Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got My "Cheater" Today!!

Yeah I know you didn't build for that. And neither did Zap. I'm not complaining. Just was hopeful and disappointed. I need to find my calipers and figure out exactly how much needs to come off.

vf-xx

Doesn't sound like that big of a deal.

I have been interested in these Zap manifolds ever since I saw the first one on eBay years ago. I am sorry I missed the original thread or I would be waiting for my own.

I would like to offer do this fitting for you for only the cost of return shipping for the opportunity to handle one of these.

I am sure you have heard and or seen my hanid-work here and on BEO.

Here is a link to My Feedback just in case you need a little more information about me.

I can turn this fast so you won't have to wait long to try your new toy.

if you are interested in this offer send me a PM and I will give you my contact information.

Loguzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    vf-xx

Doesn't sound like that big of a deal.

I have been interested in these Zap manifolds ever since I saw the first one on eBay years ago. I am sorry I missed the original thread or I would be waiting for my own.

I would like to offer do this fitting for you for only the cost of return shipping for the opportunity to handle one of these.

I am sure you have heard and or seen my hanid-work here and on BEO.

Here is a link to My Feedback just in case you need a little more information about me.

I can turn this fast so you won't have to wait long to try your new toy.

if you are interested in this offer send me a PM and I will give you my contact information.

Loguzzzzzz
    I love this place.

PM inbound.

Frank:

I did some digging around for you, and took some measurements and you really wont need to modify anything much at all.

The most you are talking about is .014", the minimum .001. That means at most youd have to remove .007" per side, the minimum .0005" per side.

Either of those could easily be removed with sandpaper. To put it in perspective 1/64 of an inch is .0156. So the amount youd need to remove from each side is very very minimal.

Hope that helps!

I took a couple more videos today. Other than filing the small part on the trigger (you'll see in the video what I'm talking about) there are no modifications to the trigger (ie, stops, magnet returns, etc).

Edit: I recorded the audio and tried to figure out how many cps I had. If I'm reading it right, it's up around 12-14.
    Last edited by xero28; 10-11-2009 at 10:08 PM.

A small note on the RT pin. Not sure why it's not working with RT pins, heard of 2 so far, but the extra "RT effect" could be causing the problem. Try lowering the input pressure to bring the RT effect down a bit. I think the struggle for power between the RT and the Cheater is causing it. It doesn't take much to fire but the return force on the sear is pretty heavy. The Cheater should win the battle with a little more pressure. Watch what the sear does when you fire. Hold the trigger down and see which is pushing harder. You should be able to hold the sear back with the trigger.
    Last edited by ZapTheMad; 10-12-2009 at 03:57 PM.

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

Quote Originally Posted by ZapTheMad
    A small note on the RT pin. Not sure why it's not working with RT pins, heard of 2 so far, but the extra "RT effect" could be causing the problem. Try lowering the input pressure to bring the RT effect down a bit. I think the struggle for power between the RT and the Cheater is causing it. It doesn't take much to fire but the return force on the sear is pretty heavy. The Cheater should win the battle with a little more pressure.
    I'm running my RT on/off with my current setup (shown in the videos). I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I think I'll try it with the ULT too to see if that allows me to run lower pressures. Though, now that I think about it, I had shaved down the pin a while back, so it is shorter than the standard .750 pin.

Quote Originally Posted by xero28
    I'm running my RT on/off with my current setup (shown in the videos). I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I think I'll try it with the ULT too to see if that allows me to run lower pressures. Though, now that I think about it, I had shaved down the pin a while back, so it is shorter than the standard .750 pin.
    Oh, I thought you mentioned that it was having re-cocking issues. ULT will definitely bring it down.

Edit: Nevermind, you were talking about the ULT, not the RT. You'll just have to fiddle with that. You will get it dialed in. If you think you can rip on it now just wait till you get the ULT running.
    Last edited by ZapTheMad; 10-12-2009 at 04:14 PM.