 + shipping.

You can order them HERE .

Woot!!

The only catch (you knew there had to be one) is that there is no install support, and no replacements if you screw it up. Its called DIY for a reason. If you need help, go to TAG's forums. Other than that, you're on your own.

Last edited by CoolHand; 01-07-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Does that mean there is no warrenty with the DIY kits?
    Why doesnt anything work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by benzy2
    Does that mean there is no warrenty with the DIY kits?
    I'm not entirely clear on this myself. It appears to me at least that TAG will still honor board warranties, but that they will also not render any install support for the DIY boards.

Sooooo, what I'm thinking is this:

Don't buy the board alone if you aren't sure if you can install it correctly. If you install it incorrectly, and then send it in for warranty work, be prepared to pay to have it fixed.

Its a catch 22, because how do you know if the board is bad, until you try to install it?

I will say one thing though, whatever TAG decides, once the DIY boards leave my doorstep, there are no returns. I will ship them in static proof bags, and pack them like fine china, to be sure they get there in one piece, but I will not assume any responsibility once it leaves here.

There is just too much room for BS otherwise.

That's my line, it may be a hard one, but you know it up front.

If the package is damaged (IE mashed flat or torn up real bad), then have the driver note that before you sign for it, and take it up with UPS if it is indeed bad. All packages will be insured for $150, so you know you will get enough out of them to buy you a new one.

That's all I can do.

So you say for advise on installing the Pred board that we should visit Tag's forum? Do you happen to have that link handy Mr. CoolHand? Oh and you and Luke from the Dealers forum should get together so you can be CoolHand & Luke....

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog
    So you say for advise on installing the Pred board that we should visit Tag's forum? Do you happen to have that link handy Mr. CoolHand? Oh and you and Luke from the Dealers forum should get together so you can be CoolHand & Luke....
    Indeed I would --------> Linkage!

Its funny you should make that crack, I get called Luke sometimes (my name is Ryan though ).

Anyway, that should get you all the info you need.

Coolhand did you ever take any pics of the emag install? I might be interested in getting this done on my emag as I seem to have fried the stock board
    MY TRADER FEEDBACK (<--- click here)

Maroon/Black Karta ULE Emag w/Predator board
    Red/Black Acid Wash Edge milled Excalibur

I have a Timmy now and wanted to put in the predator board myself - wanted to do DIY so my question is: is it basically a 'drop in' upgrade for the timmy (break beam eyes included)?

MindJob Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    NEW!

We are now back to offering the Predator Morlocks for DIY installs.

Price is just $140 + shipping.

You can order them HERE .

Woot!!

The only catch (you knew there had to be one) is that there is no install support, and no replacements if you screw it up. Its called DIY for a reason. If you need help, go to TAG's forums. Other than that, you're on your own.

I love you man........

I would love to see the emag install.

xmag

Coolhand

Does it require a hyperframe to install the Pred2 board? Is it possible to put the board in your 90* frame? If so, what would the price be?

thanks

what about a hyper-framed mag?

not to intrude on ryan's thread, but there are many answers to that question on this thread already (only 2 pages).

anyway, is hybrid mode still avilable on the e-mag with the new board?

thanks.
    Hard work never killed anybody...but why take a chance?
    My Team=Blackhearts
    My Field/Store=Paintball Atlanta