Thread: Emag questions

Emag questions

Ok I played wth my emag yesterday for the frst time.

It has a predator board, is that a stock board?

Also, the trigger is so sensitve you barely touch it and it goes off (shot myself in the foot once). Is the best thing to do to leave it on safety? Its hard not to have your finger in the trigger area.

Also, how long should I charge that battery?

As the day wor on, suddenly Id get only a few shots on teh "e" setting. Im assuming the battery drained. I played the rest of the day on manual which did ok. I had charged the battery for 4 or 5 hours and shot 4 hoppers of paint though it. I had the off tool inserted. Do the batteries get shorter life cycles as they get older?

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy
    Ok I played wth my emag yesterday for the frst time.

It has a predator board, is that a stock board?

Also, the trigger is so sensitve you barely touch it and it goes off (shot myself in the foot once). Is the best thing to do to leave it on safety? Its hard not to have your finger in the trigger area.

Also, how long should I charge that battery?

As the day wor on, suddenly Id get only a few shots on teh "e" setting. Im assuming the battery drained. I played the rest of the day on manual which did ok. I had charged the battery for 4 or 5 hours and shot 4 hoppers of paint though it. I had the off tool inserted. Do the batteries get shorter life cycles as they get older?
    Predator board or a Mini-morlock with predator code isn't stock but it is one of the best things going.

Trigger sounds nice. I had to make mine a little less light do to the recoil of the bolt causing the light trigger continue to fire during operation in fast ramping modes after i had stopped firing. Still light, but now I can't shoot it with a blade of grass like I did stock. I use the safety till just before the start of the game and when it is over. Along with the barrel condom and battery plug all the time when not on the field. Safeties can fail and the Emag is a serious piece of hardware and could empty itself pretty fast in a run away situation.

Battery while charging should have a red light on. When it is close to charged the light will turn green. I believe it is only 80/90% charged at that point and leave it charge for 15/20min more after the green light comes on. That is what I do.

Batteries can go south as they get older. That is a fact of life. My brothers mag is older than mine and his battery isn't as good as mine. His is EM008xx. It lasts all day though still. Maybe the trigger is set too short? If you set it too short sometime the firing is unreliable. Making it seem like the battery is going dead. The predator doesn't have a test mode like the 3.2 stock software, but it is easy. Watch the led light. The trigger needs just a hair of travel, the light flickers signaling it fired and just a hair of travel after that. Total travel is set with the set screw on the mode selecter switch. You can adjust it when you take the body off. The magnet in the rail while you have the body off will adjust the trigger effort. Maybe you don't want it so light. By lengthening or shortening the distance from the trigger one can change that. You can use what ever to do that. I've seen wadded paper to small o-rings. I like using a paper punch and an aluminum can or laminated paper to make shims. The HES magnet is the adjustment in the middle of the trigger. Adjusting it in or out is going to change the point of trigger travel it is going to fire at. Set the trigger up the way you like it and test it with air and paint. I swear if that trigger is too light in fast ramping it will go run away. That isn't cool at could hurt someone!

Hope I answered everything and then some. A Predator Emag is a respectable marker that should be used and handled with respect. Good for you to ask questions about it...
    Last edited by REDRT; 05-14-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDRT
    Predator board or a Mini-morlock with predator code isn't stock but it is one of the best things going.

Trigger sounds nice. I had to make mine a little less light do to the recoil of the bolt causing the light trigger continue to fire during operation in fast ramping modes after i had stopped firing. Still light, but now I can't shoot it with a blade of grass like I did stock. I use the safety till just before the start of the game and when it is over. Along with the barrel condom and battery plug all the time when not on the field. Safeties can fail and the Emag is a serious piece of hardware and could empty itself pretty fast in a run away situation.

Battery while charging should have a red light on. When it is close to charged the light will turn green. I believe it is only 80/90% charged at that point and leave it charge for 15/20min more after the green light comes on. That is what I do.

Batteries can go south as they get older. That is a fact of life. My brothers mag is older than mine and his battery isn't as good as mine. His is EM008xx. It lasts all day though still. Maybe the trigger is set too short? If you set it too short sometime the firing is unreliable. Making it seem like the battery is going dead. The predator doesn't have a test mode like the 3.2 stock software, but it is easy. Watch the led light. The trigger needs just a hair of travel, the light flickers signaling it fired and just a hair of travel after that. Total travel is set with the set screw on the mode selecter switch. You can adjust it when you take the body off. The magnet in the rail while you have the body off will adjust the trigger effort. Maybe you don't want it so light. By lengthening or shortening the distance from the trigger one can change that. You can use what ever to do that. I've seen wadded paper to small o-rings. I like using a paper punch and an aluminum can or laminated paper to make shims. The HES magnet is the adjustment in the middle of the trigger. Adjusting it in or out is going to change the point of trigger travel it is going to fire at. Set the trigger up the way you like it and test it with air and paint. I swear if that trigger is too light in fast ramping it will go run away. That isn't cool at could hurt someone!

Hope I answered everything and then some. A Predator Emag is a respectable marker that should be used and handled with respect. Good for you to ask questions about it...

Thanks for the info, its a big help.

One thing I need to do is cut the fingers off my trigger finger on my glove I think that not being tactile enough didnt help.

Ill recharge the battery and check the things you said. thanks again!