Thread: removing a flatline reg

removing a flatline reg

Does this need to be done by a airsmith or can I do it at home? I have two tanks with flatline regs that I'm trying to conver to regular tanks.

Btw, why doesn't anyone want flatline regs anymore? Cause they're a PITA to screw on?

I took a couple apart at home w/ craftsman strap wrenches.

Mine weren't a PITA because I used a quick disconnect on my drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmarx
    I took a couple apart at home w/ craftsman strap wrenches.

Mine weren't a PITA because I used a quick disconnect on my drop.
    Did you take it apart or did you completely remove it from the tank? I want to remove the entire reg.

Removed it from the tank.

My proshop is having the same issue with my flatline reg/tank. Can't remove it for hydro.

Just took mine off yesterday. it took a little bit of but managed to get it off without a scratch.

Removed everything off the reg. fill nipple, gages, on/off etc. put the bottle in a vise between pine and thick rubber. Just tight enough to hold it. put a strap wrench on the reg and tighten the vise a little, back to the strap wrench and off it came. Put the Flatline on a 92/45 and a ninja on the 45/45. Filled them up, and good to go.

Good luck, careful with the vise you could damage the bottle

Nobody wants Flatlines now because Mag owners are all using ULTs and Pneumags, and no other common marker that I know of needs an adjustable tank reg.

When I sent mine out for hydro, I pulled everything off first. It came back without any problem.

However, when I re-assembled it, I got mixed up on which side originally had the gauges and the which one had the fill nipple. I partially screwed the fill nipple into the high pressure port for the gauge. The fill nipple threads were slightly different, so when I corrected my mistake, my high pressure gauge did not want to seal up in the right orientation. Now I have both of my gauges upside down.

Try not to do that...

do you have to use locktite when its reinstalled?

locktite is not needed and actaully ur not sposed to use if you really want to i would use the blue thread lock not the red that is like welding it together LOL