Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: info on sovereign 2

LOL this thread is awesome! So, after 14 () years, Sov 1 or 2? LOL

Well at this point the sov III is the one to get, looks very nice. For numerous reasons, but the big one is that the sov III uses spyder threads

http://www.arrow-precision.com/Arrow...n_markers.html

I actually picked up a sovereign 2, but have not used it much. It was custom made /anodized by a guy at paintball maxx I believe in Texas. Brad N.
    Last edited by ah137; 08-27-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Haha, I'm actually about to start building a new website for the U.S. Distributor of the Sovs and all. Look for it within a month I hope. Looks like a great gun. Not as stylish as a cocker, but ultra smooth. I'll be buying one.

With the seemingly renewed interest in cockers maybe they'll sell.

No, they won't.

Regardless of their "elegant" design, the lack of cocker threads(though you can modify phantom barrels to fit), inability to field strip(the ram-bolt, other than being held in by a locking screw, is pressurized & requires exact alignment in order to work), bad or at least poor user servicability of the 4way, and shear lack of any parts, aftermarket or otherwise is a serious hinderance to the Sovereign.

The Sov has been around in one form or another since 96/97 and it barely has a fingernail bold on the US. There are more people running around with ICD guns than Sovereings.

While i do hope that this new website does something for them. I feel it is just a marketplace for an oddity.

BTW, i own one. And when it shot, it was nice.

Sov III have spyder threads, as I mention in an earlier post.

I have actually owned an played with a sovereign. Not sure of the gen but it's was back in the 2000s I got it timed up AND ....it was fine. That's about it. It is slower then most any autococker. The barrel was also fine. It did the job just looked boring and that really this whole gun. It worked but it was boring. When it went down it was a pain to work on. And I'm "was" a certified cocker smith. Finally it died for good when something bent or broke that I couldn't readily replace. Kept it in my bag for a long time but eventually I sold it in a lot. Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's a classic. But hey maybe I had an old flawed one and the new ones are better. Part of me did feel very James Bond when I brought it out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric08 View Post
    I have actually owned an played with a sovereign. Not sure of the gen but it's was back in the 2000s I got it timed up AND ....it was fine. That's about it. It is slower then most any autococker. The barrel was also fine. It did the job just looked boring and that really this whole gun. It worked but it was boring. When it went down it was a pain to work on. And I'm "was" a certified cocker smith. Finally it died for good when something bent or broke that I couldn't readily replace. Kept it in my bag for a long time but eventually I sold it in a lot. Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's a classic. But hey maybe I had an old flawed one and the new ones are better. Part of me did feel very James Bond when I brought it out of the bag.
    Exactly. Its like a weird car type or laser disks or PDAs. They work, but for whatever reason, time passes them by. Whether it is the weird parts(the brass collar on the rambolt is 1 weak point, IMO), & 5he simple fact that you need near proprietary parts for the entire gun(other than the HPR, a Rock or aftermarket LPR is about the only thing off the shelf that you could replace if it doesn't work. Add in the fact that who is distributer/wholesaler for the USA, it is a hard to say that it is better.

Now, mine was plenty fast, from what i can remember, but can a resurrection or even a standard cocker better? Don't know, but i will guarantee that at any field, you will have someone familiar with a cocker. How many people can actually have seen a Sov?

There is actually a sovereign 3 being sold right now on honest paintball b/s/t Facebook group asking price of 350!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric08 View Post
    There is actually a sovereign 3 being sold right now on honest paintball b/s/t Facebook group asking price of 350!
    Well.....

Well My Sov three is for sale if anyone is interested

Quote Originally Posted by ah137 View Post
    Well My Sov three is for sale if anyone is interested
    This is a 5 year old post.......
    you should just post it for sale in the classifieds instead of bumping this.

Way to go! This must be AO's oldest thread. LOL